SlideShow [v1.7]

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
FluxTorpedoe

Re: SlideShow [v0.9]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'
Glad to announce a new version much smoother than before!
Read changelog in first post.

But FYI, it all came from a small dumb discovery:
the status opened/closed of the Fullscreen Preview can be retrieved via the Command of the Floating Preview (Fullscreen Preview being in fact a floating preview).
It seems obvious now, but get(#178) just does the trick. :oops:

The one thing I still miss is a "Pause" button. Still trying to figure out a way to do it without resorting to other CKS... (in the meantime, you can press F2 and move the dialog).

Hope it works nicely for you all, 8)
Flux

FluxTorpedoe

Re: SlideShow [v1.0 beta 1]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'

SlideShow is now updated to v1.0 beta 1! (see first post)

With the following main changes:
• Ability to Pause slide show
• Run in Window or FullScreen (separate setting for standard, custom, and alternate/external slide show)

Hope y'all like it!

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

lian00

Re: SlideShow [v1.0 beta 1]

Post by lian00 »

Thanks a lot for this script. Only one options misses for my usage: show random image.
Windows 10 64 bits

FluxTorpedoe

Re: SlideShow [v1.5]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'
lian00 wrote:Thanks a lot for this script. Only one options misses for my usage: show random image.
Cool request… :)
Done!

So here are the main changes of v1.5 (See first post for more info):
— Make a slideshow of your images in random order
— Save your default settings from the (Custom SlideShow) interface —no need to edit the script file anymore. Just run a custom slideshow and prefix your settings with ":" to save them as Default instead as Custom settings.
— Further optimized launching time (for XY > 15.00.0504)

Note: you still need to edit the script header if you have a dedicated picture codec and want the slideshow to display all images (including RAw, etc.).

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

lian00

Post by lian00 »

Hello, I was looking for a program doing this kind of job and thought : "Well, this must be possible via XYplorer". And I found your script : thanks a lot.
Windows 10 64 bits

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi and thanks for your interest!

I have an update (fixing strict code compliance).
I won’t be able to post/answer before the start of middle of next week,
but I’ll be back with more. Stay tuned.

Have a nice and healthy day, 8) :masked:

Flux

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hey Flux, I hope all is well. I know you're not back for a day or two and based on your last entry you are probably aware of the syntax errors with "Syntax checking " on. When using SC get, "#178" must be quoted.

I have plenty of photo folders and they all have saved folder views and have thumbnails caches already built. I noticed in large folders, it seems like it was building the thumbnails in the new Slideshow tab whereas in other cases (with different options) I didn't seem to notice any building of thumbnails. Building image thumbnails in the new Slideshow tab seems unnecessary in situations like mine. So, I experimented changing the settings of the DefaultSlideShowSettings to "2LW" just to see what was happening. It appears that it's the "S" recursion option that's causing the rebuilding of thumbs in the new tab. With a default setting of "2LW", for the same folder it doesn't appear that any thumbnails were being rebuilt in the Slideshow tab.

If what I'm saying is true I suppose I'm all set. It looks like the script checks for the recursion setting and checks if it's a search type tab. Though with the "S" recursion setting, it may be wise to also check if that current folder has any sub folders. If it doesn't, could the recursion be ignored especially since it seems to force the rebuilding of thumbnails even if there are no sub folders? I just hate seeing the rebuilding of thumbnails, so I probably wouldn't use that option.

I really like your idea of saving those settings to the "[INI]" section of the script itself and it's nice that it works with that section is commented out (i.e., SC setkey and getkey ignore that). I should have used something similar in the last script I posted (vTB) instead of what I did.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

FluxTorpedoe

Re: SlideShow [v1.7]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

##################
###   Slideshow v1.7   ###
##################

Hi’

Here’s a new version with the following changes:
 — Strict code compliance (ooch, this one’s from 2017)
 — Now, recursing will never occur if no subfolder exists

So the thumbnails cache won’t be rebuilt — but only if there’s no subfolder. Else, the script still uses the "branch" mode, which is in fact a search.
   So to also prevent thumbnails building in this case, the option from XYplorer itself "Configuration | Thumbnails | Include search results" must be checked.
   (Or the Search view default display can be set to anything but thumbnails.)

———————————————————————————

• DOWNLOADS:
Slideshow.xys
(7.89 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

lian00

Post by lian00 »

Thanks a lot.
Windows 10 64 bits

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks very much FluxTorpedoe. I hadn't noticed these updates until today. :tup: :appl: ClydeCrashCup
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

Lusayalumino

Post by Lusayalumino »

This is fantastic; thanks so much! :tup:
XYPlorer, Great Form -- Awesome Function

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Thanks a lot for the feedback !
Glad you like it. :)

I have a tiny update not worth posting yet (it only ensures correct item selection regardless of focus, kind of a safety belt for unlikely events).

So if any of you has ideas or feature requests, don’t hesitate !

Have a safe and nice day, 8)

Flux

Lusayalumino

Post by Lusayalumino »

Boy, I actually can't think of anything to add. Since we're able to use all the normal built-in image commands (e.g. "B" for background color) -- it makes this too super robust. Thanks for inquiring -- if I think of anything for a wish list I'll reply here. THANKS! :biggrin:
XYPlorer, Great Form -- Awesome Function

jsboudreau

Post by jsboudreau »

USAGE:

• Install the SlideShow script (procedure below)
• Go to a folder that contains images, then
  - Left Click on the SlideShow button, or press your CKS (e.g. Shift+Enter), or
  - Right Click on the SlideShow button and choose "Custom SlideShow", or press your CKS (e.g. Alt+Shift+Enter),
      In the window, enter e.g. 1SLW (i.e. Duration: 1sec, include Subfolders, Loop, play in floating Window),

and...

• Enjoy the show!
& don't hesitate to post your questions, suggestions, comments... 8)
Flux

Hi,

Thanks for making this script. I followed all your instructions and when I choose a folder that has png files in it and run the script I get an info box that pops up on the screen saying no valid images to show. Any idea what would cause this. I'm running the latest version of xyplorer 24.50.0200

I tried running your script one line at a time and I got this message This view is empty. 151 items don't match the current filter. Here is screen grab for reference
SlideShow.png
SlideShow.png (117.1 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
I managed to get it to work somewhat. What I did was the following:

1. I ran your script in step mode.
2. I went through each line one step at at time pressing continue until a new tab was created
3. I continued going through the code one step at a time until the tab that was created got renamed to slideshow
4. I then canceled the script
5. I turned off scripting step mode
6. I clicked on the tab at the top that was called slideshow
7. I ran the script again and this time the slide show ran

UPDATE: I looked at the code and found the problem. I commented out this line here

filter $ImgExt; (Filter to only display images) not sure why this line is giving the error. Please see attached image
SlideShow.png
SlideShow.png (117.1 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
On another note how hard would it be to make the image play back as fast as possible. I would like to be able to play back image sequences. I used the custom slide show and put in the value of 0.1 and it worked but I can't seem to put anything lower than that like 0.01 for example. I know if I hold my right arrow key down while the slideshow is playing it plays back really fast which is what I would like it to do but without having to hold the right arrow key down.

Thanks,
Jason
Attachments
Slideshow2.png
Slideshow2.png (102.4 KiB) Viewed 2124 times
Last edited by jsboudreau on 24 Jun 2023 07:12, edited 2 times in total.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi,

I got this message This view is empty. 151 items don't match the current filter.
I can’t replicate this one…
What is the extension of your image files, is it really "png"?

how hard would it be to make the image play back as fast as possible.
That’s possible indeed!
(Of course the real speed will depend on the size of your images / previews already generated or not)

Find the following line at the end of the script (around line ~166)

Code: Select all

$Part_Timer = ($STG_Timer / 50); // Smaller loop to facilitate Esc detection
And add this line after it:

Code: Select all

$Part_Timer = ($Part_Timer < 1)? 1 : $Part_Timer;

When this is settled, I’ll post a update with this speed fix, and another minor fix.
Tell me how things go.