let PFA default to system

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Stef123

let PFA default to system

Post by Stef123 »

Is there some kind of placeholder to push the system-default to the top of my PFA? Something like

Code: Select all

samp>%system_default%
that I could place on top of my own PFA for samp-extensions?

Certain file types fire up a lot quicker with registered applications compared to my considerably slower portable alternatives. I know I can press Ctrl Shift or Ctrl click a file to override my PFA assignment. But that would mean I always have to Ctrl-click, not to mention some hosts have nothing installed to deal with it. And then I click again. No big deal, just wondering if I am missing out on a smoother method.

bdeshi

Re: let PFA default to system

Post by bdeshi »

You can't push the default-system-association item of the OpenWith menu to top.
You have to create new PFAs to trigger that with #1053;
Add this PFA as the first one

|"System default association" *>::#1053;
This won't trigger by default but you'll find the item at top of the OpenWith menu
[edit: better suggestion]
[ed.]
Oh, you want to override particular PFAs only:

"System default association" samp>::#1053;
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Exactly what I had hoped for. Except for my faulty logic to begin with. I had assumed it would just pick the next in line if the system has nothing to offer. But that's negligible, I just trigger it again, this time with POM to pick my portable alternative. A lot better than the other way round, when my portable substitute came up by default, and slowly crawled to the launchpad, hindered by virus scans and slow USB hubs.

Thanks Sammay :beer:

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

:beer:

btw, going ahead with this, you might see some weird behavior of the file-opening mechanism. http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13616
[ this user is asleep ]

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Thanks for the link. Don't know yet whether it will affect me, but good to know and to have it bookmarked.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

The weirdness may come out of the shadows when you have a selection of multiple filetypes.
[ this user is asleep ]