Best dual-pane-only file manager?

What other productivity software are you working with...
tux.

Re: Best dual-pane-only file manager?

Post by tux. »

SkyFrontier wrote:I hate you all, german speakers!
And we hate you!

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

tux. wrote:
SkyFrontier wrote:I hate you all, german speakers!
And we hate you!
GERMAN, please! LOL
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

tux.

Post by tux. »

Penis!

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Apologies to SkyFrontier,
nothing more obnoxious than people who post in Chinese. But hey, this is different, same letters as in English, and everybody gets the gist of German, Sauerkraut and Jagermeister ...
tux. wrote:(Macht nichts. Hab' ich halt einen Dateimanager mehr. Du offenbar auch? :mrgreen: )
Touché - the foolishness of youth - a long long time ago.
Back then, SpeedCommander was among the very few file handlers with built-in ZIP-support. Seamless.
But that's no longer a reason, it's become standard everywhere, ...well almost everywhere (sorry Don, couldn't resist).

You're right about SFTP, though - it's rock-solid and also integrates nicely with the regular views and favorites.

If only the programmer wouldn't be resting on these 2 laurels. I wouldn't buy it a second time.

tux.

Post by tux. »

Personally I'd always prefer a good Whiskey to Jägermeister.

But: People still use ZIP? I thought the race is between 7z and RAR these days.

(I'm not sure if it is resting on laurels. Maybe it's the thing with changes and running systems again.)

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

tux. wrote:But: People still use ZIP? I thought the race is between 7z and RAR these days.
I use zip as a generic term, like band aid or Tesafilm.
Doesn't make a difference to SpeedCommander, anyway. It (un)packs a dozen formats or so. In that respect you're the lucky one. Heck, might even use it myself again, but for that only. It's a shame that you never get the - now get a grip on this word, English speakers - "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau"

tux.

Post by tux. »

... until Don integrates the 7z library. And the SQZ library for maximum SpeedCommander compatibility. :D
And an SFTP mode.

(Yes, x² lacks it too.)

tux.

Post by tux. »

Ah.
Stef123 wrote:Spoiler Alert: Press Ctrl Shift F3 :twisted:
Meintest du F1? :mrgreen:
Das macht den linken Bereich nur sehr, sehr klein, schaltet ihn aber nicht ab. ;)