Click and Tag

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
altoclef

Click and Tag

Post by altoclef »

According to the 14.40 release page, the Click and Tag catalog section should "contain all Labels/Tags defined in your tags database".

However, my experience is that, even after right-clicking Click and Tag: Tags and selecting Update Category, a tag in my database will not appear in the catalog until it has been added to at least one item. Is this as designed or a bug?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Click and Tag

Post by admin »

This is as designed. A tag that has not been added to at least one item actually does not exist in the database.

altoclef

Post by altoclef »

Thank you for your reply.

Am I right to think that the reason that the tag cannot appear until it has been added to at least one time is that the "database" in question is the tag.dat file (or the in-memory version of it, until settings are saved), not the ini file (where I see that the tag is written to the TagsList entry, again when settings are saved)?

Irrespective of where they are stored, could I submit a request that Click and Tag: Tags update immediately to additions and deletions of tags, so that it is not necessary to select Update Category.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you think correctly.

I think about it.