Separate the date style of the created/modified/accessed col

Features wanted...
byates

Separate the date style of the created/modified/accessed col

Post by byates »

Here is what I hope is a simple request: separate the date style of the created/modified/accessed columns. Right now (version 6.10) when I right click the created column and select "Show Age", the both the created column and the modified column change to show the age. What I would like is for ONLY the created column to change. I know, it's picky but there are times when I need to know that a file was created n days ago, but I still need to see exactly when it was modified or accessed.

Thanks!

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Yup, I agree! This is one of those "Gee, now that you mention it, why didn't I?" things... :roll:

I'd actually tweak this request, in that, it might be desirable, in some cases, to also do the reverse, and show exact create date, but have days since modified...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Easy to program, but: it would complicate the interface and break old configuration files. I don't think it's worth it. Plus, since CKS, you can map some shortcuts onto your preferred date styles for quick changes.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Ok...so what about a INI Tweak implementation of this? As that might suffice and thus not affect interface...given that original request was to be able to see a combination of date formats at same time, and I don't follow how CKS would help do that.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Ok...so what about a INI Tweak implementation of this? As that might suffice and thus not affect interface...given that original request was to be able to see a combination of date formats at same time, and I don't follow how CKS would help do that.
If you use the keys fast enough it looks as if it's same time! :)

No, this affects internal data structures that cannot be overwritten by a simple tweak. Sorry, but no way.