Preview on Right Pane

Features wanted...
ethanpil

Preview on Right Pane

Post by ethanpil »

For a long time, I have been wishing that we had the option to put the preview panel on the side pane instead of within the bottom info panel.

Similar to dual pane file view, just with the preview on the right (or left?) pane instead of the files... What do you think?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Preview on Right Pane

Post by admin »

I'm at it. This is Step 3 of Preview 2.0.

highend

Post by highend »

Wow, this will be a very nice feature!
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It will be a new separate vertical preview pane, so you can also have it along with Dual Pane.

sinilill

Post by sinilill »

I like the direction it's going :tup:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

:tup: :tup: :appl: :appl: :beer: :beer:

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

WOAH really Don!??! I did not expect this at all for Preview 2.0. That mean I can start dancing at some point! WHEEE!!!

That means the I opened up last year about this wish has been fulfilled!! :biggrin: I thought you were not going to do it at all since you never gave a reply in that thread haha.
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12123 (Just putting it here for reference reasons).

YEAH YEAH YEAH WOOT WOOT!!! :tup: :tup: :beer: :beer:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad you like it. :biggrin:

1) First thing will be to find a path through a hostile world full of Adobe (but I know the way, just have to do it).

2) Then the preview pane. My plan is to "physically" embed the Floating Preview within that pane, so the contents will be 100% the same as FP, it will share the all same code (no extra work for me, ha). This means you cannot have previews in FP and PP (our next favorite acronym: Preview Pane) at the same time, but who needs that anyway. When you actively open the "Floating Preview" then the PP will become empty, as if the FP is torn out of it (and it is). Could even look cool.

3) And a GUI question needs to be answered: Is the Preview tab still needed?

4) Support for 64-bit preview handlers (using the same approach as with the context menu, the "Mesh approach"...)

highend

Post by highend »

3) And a GUI question needs to be answered: Is the Preview tab still needed?
At least from the current point of view (without having seen the implementation of the new preview pane), please do not remove it. Sometimes (I) need a "mini" preview directly under the pane, not beneath it. That's depends on current monitor orientation (portrait vs landscape) and in portrait mode the current preview is (or I guess: will be) handier.

Please don't forget to add the new "pp" to controlatpos() afterwards :)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Hm: I think it would be helpful if this window also would be used for Raw View.
(Be it just for it's size.)

And if it were also used for meta you just could show all values.
(Just dreaming :whistle: )
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

i'm lovin' it™

2. Yep! This is what I was expecting. In a sense, this preview pane is kind of like the FP docked.

3. Like highend said, please keep the preview tab. This new preview pane is great for widescreen monitors which almost most users have. The preview tab on the other hand is also perfect for office workers with monitors in portrait mode for documents.

4. Hahaha the mesh approach. Talking about mesh, haven't seen him/her lately. And Flux too. Probably too busy conquering the world.