A better double click selection

Features wanted...
Marco

A better double click selection

Post by Marco »

As Enternal said
Oh! I see. Yeah that will be very useful. I generally gave up trying to code inside XYplorer and just rely on Notepad2-mod. Mainly because I miss the ability to double click a word and Notepad2-mod (and various other programming text editors) will correctly highlight that word only. The text editor in XYplorer is very "stupid" in that regard but that's because of how simple it is. For example:
[+|"VLC Media Player" ] The brackets show the actual content which includes the extra space at the end.
In XYplorer coding, when I double click "Player", it will end up selecting ["Player" ] or selecting VLC will select [+|"VLC ]. It's maddening :evil:
With text editors, selecting "VLC" will get you [VLC] while "Player" will get you [Player] as expected.
Any chance that XY can get smarter in regard? Much like Enternal I'd love to see XY select only a word when I double click on it, and not a bunch of punctuation afterwards too. Mind you, this is not Windows standard behaviour, in which doubleclicking a word selects that word plus all the blank space afterwards.
I'd like to hear opinions from others too.

EDIT: last time an improvement was made about this:

Code: Select all

v11.70.0102 - 2012-10-31 21:06

+ Edit boxes: Now, Ctrl+Del deletes the next word in 
      all Edit controls (but only if there isn't anything selected). 
      Note:
      - In the Address Bar, the Go To dialog, and the Find Files 
        Location DropDown, word delimiters are:
        \:?|
      - Elsewhere (including all rename boxes), word delimiters are:
        .:,; _-~(){}[]<>|/\^°*?!§$%&=+#"'
    % Edit boxes: Selection by double-click algorithm improved. Before, 
      too many characters were selected under certain circumstances.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Marco

Re: A better double click selection

Post by Marco »

up
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No "up" please. I have my system, no worries. This one will be "down" now though because I answered it. Blame the forum soft.

Marco

Post by Marco »

Ok, sorry.