Support for Portable Devices

Features wanted...
lotsamosi

Re: Support for Portable Devices

Post by lotsamosi »

admin wrote:
lotsamosi wrote:OK, I can see and navigate the entire folder structure. I can remane a file in list view -although it takes about 60 seconds with XYplorer not responsive while waiting.
Wow, that's long. My experience here is that the first rename can take about 5 seconds, after that it's almost instantaneous.

Anyway, renaming was rather a proof of concept. I think the top-most functionality why Support for Portable Devices is done is: Copy files from the device to the computer, right?
Yes, for me I would just like to be able to add and remove photos and mp3s from the phone.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

From the lab: Successfuly moved a file from PD to PC and back again by drag and drop. :biggrin:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Filehero wrote:This malfunction is still around with 14.80.0202.
All fine with 14.80.0204!

For whatever reason the last XY update failed, and I was still on .0202. :whistle:

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

So I finally tested it today with my phone HTC One since I had a reason to plug it in now (updating ROM) and played with the portable devices support. Very good! It feels pretty fast from what I see and no problems with listing files. Can't wait until you can start doing file management with it. That's probably when you are going to get lots and lots of beer anyway right? So we just need to watch out when you're drunk and we know it's near finish? Hahaha.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Puuhh, more than 50 hours hardcore coding for some millimeters of gained functionality. It's going on but it's still a LOOONG way.... :ninja:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Puuhh, more than 50 hours hardcore coding for some millimeters of gained functionality. It's going on but it's still a LOOONG way.... :ninja:
And - Tusch! - it was worth it(*).

Code: Select all

v14.80.0207 - 2015-01-21 20:42
    + Portable Devices: Now you can copy and move files and folders from the
      device to your PC and back using drag and drop, and undo/redo the action.
    + Portable Devices: Now you can delete files from the device. Undo is NOT
      possible here.
Confirmed. :appl: :appl: :appl:

*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
      - Undo/Redo is not yet reliably working for all cases.
Confirmed. With a folder having at least one file (child), on Undo I got a message saying
Error_Undo_Filled_Folder.png
Error_Undo_Filled_Folder.png (8.65 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
but on "Skip" the Undo nevertheless gets executed (verified with WE).

:D

Cheers,
Fullhero

*: Finally, >51 hours constantly hammering F5 now has come to its end...

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Filehero wrote:*: Finally, >51 hours constantly hammering F5 now has come to its end...
:shock:

aimy

Post by aimy »

Can't wait....

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Enternal wrote::shock:
Not literally, of course. I'm just thrilled and excited that the PD train keeps on running. :D

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

v14.80.0208 - 2015-01-22 21:00
    + Portable Devices: Now you can delete filled folders from a device.
Works over here, thanks for fixing. :)

+ Portable Devices: Now you can create new files and folders on a device.
      Also the New Items menu works.
Works over here. :D
However, in case of creation/write the "lag-on-first-time" requires some sort of any/better visual hint. I'd found myself creating 5 new txt-files by constantly hammering <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<N> because I didn't see any "calm down, I got you already!"-feedback. Any chance XY can get more sensible here?

/e: When creating a new folder/file the new item is not automatically entering standard rename mode, another click is required.

Cheers,
Falsebeero
Last edited by Filehero on 23 Jan 2015 06:25, edited 1 time in total.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Filehero wrote:Functional improvement
Add support for list refresh upon unlock. Currently, when a locked device is unlocked after being plugged in, you need to hit <F5> manually to refresh the list. WE does this automatically upon unlock
No progress yet, even if a device is plugged off XY resists to become aware.
Well, Me, Myself and I don't care that much - but my fellow <F5> does, I'm afraid. :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Filehero wrote:However, in case of creation/write the "lag-on-first-time" requires some sort of any/better visual hint. I'd found myself creating 5 new txt-files by constantly hammering <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<N> because I didn't see any "calm down, I got you already!"-feedback. Any chance XY can get more sensible here?

/e: When creating a new folder/file the new item is not automatically entering standard rename mode, another click is required.
Yes, there is a mysterious lag here when creating new *files*, not only the first time but each time. (More mysteriously: The lag sometimes disappears, and the next morning it comes back). Creating new *folders* always works without lag.

Automatically entering standard rename mode: not possible on PD.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Working on the search now (man, it's like writing a second file manager, sigh). Can you confirm that WE's search on DPs is buggy? I just see a vague correlation between search pattern and returned names.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

v14.80.0210: OK, that's it from my POV. I added all basic features I think there should be. One month of my lifetime is enough for this. And there will be another month polishing and bug fixing. Any further enhancements can always be added later, but not now. UFF.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Automatically entering standard rename mode: not possible on PD.
Strange, with WE it is working just like with any other folder.
admin wrote:v14.80.0210: OK, that's it from my POV. I added all basic features I think there should be. ... UFF.
Congrats! :appl: :appl: :D

Man, I can FEEL the pain this must have meant to you. But it's all over now! :beer: :beer: