Flatten Folder has no command number - should it?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Papoulka

Flatten Folder has no command number - should it?

Post by Papoulka »

With "Command IDs on Menu" no number shows up against Flatten Folder (eg via right-click on Tree item). Also, Flatten Folder doesn't appear in Help | List All Commands. Is it supposed to have a number?

Reason: I wanted to attach it to a user button temporarily; I can script it with SC Flatten but thought this would be quickest.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Flatten Folder has no command number - should it?

Post by admin »

There are many commands without an ID. Since Flatten Folder appears to be quite popular it would even add it to the main menu (the other option would be to add it to "Miscellaneous" -- these are commands that have an ID without being in the main menu). But where??? Maybe in File / File Special (although "File" is not helpful here in finding the command).

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

I have a small question regarding Command ids.

User command ids start at 1400, What is the upper limit it can go to.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently there is no limit.

But it might be an idea to limit it to win more possible command IDs beyond the UDC range. I reserved 200 IDs for Miscellaneous commands, but in some years they might be used up...

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

Thanks. So, built in command ids are currently limited and custom ids will have to be limited in future. I sense a future question (maybe around v18) - how many UDC's are you using. :mrgreen:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:biggrin: :tup:

autocart

Post by autocart »

admin wrote:Since Flatten Folder appears to be quite popular it would even add it to the main menu .... But where??? Maybe in File / File Special (although "File" is not helpful here in finding the command).
I would put it in the Edit menu in the group with cut copy paste, right below paste special, since it is a command that moves files, right?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Those first level menus should not get any longer without a very very good reason.