Live Filter

Features wanted...
raavellar01

Live Filter

Post by raavellar01 »

It would be nice to have a toolbar item that contained a search field with live filter. A filter that starts to filter the list as the user types the first key stroke.

binocular222

Re: Live Filter

Post by binocular222 »

It's on the road map. http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=830
No estimated time,
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

jjk

Post by jjk »

binocular222 wrote:It's on the road map. http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=830
No estimated time,
Yes, since too long time.
It's yet one of the best features I use all the days in Total Commander.
Let us wait :(

Marco

Post by Marco »

+1

...and...

+1 again!
Was going to post this wish a couple of days. Seriously, I'm done with using VF all the times, I (like others) want the real thing.
Please Don, some code is already there with the bottom-left filter in other lists! :wink:
After all, Germany first match will be on Monday :mrgreen:
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

raavellar01

Post by raavellar01 »

please, please, please, I will pay, donate, $100.00 if you guys can get it done this week. if not enough, what amount? o

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:) NO way, this is a LOT of work. But thanks for the offer.

raavellar01

Post by raavellar01 »

Well how long would it take, i really love this software. I think it is the best, however i really need this feature. it is the feature i use most of the time on Opus, free commander and others.I really do not like the others as much as XYplorer. could i offer an incentive to put it on the fast track?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's planned for this year. But now it's summer. :)

raavellar01

Post by raavellar01 »

Thanks guys, you have made my day. when this feature is initialized, my search for the perfect file manager will be at an end. XYPlorer, will have all the initial elements, at least for me, a person who has been managing files since Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 in 1980. Opps did i just show my age.

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

Ah yes, the TRS-80. It was my introduction to what were then called Micro-computers in 1978. Had only a BASIC interpreter. Nothing else. Those were happy times. (BASIC then was still Dartmouth's acronym and as such was always in all caps.)

First computer class as an undergraduate was in mid 1960's. In the morning we turned in our work on 80 column IBM punch cards to the "Data Center". Then in the afternoon went back to pick up the printout. During that first course never once set eyes on the mainframe.

How times have changed :!:

raavellar01

Post by raavellar01 »

I remember in the late 70s and early 80s, in high school all of the data entry students training for punch cards. They all got pretty good jobs right out of high school. As far as i know, they are all doing different jobs now:-)

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Punched cards... :eh:

Oh man - we were lucky when we could change from paper tape :biggrin: (5 channel :veryconfused: ) to punched cards.

Assume you have a source file of several 1000 lines on paper tape, and have to "edit" it in a manual way! That is: copy on a teletype to the interesting position, stop, exchange source to the modified part, then stop again and rechange to the rest of the source and copy it. Maybe several 10th of minutes. And if you miss the right moment :cry:

This was school ("Ingenieurschule") about 1970. An Assembler named PROSA from Siemens :whistle: (Assembler on paper tape, output the same. The computer had no permanent storage :shock: :shock: )

With punched cards just punch some new, sort them in, ready :ugeek:

edit: typo
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

raavellar01 wrote:at least for me, a person who has been managing files since Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 in 1980. Opps did i just show my age.
I bought a Model I back about that time! Was $800 for the 16K unit, $300 for the Expansion Interface (for the extra RAM slots and floppy drive controller), and $500 for a single sided single density 5 1/4 ' floppy drive! Spent MANY hours on that thing! I knew it VERY well! Still have my listing of the entire TRSDOS disassembled which I then commented by hand as to what every line of code did by figuring it out slowly....
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

I badly needed LiveFiltering the list this night.
So I scripted...
...THE DEAD FILTER!!!

Pretty basic:
-run the script from any method you prefer;
-enter the term(s) you'd like the list to be filtered with;
-watch a new tab listing occurrences.
(Oh, yes... I've read somewhere about a so-called Visual Filter thing, too) :wink:

Enjoy!
Attachments
TheWalkingDeadFilter_PseudoLiveFilter.xys
(749 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

jjk

Post by jjk »

admin wrote:(july 2014) It's planned for this year. But now it's summer. :)
And so, when ??
We are already in autumn 2015.
More, live filter is first on roadmap since early 2014.
And nothing appears.
Yet, it is so handy, I use it al the time in Total Commander.

Sure, SkyFrontier (many thnaks) wrote a very nice script to emulate, but it would be integrated in XY core.

Thanks in advance

In the neantime, I'm so sad :cry: