Layout Management: Saving InfoPanel Status (active tab)

Features wanted...
FluxTorpedoe

Layout Management: Saving InfoPanel Status (active tab)

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi',
Dang!…
Having a hard time keeping up… things are happening muuuuuch too fast for off-liners! 8)
—Though, don't take this as an incentive to slow things down! :mrgreen:

That being said, discovering the new Layout tools (especially the SC), I'm a bit confused that I still can't find an obvious one:
How can we store/access the InfoPanel "active tab" (e.g. "Preview", "Find Files")?
It's too important to have been left out… so what did I miss? :wink:

Anyway, I just can't stop being amazed by XYplorer unmatched pace of development!…
(the only close "amazing one" {development/business model} for me was the Reaper DAW, but there's been a significant slowdown lately…)

Have a nice day, :)
Flux

admin
Site Admin

Re: Layout Management: Saving InfoPanel Status (active tab)

Post by admin »

Isn't really layout to me. The active pane and the active tab also are not stored with the layout.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

admin wrote:Isn't really layout to me.
Hmmm… Literally speaking, dunno…
But practically speaking, when you save a layout —on purpose— with the Info Panel visible, one could think it's not for the sake of a content-less IP, but to store its tab status, no?
In other words, does it feel logical or sensible that if you save a layout with e.g. the IP "Preview" visible, when you open it later, the full layout is restored but the IP displays the "Report" tab? Or if you save a layout with IP "Find Files" visible, the next time you load it, it displays "Version" just because that's the last one you've used?

Well… if I had to take a side, I'd say the previewed picture/video or search parameters are content indeed, but the visibility of their container feels more like a layout feature to me… :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, I'm always open to discussion. But I won't change anything anymore before :ball: nor during :ball: . :mrgreen:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I know we've already discussed layout vs. content in this or another thread, but I suppose it would be the cat's meow if you could have the tab pre-selected in the info panel, active list pane, or inactive pane as part of loadlayout. Scripts for setting up various layouts could get you completely where you want to be without have to use "seltab", "Dual", "goto" or other methods to fine tune the layout. :whistle:
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

admin wrote:Well, I'm always open to discussion. But I won't change anything anymore before :ball: nor during :ball: . :mrgreen:
Well, if by " :ball: " you're talking about the upcoming regional Sauerkraut Fair with its biennial curling demonstration, I totally understand!!!
:twisted:

So, see you after some goals have been reached… :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, after Fred's going for the Oscar and driving the referee into seppuku there can be only one goal now: Show Blatter-Brazil that their attempted c(o)up will fail miserably! :evil:

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

FluxTorpedoe wrote:
admin wrote:Well, I'm always open to discussion. But I won't change anything anymore before :ball: nor during :ball: . :mrgreen:
Well, if by " :ball: " you're talking about the upcoming regional Sauerkraut Fair with its biennial curling demonstration, I totally understand!!!
:twisted:
Hehe - hahahhahaaa - the more often I read it the better it gets. :lol: :biggrin:

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

admin wrote:Well, after Fred's going for the Oscar and driving the referee into seppuku there can be only one goal now: Show Blatter-Brazil that their attempted c(o)up will fail miserably! :evil:
Still-OT: Hmmm, what was it about seppuku? :ninja: :ball: :twisted: