MDBU with Multi-Monitor

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JLoftus

MDBU with Multi-Monitor

Post by JLoftus »

Seems MDBU always appears on the primary monitor? If I have XY on another display can MDBU appear on that display (and if so, how?) thanks

JLoftus

Re: MDBU with Multi-Monitor

Post by JLoftus »

I just tried this on another system with more than one display, and get the same results. the Preview window (F11) as well as MDBU appear on the primary monitor.

I would think the default behavior should be for the MDBU to appear directly over the mouse click? Can this be configured? Maybe this could be a Tweak.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Floating preview should preserve position across sessions.
Open floating preview, move preview to new location on secondary monitor and close XYplorer.
Now open XYplorer and try floating preview. Should show up on the secondary monitor.
This works for me. I don't see any mention in help file about preserving position for MDBU.

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

Interesting and, I was hopeful to see the same result, at least for FP but unfortunately, this does not seem to work for me. I have four displays, 2 over 2. The lower right display is the primary, and XY is always on the upper left one. When I tried your suggestion, FP came up oddly on neither of those, rather on the lower left. I moved FP to the upper left display, saved settings, closed XY, and when I reopened XY, FP still comes up on the lower left display. And, MBDU always comes up on the lower right (primary) regardless. @Don, any ideas? Thanks all.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Just to make things clear, I should say that my laptop monitor was extended to another monitor using a VGA cable, so not sure if that qualifies as dual display.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

Might be useful if you ran the following scripting command, copied the displayed "Screen" dialog's contents, and pasted that to the thread:

Code: Select all

screen;
You'll end up with information such as:
Screen wrote:Screen

Virtual Screen:
X = 0
Y = 0
Width = 3200
Height = 1080

Screen.Width = 1920
Screen.Height = 1080

GetCursorPos = 482, 88

Number of monitors = 2
Work Area: (0, 0) - (1920, 1040)

Main form: (-8, -8) - (1928, 1048)

Screen DPI: 96 (100%)
Screen Color Depth: 32
For me, FP correctly shows up on whichever monitor I move it to, but MDBU only appears on primary.
Similarly, many of the tooltips reported in this thread still show up only on the primary monitor.

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

here you go:
Attachments
xy_screen.jpg
xy_screen.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 2183 times