mouse-down blow up enhancment

Features wanted...
klownboy

Re: mouse-down blow up enhancment

Post by klownboy »

Yippee Yay - 2 !!!

This would apply to the left click MDBU (in full size when not fit to screen) it would be centered when you left clicked instead of being dependent on where you clicked the thumbnail.

In the right click MDBU when the pic is small (i.e., smaller than the screen) would the option center that image on the screen as well? Sounds good. I ask concerning the right click only because with a very small pic when you click the thumb, the mouse cursor would not be under the resultant blown up image in the center of the screen, but I don't see that as a problem. I have right click image stays-up when clicked. In any case it shouldn't be a problem since the blown up image will go away when you click again anywhere on the screen on or off the image.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here you are, v14.40.0308, enjoy! This beta is really happening... :beer:

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

FWIW, my suggestion would be, for small images, to show MDBU in same position as the File Info Tip, i.e. just below (or above, for bottom of list) and to right of mouse position, and for big images the same as now, i.e. centered.

[I didn't actually try v14.40.0308, but v14.40.0309 MDBU "centered" appears to have no effect?..nevermind--I see it]
Last edited by sfwood on 10 Sep 2014 09:39, edited 3 times in total.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Don, great MDBU update (v14.40.0309)! I noticed though when I have on right click "shrink to fit" selected and it's a small image, it is not centered, but exhibits the old behavior (i.e., blowing up at the source). By the way, this happens with a jpg thumbnail in thumbnail view or a file icon in a list format. When I un-select "shrink to fit", the small images are centered. From the beta notes it sounded like you intended them to be centered with both left and right click, knowing that if shrink to fit is selected the larger images (larger than the screen) are going to be centered anyway.

Conditions: With right-click MDBU, stay up selected, and the image file you right click on to perform MDBU is "not" selected. I noticed that when the small image is centered on the screen in MDBU and you click in the same place again (i.e., over the thumbnail) to end the MDBU, the file becomes "selected" which is something that never happened before (i.e., you could use MDBU forever clicking on the thumbnails but file selection was never changed). That second click to release MDBU probably shouldn't affect file selection.
Thanks
Last edited by klownboy on 10 Sep 2014 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

Marco

Post by Marco »

I must be blind: where is the "Centered" option?

EDIT: solved, I was staring at the wrong config page :oops:
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote:Don, great MDBU update (v14.40.0309)! I noticed though when I have on right click "shrink to fit" selected and it's a small image, it is not centered, but exhibits the old behavior (i.e., blowing up at the source). By the way, this happens with a jpg thumbnail in thumbnail view or a file icon in a list format. When I un-select "shrink to fit", the small images are centered. From the beta notes it sounded like you intended them to be centered with both left and right click, knowing that if shrink to fit is selected the larger images (larger than the screen) are going to be centered anyway.

Conditions: With right-click MDBU, stay up selected, and the image file you right click on to perform MDBU is "not" selected. I noticed that when the small image is centered on the screen in MDBU and you click in the same place again (i.e., over the thumbnail) to end the MDBU, the file becomes "selected" which is something that never happened before (i.e., you could use MDBU forever clicking on the thumbnails but file selection was never changed). That second click to release MDBU probably shouldn't affect file selection.
Thanks
Confirmed and fixed.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

It feeeeeeeeellls good!!! :kidding:
Was definitely worth it...

Thank you very much! :cup: :biggrin:
Flux

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, I'm still having my second issue discussed above with a small image which is right clicked to stay up. When you can click the second time with a standard left click to release MDBU, it selects the file. I've also noticed in the same situation that if I right click (on the thumbnail) to release the MDBU instead of being released, it reactivates the MDBU. I've tried using very fast right and left clicks (since it is a timed event) and they still occurred as described. None of these issues occur when the blow up covers the initial thumbnail and you click either left or right to release MDBU. By the way, the right click is centered now. Thanks.

Borut

Post by Borut »

Don, another MDBU detail:

As far as I can see, when in MDBU (while mouse button being depressed) one can move cursor only up to the screen borders. Would it be technically possible to eliminate that restriction. In that way large images could be shifted over screen more freely.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Borut wrote:Don, another MDBU detail:

As far as I can see, when in MDBU (while mouse button being depressed) one can move cursor only up to the screen borders. Would it be technically possible to eliminate that restriction. In that way large images could be shifted over screen more freely.
Not possible (at least not easily).

And I don't see where that could be a problem. How large is large?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

klownboy wrote:Hi Don, I'm still having my second issue discussed above with a small image which is right clicked to stay up. When you can click the second time with a standard left click to release MDBU, it selects the file. I've also noticed in the same situation that if I right click (on the thumbnail) to release the MDBU instead of being released, it reactivates the MDBU. I've tried using very fast right and left clicks (since it is a timed event) and they still occurred as described. None of these issues occur when the blow up covers the initial thumbnail and you click either left or right to release MDBU. By the way, the right click is centered now. Thanks.
I tested with an older version and cannot really find a difference. Seems like exptected behavior to me.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I've got no problem with any of that Don, it seemed a bit odd though that a second right click on the thumbnail of a small image reactivated the blowup instead of releasing it (i.e., you have to move away from the thumbnail and click to release the blow up). I don't recall having to do that previously. If you left click on the thumbnail to release the blowup with the same small image, it selects the image file. Thanks.

Marco

Post by Marco »

admin wrote:

It is my understanding that MDBU with Loupe movement works by ensuring that the position of the mouse cursor on the thumbnail (reference) matches the position of the mouse cursor over the floating enlarged image

Maybe you could manage that by:
-upon clicking, you you paint an invisible reference that fills the screen
-you place the mouse cursor at the center of the screen
-MDBU starts
In this way you can see every pixel of very large images staying withing the monitor borders with the cursor
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Amazing. MDBU got even more amazing! Now I just need to stop accidentally using it on extra large images that would end up crashing my video card...

@Marco
Yeah that pretty much what Loupe is.

Borut

Post by Borut »

admin wrote:

Size for example starting from 10000 x 2400.

I prefer using the MDBU movement type "Touch screen" and that is where I notice this restriction from time to time. When using the "Loupe" movement type this does not appear to be the case, so "Loupe" is now my workaround.

@Marco
Thanks for mentioning "Loupe" movement type!
Win 10 Pro 64bit