Trial Version won't unlock even after accepting key

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
daniel940

Trial Version won't unlock even after accepting key

Post by daniel940 »

I just purchased XYplorer, and received my license key. I've entered my name and license key, and receive the message "Thank You! Now click OK, then close the application and re-open it."

Upon re-opening it, I get the nag screen again asking me to "Continue Evaluation" or "Buy Online". The chrome of the application also reads "### 30-Day Trial Version". I've gone through this a few times, opening, entering the key under the Help menu, restarting...but I keep getting the "trial" information, despite it recognizing my name/key combination. I've also tried this via "run as administrator" and get the same result (or lack of result).

Note, I'm running it off of my C: drive, just a regular install, nothing portable or anything. Windows 7.

Help?

Stefan

Re: Trial Version won't unlock even after accepting key

Post by Stefan »

Hi daniel940 and welcome!

daniel940 wrote:I just purchased XYplorer, and received my license key. I've entered my name and license key,
and receive the message "Thank You! Now click OK, then close the application and re-open it."

Upon re-opening it, I get the nag screen again asking me to "Continue Evaluation" or "Buy Online".
Note, I'm running it off of my C: drive, just a regular install, nothing portable or anything. Windows 7.

1) It seams, you have no write access to your XYplorer.ini file?
Can you post the information from XYplorer menu "Help > Various Information"?

App: H:\xyplorer\XYplorer.exe
Ini File: H:\xyplorer\Data\XYplorer.ini
App Data Path: H:\xyplorer\Data\

(More background info at http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 408#p61408)

2) On this page you can verify your license if valid: http://www.xyplorer.com/licenselounge.php

3) There you can read some tips about unlocking> http://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=unlock

daniel940

Post by daniel940 »

Stefan: I tried the License Lounge form and it didn't work, despite me copy/pasting directly from the PDF I made of my order receipt. However, when I copy/pasted from the actual email itself (not the PDF version), it worked. So I tried this way on the actual program, and now everything is unlocked as it should be. Thanks for the help and the speedy reply.

Best,
Dan

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

daniel940 wrote: despite me copy/pasting directly from the PDF I made of my order receipt. However, when I copy/pasted from the actual email itself (not the PDF version), it worked.
OH! That would explain it because a PDF can introduce other data that isn't really noticed...it's happened to me before on other situations.

And welcome to the XY forums as well from me!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.