queries

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
shambhu

queries

Post by shambhu »

2 questions,if someone would be kind enough...

i have 2 tabs open, i want to move files from one tab destination to the other tab destination.Can I move files without using the cumbersome context menu? If i use the toolbar another annoying dialog window appears.How do i move files from tab to tab fast and easily?

how can i configure xyplorer to start with windows?and start minimized.

thanks.

agnul

Post by agnul »

Easy enough, select files in first tab, hit Ctrl-X, then Ctrl-Tab and finally Ctrl-V.
I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Hi Shambhu!

Welcome to XYplorer. Which part of context menu is cumbersome? In my opinion easiest is to select files and right-click drag and drop on the tab you want to move to. the first option in the context menu is move. So context menu is not that cumbersome, unless you have a special hate towards right-click drag. :wink:

shambhu

Post by shambhu »

hi serendipity
the files on my computer were increasing and needed to be organized,so i'm trying out a few file managers. In the case of directory opus and xplorer2 ,the process of moving files,for me, is simple - i select a file in one pane and hit the move icon in the toolbar,done,it's in the opposite pane.
I'm looking for simplicity since i only perform basic actions on my computer.I also want the job done quickly and without absorbing much of my attention,so the fewer steps involved in performing the action,the better.So one mose click is good enough but i really don't want to have to squint and read little dialog boxes.
i wasn't aware of the right-click drag procedure you mentioned,but yeah thats quite simple.
could you also tell me how i can configure xyplorer to start with windows?
thanks for you reply.
ps- thanks agnul,for your reply as well

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

oh sorry i forgot abt the start with windows thing and minimize to tray thing.

1. Start with windows: as of now simply add xy shortcut to the startup folder (in my case it is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).

2. minimize to tray: right click on the xy shortcut you just added in the startup folder and choose properties, add this switch /win=min to the end of target. well in my case it looks like this: "C:\Program Files\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe" /win=min

BTW you would find all this information somewhere in the forums or in the XY super wiki: http://88.191.26.34/XYwiki/

shambhu

Post by shambhu »

right,
thanks again.

shambhu

Post by shambhu »

another question
when i try to open a large directory,xyplorer seems to stall,often it won't respond for nearly a minute.....whats going on?
any ideas?
thanks in advance.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

How big is this directory and where is it? I mean on your PC or some shared folder on network?

For some general question and speed tricks look at this link:

http://88.191.26.34/XYwiki/index.php/FAQ