mouse selection during in-place renaming

Features wanted...
sfwood

mouse selection during in-place renaming

Post by sfwood »

With renaming behavior on the table again, I will mention this. When in-place renaming a name like "name-with spaces.ext", dbl clicking on one of the words in the name selects the word ~and~ the space or punctuation to the right of it. This includes the dot between the right-most word and the ext. If the file name is a single word, the behavior is as for a right-most word. It would be preferable for only the word under the dbl click to be selected and trailing space/punctuation to be left unselected, particularly for the dot after the right-most word. (When dbl-clicking a last word in Explorer, the word, dot, and ext are all selected--even less convenient.)
Last edited by sfwood on 07 Oct 2014 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Filehero

Re: mouse selection during in-place renaming

Post by Filehero »

+2

Word terminators/separators should be excluded from selection on double click.

Marco

Post by Marco »

+1

I posted/wished the same here months ago: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11404
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

autocart wrote:maybe this will help for right now:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 43#p113043
Thanks! However, seems like it disables dbl-clicks to open files & folders when in-place renaming ~not~ activated. Have never used AHK but giving figuring out your AHK script a sporting try--we'll see how that goes..

autocart

Post by autocart »

sfwood wrote:However, seems like it disables dbl-clicks to open files & folders when in-place renaming ~not~ activated.
Ahhhhhhh.... :shock:
From my ahk-experiences so far never thought that would be affected and therefore did not test it (besides I use one-click open on icon) but now tried it and you are right!!!
I will try to find a solution. Sorry.