Cheat Sheet Tutoring

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Stef123

Cheat Sheet Tutoring

Post by Stef123 »

That tiny blue info-icon on many dialogs - is there a tweak to edit those help texts?
To turn them into my personal trainer, to match them to my learning curve? Floating the default text to the bottom, inserting my private cheat sheet on top?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cheat Sheet Tutoring

Post by admin »

Not really, but you can abuse the ITT (Interface Translation Tool) for this. I cannot explain how though because I'm leaving the office now. :P :beer:

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Thanks. Been giving ITT a few quick glances. May not be the most comfortable way of editing the help texts, but good enough to get stuff in there.
admin wrote:... because I'm leaving the office now. :P :beer:
Seems like we have the same weekend schedule. I called it quits at the same time.

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

What's that you say??? A "user-group-contributed-wiki-integrated-into-the-on-board-context-sensitive-help-system?" Dang Don... :veryconfused: You're just too ambitious!
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Started editing with an external editor. Glad you allow comments ";" in that file, makes it fairly easy to come back to favorite places.

To avoid messing up the format:
UTF-16 - is that correct?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep. UTF-16LE. And thanks for buying. :beer: :)

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

You're welcome. Actually, been waiting for an indecisive customer to join me for a multi-user license, but his No came an hour ago. Ramifications are off topic. He loved your admin-ini stuff, but missed the zip-support. There are users out there (graphics and web design) who treat zip as ordinary folders. Uncompressed.

Pay-off: Much faster transfer times. Copy/move a thousand tiny gif-symbols and notification-wavs and what not, and I have to admit, the time difference is significant. Not to mention the ease of use, when you simply mail your folder (zip) or rename/ view its content (thumbnails) like any other folder (all zip-related processing taking place under the hood)

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Stef123 wrote:There are users out there (graphics and web design) who treat zip as ordinary folders. Uncompressed.
Any plans of implementing this, Don?
I used 3rd parties on my fixed systems, but XY on portable mode fails to deal with target files that need to be carried around as some host systems can't receive new software via installment procedures.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...