Ability to hide tree without affecting catalog

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:Do you have any idea why the torn-edge effect is available only for right and bottom sides?? :?
I tried that soft too, curiosity, and I actually had the same question ;)
Wild guess: they probably assume that most of the times people would include the top-left corner of a window, but might not want to go all the way to the right/bottom, so that's a way to nicely cut it. You're not supposed not to include the top-left corner of the window.

Can kinda work it out though by flipping the picture, as long as you don't use shadows...
I told them I buy the soft (and I will!) if they work it out. I get this kind of blackmail myself daily... :)

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

HAhahaha =D It worked didn't it? ;P
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

These types of effects (including specifying which edge(s) are affected, as well as the size of the "tear") can easily be done in SnagIt as well (http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp), plus a whole lot more. It's not free, but I've found it to be well worth the price (much like XY, though I don't use SnagIt nearly as much as I use XY!)...

Since it's a commercial product, I only mentioned it after you said you were willing to pay for it... Of all the screen-grab products I've tried, it does the most for what I need. Your experience may be different, of course... They've got a free trial version if you want to test it for yourself.

enjoy!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

avsfan wrote:These types of effects (including specifying which edge(s) are affected, as well as the size of the "tear") can easily be done in SnagIt as well (http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp), plus a whole lot more. It's not free, but I've found it to be well worth the price (much like XY, though I don't use SnagIt nearly as much as I use XY!)...

Since it's a commercial product, I only mentioned it after you said you were willing to pay for it... Of all the screen-grab products I've tried, it does the most for what I need. Your experience may be different, of course... They've got a free trial version if you want to test it for yourself.

enjoy!
Thanks, I know it, but it's not what I need.
(a) Too many features ( :wink: ) that I'll never need.
(b) Flash-animation on the web site (an absolute no-no for me).
(c) My money wants to go to FastStone, I've asked it. :wink:

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

getting along with Lare2's original request, isnt it possible to have catalog without the tree?

I mean atleast I can think of few things:

1. the catalog items can dropdown when I right-click on catalog button in toolbar.
2. A CKS key assigned to pop-up a window with catalog list just like how ctrl+H pops up hotlist.
3. Allow sync between fav folder and catalog so that one can access catalog even when tree is hidden.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
jacky wrote:
admin wrote:Do you have any idea why the torn-edge effect is available only for right and bottom sides?? :?
I tried that soft too, curiosity, and I actually had the same question ;)
Wild guess: they probably assume that most of the times people would include the top-left corner of a window, but might not want to go all the way to the right/bottom, so that's a way to nicely cut it. You're not supposed not to include the top-left corner of the window.

Can kinda work it out though by flipping the picture, as long as you don't use shadows...
I told them I buy the soft (and I will!) if they work it out. I get this kind of blackmail myself daily... :)
FastStone Capture 5.4 is out and it does the torn effect on all 4 sides now! Our prayers have been heard. I bought the thingy immediately (although it's more expensive than XY :wink: ).

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Thanks for the headsup Don - Although I don't use that feature, I do find it is an excellent utility for Windows :) Now it is even better!
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lukescammell wrote:Thanks for the headsup Don - Although I don't use that feature, I do find it is an excellent utility for Windows :) Now it is even better!
Absolutely. Look at my product page ( http://www.xyplorer.com/product.htm ) -- FastStone gave it the extra kick I think.

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

Any info on this idea :?:

Haven't had the time to read this forum and i'm still using 6.00.0011 so don't know if it has been implemented on the latest betas

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lukescammell wrote:Thanks for the headsup Don - Although I don't use that feature, I do find it is an excellent utility for Windows :) Now it is even better!
Just found out they lowered the price to $19.95 two weeks after I paid $34.95 ... :roll: :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:Any info on this idea :?:

Haven't had the time to read this forum and i'm still using 6.00.0011 so don't know if it has been implemented on the latest betas
Not yet but it's on one of my upper lists. :wink:

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

A little bump after some time so you don't forget this.
:D

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

/me Crossing fingers here, hoping you don't forget about this one :lol:

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

Tried to hold my fingers crossed all this time but it hurts a lot :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:Tried to hold my fingers crossed all this time but it hurts a lot :lol:
:lol: Change the hand! :wink: