Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
kunkel321

Re: Session Manager [v4.b1 ML(5)]

Post by kunkel321 »

Question: Should SessionManager activate Dual Pane mode? What I mean is, if I save a session that has both panes showing, then later, I'm in single pane mode, but activate that session, should SM put xy back into dual pane mode? I seem to remember that older versions used to do that...
Note: The setting of both panes are getting saved, it's just that one will be hidden. (No big deal, really.)

Edit: My bad. The option for saving layout is invoked by prefixing the session name with a question mark... It say so right in the save dialog... :oops:
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Does anyone know if Flux is okay? Hasn't logged in for a month...

Also a question: Does anyone know if it's feasible to make the SessionManager code point only to absolute paths??
As discussed here http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15139 I'm having problems with my (at work) network My Documents folder having the same name as my C:\Users\blah file. Everything (so far) in xy still seems to work other than the "Downward Path" feature of breadcrumbs. SessionManager is also having a tough time with looking in the wrong folder. I thought maybe Flux made use of system variables like <user> and whatnot. Maybe if I do a "Find and Replace" in the script and change the <user> into C:\Users\swkunkel\. But will that work? IDK.

EDIT: Actually, I guess it's probably the ini files that wil need to be edited.... (Sometimes I have to type this stuff in order to think about it) ;)

EDIT 2: I scoured the tab.ini files that SM reads from and every one points to the actual path "C:\User..." That's unfortunate. (sad face) :(
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

SkyFrontier wrote:Yay!
Thanks for the good news, Flux!
Will test it asap (this weekend, max) and come back with impressions.
Sorry for the late reply - my turn, this one... :biggrin:
>sigh<
ITCHING to test this but brazilian hurricane is messing my schemes.
Soon, I hope... with the pain in the guts saying "you ARE missing a time saver!" (like every year I have, before implementing a full list of XYto-dos just to confirm it afterwards.)
:?
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi everyone!

And thanks for keeping the thread alive while I was (yet again) offline… :whistle:

@kunkel
— Thanks for your concern! I’m a regular of remote places with no network… :ghost:
 — Nice new icons, more on par with W10, though I still really like your original! :)
 — About the saving of the Single/DualPane state, yes it’s (now) only saved or loaded with layout sessions, and when reverting from a layout session to a regular session.
 — About the paths, didn’t have time to really read yet, but it seems to be related to the saving by XY of tabsets themselves. Will check.

@SkyFrontier
 — The new release should already boost your productivity! :twisted:

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v4.51 ML(5)]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

##########################
###  Session Manager v4.51  ###   ~ Christmas Release ~         MultiLingual (5 languages)
##########################

• HIGHLIGHTS:
+++ Quick control
    Press modifier (Ctrl/Shift/Alt) while clicking on Session Manager button for instant action (bypass menu)
    List (and codes) available in "Options > Display commands…"
+++ Quick sessions
    Instant save (no dialog) of current session
+++ Use icons
    Assign specific icons to sessions

---------------------------

• REQUIREMENTS:
 — Minimum requirements: XYplorer >= v15.00.0518
:!: (for User Defined Functions)
 — Recommended requirements: XYplorer >= v15.80.0002 (for modifiers support) // Edit
 — Previous version v3.2 (for XYplorer < v15.00.0518) available here
 — Previous version v2.71 (for XYplorer < v14.10.0104) available here

• INSTALLATION for first-time users / UPDATE from v2.x:
 — Please refer to first post / this post

• UPDATE » for all users:
 — Overwrite your existing "SessionManager.xys" file with latest version
 — Recommended: Run SM and update your "Default Layout" (and "Default Toolbar" if applicable)

• UPDATE » for non-english users:
 — Download one of the language files and extract it into the same folder as SessionManager.xys (language detection is automatic)
Note (if applicable): Temporary Session and Autosave might appear as regular sessions depending on translation. Just save again/delete obsolete.

• TRANSLATORS:
 — New contributions are more than welcome!
 — No changes between v4_5 and v4_51
 — @all, please head to the dedicated post on the ML forum for the changelog and latest english language file

• DOWNLOADS:

› Script:
SessionManager.xys
(127.17 KiB) Downloaded 1907 times
› Languages:
 — Čeština by Hogaty(v4.b1) Updated 2015-09-24
 — Dansk by Regmos(v4.51) Updated 2015–12–25
 — Italiano by Flora_RMC(v4.b1) Updated 2015-10-02
 — Português (Brasil) by SkyFrontierAdded 2015–09–24
 — Français by pseudoz(v4.b1) Added 2015–09–28

• CHANGELOG:

Session Manager v4.51 — Updated 2015-12-26
* Decreased size (and visibility) of bullet prefix used to distinguish layout sessions (when using icons)
+ Removed bullet prefix when all sessions are layout sessions
* Fixed wrong modifier name in "Options>Display commands…"
* Fixed unwanted creation of a non-existing (blank) AutoSave session when using only regular tabsets (no session) and AutoSave active

Session Manager v4.5 — Updated 2015-12-24
+++ Quick control
    Press modifier (Ctrl/Shift/Alt) while clicking on Session Manager button for instant action (bypass menu).
    — Click and:
        Ctrl = Toggle between last two sessions
        Alt = Reset current session
        Shift = AutoSave Quick Session
        Alt+Ctrl = Load favorite session
        Ctrl+Alt+Shift = Set current session as favorite
    — Codes available for quick control through CKS/UDC/Catalog…
    — List of modifiers and codes available in "Options > Display commands…"
+++ Quick sessions
    Instant save (no dialog) of current session, autonamed with date and active tab.
    Currently only available via Shift+Click on SM button, or via CKS/UDC…
+++ Use icons
    Options > Change Icons of Sessions…: Assign specific icons to sessions
* Main menu: Enhanced visual listing of sessions. All session names —except active session— are now indented.
+ Main menu: Enhanced listing of sessions (when available). Standard ordered sessions first, then standard unordered sessions, then quick sessions, then temporary session
+ Main menu: Added auto-separator between list of standard ordered sessions, unordered sessions, quick sessions, and temporary session
+ Options > Reorder list of sessions: Enhanched. Now, empty line added between previously ordered sessions and rest of unordered sessions (standard and quick sessions, listed alphabetically)
* Main menu: Changed sessions identification/iconification
    — If icons are in use, layout sessions are now prefixed with "•" (and don’t have specific icon anymore)
    — The active session —regular or with layout— is now identified with a new default “checked” icon
    — Retrocompatibility: The active session can still use the previous custom icons, only if default and layout icons exist in XYplorer "Icons" subfolder (<xyicons>). (e.g. with SessionManager.xys: Data\Icons\SessionManager.ico AND Data\Icons\SessionManager_Layout.ico)
* Autosave is now ON on fresh installs (too good to be missed!)t=8691]first post[/url][/b] / [url=http Change Icons of Sessions…: Assign specific icons to sessions
* Main menu: Enhanced visual listing of sessions. All session names —except active session— are now indented.
+ Main menu: Enhanced listing of sessions (when available). Standard ordered sessions first, then standard unordered sessions, then quick sessions, then temporary session
+ Main menu: Added auto-separator between list of standard ordered sessions, unordered sessions, quick sessions, and temporary session
+ Options
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 31 Dec 2015 14:08, edited 9 times in total.

Filehero

Re: Session Manager [v4.5 ML(5)]

Post by Filehero »

Hi Flux,

thank you very much for this very nice Xmas feature update! :D

Due to xmas I could just did a quick test.

Modifier support seems to be ok.

Icon support: assigment works. However, after the first icon has been assigned the standard icons (SM_menu_before_icons.png) for unmodified entries are gone and all entries get "bulleted", which doesn't look that good. :wink:
SM_menu_before_icons.png
SM_menu_before_icons.png (10.95 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
SM_menu_icons.png
SM_menu_icons.png (12.57 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
:appl:

Filehero

/e: updated screenshots
Last edited by Filehero on 26 Dec 2015 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

Regmos

Post by Regmos »

Hello Flux.

Nice update :D

You will find the latest danish (4.5) here:

http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9372
Kind regards
Regmos

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@Regmos
Thanks a lot! Udpated the main post in accordance. :)

@Filehero
Filehero wrote:However, after the first icon has been assigned, the standard icons (…) for unmodified entries are gone and all entries get "bulleted"
On purpose…
When one starts using dedicated icons to identify specific sessions, the default "layout" icon which identifies all layout sessions has to be removed, else no icon pops-up and everything feels cluttered.
So I tried a few things and adding the bullet to identify layout sessions seemed the less intrusive —though I understand your case where all your sessions are layout sessions! ;)
Hence all your sessions are bulletted, which looks cluttered too...
I must admit I didn’t see it coming: only about ¼ of my 15+ sessions are layout sessions.

Now, I just made a try with the tiny "space mark" "·" bullet instead, which may be better after all, looks quite good here.

Replace the following two entries (one with the bullet, and the other with a non-breaking space to keep alignment of sessions indentation). Try it and tell me what you think.

Code: Select all

$GEN_Lay_Prefix = "• ";
   >>>
$GEN_Lay_Prefix = "· ";
$GEN_Lay_Prefix : " $GEN_Lay_Prefix ";
   >>>
$GEN_Lay_Prefix : "  $GEN_Lay_Prefix ";

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Flux is back! Hello again (also Merry Christmas!).

The new version is acting a bit wonky for me. I will try to get back to you on what's wrong. Basically in the list, instead of listing each of my session individually, it combines them all the session's name into one string.
2015-12-25 14_05_54-.png
2015-12-25 14_05_54-.png (9.95 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
Basically "MainTemp" are two separate session. If I save another session called "TheEndofZeWorldo", the SessionManager 4.5 would instead display "MainTempTheEndofZeWorldo" instead of individual sessions. I tried to do a clean install of it and had the same issue.

I will get back to you on it as soon as I can.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@all
Edit: Typo in changelog and SM’s "Options>Display Commands…", about the modifiers to define a favorite session (which can later be recalled by Ctrl+Alt + Click on SM button).

• To define a favorite session, all three modifiers must be pressed while clicking on SM toolbar button:
— Ctrl+Alt+Shift + Click

@Enternal
No idea how that’s even possible!
Blind guess: which version of XY do you use?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Flux,

when I do this

$GEN_Lay_Prefix = ""; // line 168
and

$d_Lay_Prefix = $GEN_Lay_Prefix; // line 303
I get this
SM_menu_icons_2.png
SM_menu_icons_2.png (12.2 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
which is already quite what I like to have.

Finally I took this icon, removed the vertical line on the bottom right and modified the ini to get this
SM_menu_icons_3.png
SM_menu_icons_3.png (13.49 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
:) :)

Modified icon:
S_2.zip
(83.85 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Maybe we could "simply define" an optional own default icon which is then globally used until overwritten per session?

Anyway, SM-Manager my day-safer script. :beer:

Cheers,
Filehero

btw, both code snippets aren't contained in v4.5s script.
FluxTorpedoe wrote:

$GEN_Lay_Prefix = "• ";
   >>>
$GEN_Lay_Prefix : " $GEN_Lay_Prefix ";
   >>>

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Filehero wrote:btw, both code snippets aren't contained in v4.5s script.
Dang! The forum parser replaces non-breaking spaces with regular spaces when copying… That’s why you didn’t find the entries.
If you still want to give it a try (with original v4.5):

// Line 168:
$GEN_Lay_Prefix = "•
   >>> Replace with >>>
$GEN_Lay_Prefix = "·
// Line 302:
$GEN_Lay_Prefix : "
   >>> There’s already one non-breaking space after the " . Duplicate it so there are two.
But you can also remove the identifiers and/or indentation as you did.

Filehero wrote:Maybe we could "simply define" an optional own default icon which is then globally used until overwritten per session?
Well, why not… Will look into it.

• In the meantime, that made me realize I’d rushed the changelog and missed another change. Should have read:
— Retrocompatibility: The active session can still use the previous custom icons, only if default and layout icons exist in in same folder as script XYplorer "Icons" subfolder (<xyicons>).

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Flux, once again very nice update. Thank you. I may be on the same wave length as Filehero though in that, I'm not crazy about the "big fat dots" or "little dots" to indicate those sessions with layouts. Probably because all my saved sessions are with layouts. I do like being able to assign individualistic icons to the sessions though. I'm on a vacation now (Jamaica) so I haven't done too much experimenting, but I like the plain uncluttered look obtained by eliminating the dots and offset.

I also don't use temporary sessions so as a result, I'm getting 2 lines after my saved sessions section (the second line I assume is where the temporary sessions go as seen in Filehero's caption). Would you be able to take care of that issue (i.e., eliminate the 2nd line after the saved permanent sessions when no temporary sessions exist)? There's a lot of code there and I 'm sure would could find it quicker than I can.
SM45_Cap.JPG
SM45_Cap.JPG (17.04 KiB) Viewed 4695 times
Thanks again.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@all
• Updated to v4.51.
Mainly adjustments and small fixes.

• Most notable fix concerns Autosave when active and used with regular tabsets (instead of sessions), which created a blank session.
 — Improbable that anyone was affected by that, except if you made some tests (fresh installs…). In that case, you can check your <xypanes> folder and delete the following folders if they exist: "§1§_         •• Autosave ••" and "§2§_         •• Autosave ••".

• A small bullet "·" is now used instead of the big "•" to distinguish layout sessions from regular sessions when using icons.

@Ken and Filehero and those with layout sessions only
I hear you!
Let’s start with this: now, no bullets at all are displayed if all sessions are layout sessions.

@Ken
I can’t reproduce the double separator issue… :eh:

FYI, it doesn’t show but the whole separator thing gave me a lot of work already, because they’re auto-added or removed depending on the position of the session list (top or bottom), Temporary session or not, Ordered vs unordered sessions, and quick sessions!
So I thought I had tried and checked all combinations… but still now while trying on a fresh install to mimic your screenshot, I only have a single separator.

So same question as with Enternal (which also displays a double-separator issue): what is your XYplorer version?
Klownboy wrote:(the second line I assume is where the temporary sessions go as seen in Filehero's caption)
Nice try… ;)
But in his case, the separator differentiates first the list of sessions he has ordered, from the rest of the (unordered) sessions. And his temporary session isn’t a "real" one (he probably renamed it at some point), if it was it would be listed separately at the bottom of the whole list of all sessions! 8)

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hey Flux, I was just taking a stab at what the double line issue could be. All I can say is I'm using the latest XY beta 16.10.0200. I'm using no temporary sessions and have not used this feature in the past. I have re-ordered the list at one time, but that's all there is - those 3 sessions shown in the capture. When I get back home I can more thoroughly test on my desktop. I did load SM v4.51 and see the dots are gone when all sessions have layouts though I think I like the look a bit better with no change in indentation. Double lines are still present. This laptop I'm using is Windows 7 x64. Thanks.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440