CKS related bugs and questions

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Leave it to the non-English guy to find the best English word! :P
So...Yup...I think we've found the proper scope for the title!
And it's definitely more easily recognizable than "Hot Zone"...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

surrender

Post by surrender »

Two suggestions:

1. A trivial one. Can you make the category drop-down menu window one row longer to accomodate "Miscellaneous"? That way you can get rid of scrollbar. (unless you plan to have more categories)

2. Making two columns in the commands window would be good. It has two advantages, (a) Sorting (which make searching easier) and (b) draging the columns to desired width (the Mp3 submenus in file category are somewhat longer)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:Two suggestions:

1. A trivial one. Can you make the category drop-down menu window one row longer to accomodate "Miscellaneous"? That way you can get rid of scrollbar. (unless you plan to have more categories)

2. Making two columns in the commands window would be good. It has two advantages, (a) Sorting (which make searching easier) and (b) draging the columns to desired width (the Mp3 submenus in file category are somewhat longer)
I do plan to have more categories.

searching easier: I probably will add find-as-u-type in a later stage.
columns: yes, later.

surrender

Post by surrender »

This i think is inevitable,

Right-clicking on CKS toolbar button shows categories.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:This i think is inevitable,

Right-clicking on CKS toolbar button shows categories.
Done :)

surrender

Post by surrender »

I did not find this, but is there a menu item for "create shortcut(s)"? Because I want to make a CKS out of it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:I did not find this, but is there a menu item for "create shortcut(s)"? Because I want to make a CKS out of it.
"New Shortcut..." under Edit.

surrender

Post by surrender »

hmmm, thats ok for one shortcut. For more than one its a pain. I will wait for CKS which will include XY's own custom D&D.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:hmmm, thats ok for one shortcut. For more than one its a pain. I will wait for CKS which will include XY's own custom D&D.
D&D menus don't have KS. They are mousy interfaces, or use accelerators.
But I have a better plan: add Create Shortcut(s) Here as new command to menu File. Right above Delete. That's where it belongs.

surrender

Post by surrender »

oops you are right :oops: . The "create shortcut" that belongs to the shell context right-click menu seems to be the right candidate.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:oops you are right :oops: . The "create shortcut" that belongs to the shell context right-click menu seems to be the right candidate.
It is also in Explorer's file menu. How is it called there (I have only the German version). Is it "Create Shortcut" or "Create Shortcut(s)" or "Create Shortcut Here" or what?

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

My English Explorer shows it as "Create Shortcut"...
Because if you want more than one, you have to repeat usage of cmd...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

I'll repeat that a button next to the red "[KS] is alreay assigned to..." would be nice to jump there, so one doesn't have to search to locate a command/KS he wants to remove. (Or, simply a button to remove/replace that assignation with a new one?)

Also, when you say the location of that command, you seem to use [Category]/[Command] which lacks the submenu(s) it can be in, therefore makes it a bit hard to locate.
I mean, sure View/Random Order helps, but since we can't "jump" there it would be nice to have to full "access" name, eg. View/Current Tab/Sort By/Random Order

In Misc, you have "Cycle Focus". Could there be a "Move/Set Focus To List" command added there too? Because that one I could actually use :)

Lastly, I am not sure how the "Default" button works :roll: It doesn't seem to do anything... 2 KS for one command, clicking it does say/get which is the default (isn't it the first one on list?); and clicking it to add or after having added a new KS doesn't set the default either. :?:

Very lastly, instead of " ..." I would have used ", ..." to show there are more shortcuts, (strip the space/remove a dot if you wanna reduce used space as much as possible) only because it clearly has a separator, currently I find it quite "weird looking"... could even be confusing a bit IMO
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

j_c_hallgren wrote:My English Explorer shows it as "Create Shortcut"...
Since that command can be used to create more than one shortcut in one go (I mean for more than one file), shouldn't its command say "Create Shortcut(s)" instead? Despite what Explorer says. (Just cause Explorer is wrong doesn't mean XY should be to... and XY's custom D&D menu has the "(s)" for such commands)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote:My English Explorer shows it as "Create Shortcut"...
Since that command can be used to create more than one shortcut in one go (I mean for more than one file), shouldn't its command say "Create Shortcut(s)" instead? Despite what Explorer says. (Just cause Explorer is wrong doesn't mean XY should be to... and XY's custom D&D menu has the "(s)" for such commands)
That's my feeling, too. Adding the "(s)" surely would not do any harm.