Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
klownboy

Re: Session Manager [v3.0 RC]

Post by klownboy »

Hey Flux, the comment yusef88 made concerning the placement of the user's sessions at the top of the menu versus down at the bottom is a legitimate comment. Most menus are set such that the menu items would be closest to the top since that's what the user is going to click on most often, changing from one session to another. The resetting, saving and options would be better placed at the bottom since those are not accessed as much.

Obviously not a big deal just a thought or backing up someone else's thought. Take a look a Filehero's Layout Manager for example, the user's layouts are at the top and the miscellaneous options below. Thanks again for the great script.
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Amazing, your script took care of some weird tabset problems. Which seems unbelievable since you rely on standard XY tabsets, afaik. Decided to toss out my tabsets completely and go with your script exclusively.

One very minor thing I noticed: It won't restore dual pane if you happen to be in single pane mode. Probably a good thing and maybe even by design? It allows to load one side of the session only and keep the other (hidden) pane untouched.
klownboy wrote: Most menus are set such that the menu items would be closest to the top since that's what the user is going to click on most often, changing from one session to another. The resetting, saving and options would be better placed at the bottom since those are not accessed as much.
I feel this way, too, agreeing with Ken and Yusef.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Stef123 wrote:It won't restore dual pane if you happen to be in single pane mode.
Nope, here it does. You need the layout option(s) to be ON.

Cheers,
Filehero

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Ha, thanks. Makes a lot of sense, really. 8) :appl:

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Okay, I hear you guys! You'll got your "Sessions on top" option in next RC… 8)
---------------------------
Filehero wrote:
Stef123 wrote:It won't restore dual pane if you happen to be in single pane mode.
Nope, here it does. You need the layout option(s) to be ON.
Indeed. :)
Note: If you'd like to always reset to e.g. Single Pane when you switch between sessions, but don't (need to) work with layouts in general, just:
— define your Single Pane layout as the default layout in "Layout Tools" | "Update Default Layout", then
— activate "Options" | "Standard: Always Load Default Layout on Session Change"
:arrow: Now, whatever mess you make with your layout at one point, it will automatically be reset as soon as you load another session!

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v3.0 RC 2]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'

Here comes a second Release Candidate!
Most interesting change is:
— Added a new option "Interface: Display List of Sessions on Top (Instead of Bottom)"

Note: the "About Current Session" entry may seem useless/misplaced here even more than before, but I had to leave it since it's the one that's highlighted when no valid session is loaded (session has been corrupted, mixed, or tabsets manually loaded).
Undocumented note: it also serves as a "Cleaning Tool", i.e. when clicked it cleans orphan entries in the INI in case of corrupted or externally deleted sessions.

As usual, please comment if you feel something needs more polishing/enhancement!

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

############################
### Session Manager v3.0 RC 2 ###
############################

• REQUIREMENTS: XYplorer >= v14.10.0104 :!:
Previous version v2.71 available here

• INSTALLATION » for first-time users:
— Please refer to first post of thread

• UPDATE » for layout users updating from v2.x:
— Please refer to this post

• UPDATE » for all others (i.e. updating from v3.x or not using layouts):
— Overwrite your existing SessionManager.xys with latest version

---------------------------

Session Manager v3.0 Release Candidate 2 - Changelog
+ Added option to display list of sessions on top
* Reordered list of options
* Cosmetic: Removed extra separator line •••• between session list and main menu
Attachments
SessionManager.xys
(81.89 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

:appl: :appl: :appl: THANK YOU.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

It just keeps getting better. Thanks Flux. :appl:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Flux,

to partly cite Dave Mustaine: So Far, So Good...on 3 machines :D

But there's one thing I often notice to happen with the SessionManager Script, for instance when I switch a session from the menu. -> I get an message popup saying "Script terminated by ESC" without having pushed the ESC key. The next run then always works fine. Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks, Filehero

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi & Thanks for the feedback! :)

@Filehero
Weird… I don't even know a way to escape a script with this message from the script itself.
Do you use Session Manager with the mouse or CKS? Does it happen with any session or only some?

Right now, I've no idea where this :bug: interruption could come from, nor how to reproduce it…
If anyone has a tip!… :eh:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

FluxTorpedoe wrote:Do you use Session Manager with the mouse?
This.

Since it's not a major annoyance, I'll wait until Don comments on it, he should know what could cause this.

Cheers,
Filehero

bert.lloyd

Post by bert.lloyd »

Never mind, found the toggle in Options. Sorry for the dumb question.
Thanks to your advice a few pages back, I have a little script to open XYplorer to a specified session:

start C:\[path to XYplorer]\XYplorer.exe /new /script="::global $DYN_InpSess; $DYN_InpSess='MySession'; load 'SessionManager.xys', '_Load';"

This works great but there's one small improvement I want to make - if MySession was active the last time I was using XYplorer, I get a popup window that asks "You're currently using session (with layout): MySession; Are you sure you want to reset it?" and I have to hit "OK" to get rid of the popup. Is there any way to override this?

Thanks,
BL

PS - Session Manager 2.71, XYplorer 14.0, Win 7 Pro 64b. If this is fixed in XY14.5/SM 3 then I guess this would be a good reason to upgrade.

calude

Post by calude »

hi
I would like the Dualpanes state (dual or single) remembered by SM

thank you

Calude

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

It does save layouts (i.e., Dual Pane or Single Pane) just make sure the under menu item Layout Tools the option to Use layouts is checked. You should then see in the main menu an option to Update Session (and Layout...). By the way the same question was asked a little earlier in this thread. http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 95#p113215

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

After updating to 14.80.0002 I get script errors like
SM_script-error.png
SM_script-error.png (12.99 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
Can someone confirm?

I think it's related to

Code: Select all

v14.80.0002 - 2014-12-28 13:26
    + Scripting: Script files now support UNIX (LF) and MAC (CR) line feeds.

Thanks, FH

Damn, I have a cold and my brain feels like it's perma-frosted....