The Unofficial XYplorer Archive

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Marco

Re: The Unofficial XYplorer Archive

Post by Marco »

j_c_hallgren
:D Thank you! Yeah, this is an addicting place indeed, but I'm not if I should (and want) reduce my time on here!
PS: I was plotting some data and there's an interesting linear trend among the 1k+ posters on here, except for Don that doesn't quite fit within the linear regression. This could be the proof that he is an alien disguised as a man, a Reptilian on Earth, which explains his ability to fix bug at the speed of light!
Senza titolo-1.png
Senza titolo-1.png (17.79 KiB) Viewed 3768 times
Enternal
Ok, I tried it and it works, however after the download XYplorerDL_ETag.txt is empty. Shouldn't it contain the ETag? Clicking the exe again doesn't redownload XY, so I guess the internal logic just check the presence of the ETag file instead of comparing its actual content with the http response?
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Haha something broke with the new build. I will try to see what's going on and will upload a new build later.

EDIT: OK! Found two issues. The empty ETag file was just a variable scope so that was easily fixed. While running the program continuously, I found out that a lot of the downloads were truncated. Surprisingly found out that the HTTP download library that came with PureBasic completely sucked and it's an issue that was report since last year but still have not been fixed. Now I understand why Don prefer to write his own libraries since he can be sure that it works as intended. Anyway, I ended up using wget to do the downloading. This does come with benefits and the first is you do get to see progress of the download and also wget is extremely stable and reliable so at least you won't be as fearful. I really hope this is the last version. To be honest, I don't exactly like programming but I do like making things that help me at least. :lol:

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Marco wrote:j_c_hallgren
:D Thank you! Yeah, this is an addicting place indeed, but I'm not if I should (and want) reduce my time on here!
:veryconfused: Huh? Seems like you missed a word or two in the part that I bolded/italicized cause as is, doesn't quite make sense (at least to me)...in any case, there's NO reason for you to spend any less time here because your contributions have helped us all, ok?
Jacky was a great contributor here but has abandoned us here and we miss him...not sure what happened to him.

BTW, on your chart: If it was scaled the 'normal' way, Don's post count would be a huge spike above the rest of us!
Also: To properly count serendipity's posts, one must also add in his prior nick/ID here of surrender (#21 at 623 posts) which many new folks may not know existed.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Marco

Post by Marco »

j_c_hallgren wrote: :veryconfused: Huh? Seems like you missed a word or two in the part that I bolded/italicized cause as is, doesn't quite make sense (at least to me)...in any case, there's NO reason for you to spend any less time here because your contributions have helped us all, ok?
Don't worry, I didn't make myself clear. Addicting to me has a slightly negative connotation - drugs, tobacco, some RPGs are addicting and you're supposed to not make use of them. Is this place addicting in this way for me? I don't know and I don't care (yet), I'm just happy to stay here with you all :D

Enternal
Thank you, seems to work ok now!
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Gosh darn it! Looking through the code, I accidentally deleted a single line during testing that is important for ETag verification. Restored and recompiled.
I promise it's the last one! :oops:
Attachments
XYplorerDL_1.0.1.zip
XYplorerDL 1.0.1
(454.91 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:PS: I was plotting some data and there's an interesting linear trend among the 1k+ posters on here, except for Don that doesn't quite fit within the linear regression. This could be the proof that he is an alien disguised as a man, a Reptilian on Earth, which explains his ability to fix bug at the speed of light!
:biggrin: You know, I'm a bug myself, I'm just bigger than the other bugs! :twisted: :bug: :mrgreen:

But, well, turns out I'm not big enough to handle success. Read on here: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10276

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Found a peculiar bug that's only found if the ETag file is for some reason modified. Fixed.
Attachments
XYplorerDL_1.0.3.zip
XYplorerDL 1.0.3
(455.28 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Marco

Post by Marco »

Updated first post

Marco

Post by Marco »

997 builds hosted... We're gonna need four digits soon :D

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Marco wrote:997 builds hosted... We're gonna need four digits soon :D
Great Job Marco! :appl:

Marco

Post by Marco »

Actually, SkyFrontier uploaded almost 80% of all the available builds. I just put everything in order :D

Marco

Post by Marco »

1000 builds!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

WOW!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Marco

Post by Marco »

:D :D :D
But I'm not a fan of alcohol, so :cup: :cup: :cup: :om: :om: :om: and
Supreme_pizza.png
Supreme_pizza.png (359.48 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
to whomever made this achievement possible :D

Marco

Post by Marco »

Yesterday I missed 13.10.0135, does anybody have it?