Runret and this character: •

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Marco

Runret and this character: •

Post by Marco »

I hope this :bug: is not too nasty.
I have a file named "Test•file.txt" on my desktop. If I run in the AB

Code: Select all

text runret("cmd /c dir");
the dot is still shown as a dot, however it's not the same character, because the original dot is hex 95, while the output from XY is hex 07.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Enternal

Re: Runret and this character: •

Post by Enternal »

Hmm... when I ran it directly through the CMD, I get the same exact character so that's correct. Running it through XYplorer with your command however, it gave me a question mark. So XYplorer is not capturing the output of CMD as is. Seems like a :bug: to me as well.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I made a file in my scripts folder called Test•file.txt (as copied from your post) and ran the text runret("cmd /c dir"); in the AB and my results displayed the dot also as the BEL hex 007. However my system (US with Segoe UI font) doesn't show hex 95 as a dot but as a underscore with the same results in notepad++. Whenever I wanted to use a BEL dot in a script I've been using alt-007 from the numpad. By the way, I assume the character you used in the post is actually hex 95. I ask because when pasted into my notepad++ it displays as "BEL" 007.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is nasty. I can confirm it but not fix it. XY just reports what windows writes to the pipe.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Marco, I can't do anything right now, but try testing it using PowerShell. Hopefully PowerShell can output it correctly through the pipe.

Marco

Post by Marco »

Enternal, brilliant idea! Powershell seems to output properly everything on screen, however runret still shows the wrong character :(
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Run this cmd in a dir with that file

Code: Select all

%comspec% /c dir > list.txt
the output will be written to list.txt and that file also has the swapped hex 07 char, even if the cmd was executed out of XYplorer. That is, unless I used the incorrect bullet in the filename to begin with.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]