Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
klownboy

Re: Session Manager [v3.1]

Post by klownboy »

Thanks Flux for the update and keeping on top of this great script. Everything is working fine.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

denekbcca

Post by denekbcca »

Hi there,

I love your session manager app.

I think it would be super useful if I can add each session to my toolbar. Then I can switch between sessions with one click.

Is that possible to do?

Thank you!
Denek

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

denekbcca wrote:I think it would be super useful if I can add each session to my toolbar.
Actually Flux that isn't a bad idea, being able to directly invoke a previously saved session via a single click of a CTB, customized key or whatever. I'm not sure how much work would be involved, but possibly you could set it up such that if a global variable is declared up front before the load statement where the variable specifies a saved session, that saved session would be immediately loaded versus running the usual Session Manager menu. I did something similar on my last change to my vTB (Vertical Toolbar) script here http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 94#p119162. So if the user does something like this...

Code: Select all

Global $vTB="Utility_vTB"; load "<xyscripts>\vTB_v1.04.xys";
the Utility_vTB vertical toobar is loaded in lieu of the last used vTB. Of course yours in more involved and complicated, I have a separate text files for each saved vTB, whereas you have to deal with pane ini files as well as Session Manger.ini. Just a thought, thanks.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

LuckyJim wrote:I'm probably over egging the pudding but is there anyway to show Sessions in the Catalog?
   +
denekbcca wrote:I think it would be super useful if I can add each session to my toolbar.
Already implemented! :biggrin: The info are in the header of the script (though I should add CTB to the list):

// -----------------------------------------------------------------
// --- Commands for external access from Catalog, CKS, UDC, etc. ---
// -----------------------------------------------------------------
//
// --- Load a specific session (e.g. "Session Name") ---------------
//  global $DYN_InpSess; $DYN_InpSess = "Session Name"; load "SessionManager.xys", "_Load";
//
// --- Reset current session ---------------------------------------
//  load "SessionManager.xys", "_Reset";
//
// --- Reset layout to default -------------------------------------
//  load "SessionManager.xys", "_Layout-Reset";
//
// --- Save temporary session --------------------------------------
//  load "SessionManager.xys", "_Save-Temporary";

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Flux,

now here's my feedback on v3.1: so far it works fine on three different machines. :D

Thanks heaps for keeping this gem alive! :D :D :appl: :appl:

Cheers,
Filehero

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

FluxTorpedoe wrote:Already implemented! The info are in the header of the script (though I should add CTB to the list):
Thanks Flux, I had skimmed through your notes in the first post, but I hadn't checked the header of the script. If it's not in the post you should consider identifying this feature - it is a handy one. :) :appl:
You can shorten your example slightly for this feature and it does work fine (and it works in a CTB):

global $DYN_InpSess = "Session Name"; load "SessionManager.xys", "_Load";

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Thank you Flux,
your script is among the most heavily used. :beer:

oblivion

Post by oblivion »

Stef123 wrote:Thank you Flux,
your script is among the most heavily used. :beer:
+1 :beer: :biggrin:
-- bests, Tim

...This space unintentionally left blank.

denekbcca

Post by denekbcca »

Thank you klownboy and Flux for your quick answer!

The short version works well! (The longer version didn't work for some reason)

thank you,
Denek

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v3.2]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@all
Thanks for your support! :)

Regarding the external loading:
— The only reason the "long" version may not work is probably the commenting slashes "//" that must be removed ;)
— I didn't even know the shortening of global variables declaration had been implemented!

Which kinda leads me to the —very minor— update:
— The Options menu has a new entry to display the codes to control Session Manager externally (load current session, reset, etc…). Useful to control SM from Catalog, custom toolbar buttons (CTB), custom keyboard shortcuts (CKS), user defined commands (UDC), scripts, etc.
— While trying SM with the list of sessions on top, I found it a bit confusing, so I moved the "About Current Session/Tabsets" at the bottom, plus
— I added (raised to GUI level) the option to display a separator between the list of sessions and the rest of the menu (whether you use sessions on top or not).
It may be useful e.g. if you have lots of sessions and a highres screen (I'd also recommend using separators between groups of sessions when reordering them). But it may look a bit too invasive, so... Tell me what you think.

########################
### Session Manager v3.2 ###
########################

• REQUIREMENTS: XYplorer >= v14.10.0104 :!:
Previous version v2.71 available here

• INSTALLATION » for first-time users:
— Please refer to first post of thread

• UPDATE » from v3.x (or not using layouts):
— Overwrite your existing SessionManager.xys with latest version

---------------------------

Session Manager v3.2 - Changelog
+ Added a "Display Codes to Access Session Manager Externally" entry in Options menu
+ Added a "Display Separator Between List of Sessions and Rest of Menu" entry in Options menu
* Moved "About Current Session/Tabsets" entry at bottom of main menu when list of sessions on top
Attachments
SessionManager.xys
(85.08 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

hogaty

Translation of Session Manager [v3.2] to Czech

Post by hogaty »

Session manager is very handy script. So I decided to translate Session manager [v3.2] to Czech.

FluxTorpedoe did really very good work.

Attachment: Session manager [v3.2 Czech]

Hogaty
Attachments
SessionManager_czech.xys
(85.86 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

:!: :!: :!:
 I
    Am
       Speechless!
             :appl:

Not only have you translated more than 1200 words, but you did it by digging all through the script!

So, I'm gonna start by saying Thank You for such an impressive work!

And now... I kinda feel obliged to up the ante, such dedication deserves it I think!
So here goes my way to thank you, everyone who's helped with Session Manager on the forums, and the community as a whole:

:arrow: Announcing the future release of Session Manager v4.0 with multilingual support.

— Session Manager will automatically detect if a language file is found (e.g. SessionManager.cz) and will use it accordingly.
— English language will be embedded in the script, but I'll post the external SessionManager.en for translators and for those who will want to change e.g. the name or symbols of the Temporary Session, AutoSave, etc. (I'll post it soon, I'm taking the opportunity to rephrase some entries.)

:arrow: Now, if some of you have cool ideas for new or enhanced features that could raise Session Manager to the next level (while trying to avoid bloating), please raise your voice, it will be more than welcome!

So, stay tuned…

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks for the latest v3.2 update Flux. One item I was thinking about the other day when I was using Session Manager in a dual pane configuration. I have a couple of saved sessions with layouts where I have the file name in pane 1 (narrow view) and the large thumbnail view in pane 2 taking up the remainder of real estate with no nav panel or tree. I'd like to be able to have Sync Browse (#814) and Sync Scroll (#813) enabled for this configuration but I have to enable these when invoke a session since it doesn't seem to save those particular settings. I have Auto-sync Select checked, but it doesn't seem to want to sync browse or sync scroll automatically when I enter the session. In looking through the ini files involved, I don't see anywhere in the ini files where these settings would be saved so I'm not sure if it would be possible at least not currently. Is XY suppose to automatically invoke Sync scroll and browse when you enter a given folder if Auto-sync select is on...maybe not? I'm also not sure if these settings that can be different across different tabs or Folder View Settings. Thanks for your continuing work on this.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the feedback.
Regarding your syncing idea... Sold!
& Implemented! ;)
I've replaced the old "toolbar" option with a new "advanced layout tools" option that activates support for Syncing (done automatically), and toolbar (manually like before), and maybe more later...

:arrow: It's revealing quite useful for sessions dedicated to backups!

@all

Right now I'm putting the final touches to Session Manager with MultiLingual support. It's working rather well, with only a very slight impact on performance but hardly noticeable. I still want to be in touch with a few translators before posting the RC.

If you have any other idea to make SM v4.0 worthwhile upgrading, please go ahead! :)

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

hogaty

Re: Session Manager [translation file for upcoming v4.0]

Post by hogaty »

Hello FluxTorpedoe,

Here in attachment is translation file for upcoming SessionManager v.4.0.

Have a nice day
Hogaty
FluxTorpedoe wrote::!: :!: :!:
 I
    Am
       Speechless!
             :appl:

Not only have you translated more than 1200 words, but you did it by digging all through the script!

So, I'm gonna start by saying Thank You for such an impressive work!

And now... I kinda feel obliged to up the ante, such dedication deserves it I think!
So here goes my way to thank you, everyone who's helped with Session Manager on the forums, and the community as a whole:

:arrow: Announcing the future release of Session Manager v4.0 with multilingual support.

— Session Manager will automatically detect if a language file is found (e.g. SessionManager.cz) and will use it accordingly.
— English language will be embedded in the script, but I'll post the external SessionManager.en for translators and for those who will want to change e.g. the name or symbols of the Temporary Session, AutoSave, etc. (I'll post it soon, I'm taking the opportunity to rephrase some entries.)

:arrow: Now, if some of you have cool ideas for new or enhanced features that could raise Session Manager to the next level (while trying to avoid bloating), please raise your voice, it will be more than welcome!

So, stay tuned…

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux
Attachments
SessionManager_cz.zip
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 141 times