Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
highend

Re: Session Manager [v4.51 ML(5)]

Post by highend »

Code: Select all

regexreplace($a, "(""-""((\r?\n)+|$))+", """-""<crlf>");
Strips empty lines between separators as well
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks highend, that did the trick. :tup:
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi’ & Best wishes to everyone!

@highend
Thanks a lot for the support (as usual!). :)

@klownboy
klownboy wrote:Also I received an error message when I tried to do a Quick Save on a session […] named "C:\" with no quotes. So the in the Rename Tab... entry is: C:\|:home
Ahhh. At least a clear :bug: on my part! ;)
Of course a tab can point to a simple drive too… So obvious that I’d missed it! Fix coming.

And regarding the mysterious separators… still couldn’t find a way to reproduce, so hard to pinpoint the real source.
Strong assumptions towards some old remnants you had left in SessionManager.ini…
Anyway, to keep things on the safe side, I’ll add a stronger "separator cleaner" (kind of what you and highend did) straight at the end of the session list building process.

@enternal
Thanks again for your help, and…
I decided to take the plunge with UTF-16 (LE)!
Hefty release indeed at 268KB… :twisted:
(BTW, dropped UTF-8, too problematic.)
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 04 Jan 2016 16:12, edited 3 times in total.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Session Manager v4.52 ~ Internal release ~

Low profile because of UTF-16 LE:
Though while definitely fixing some issues (on computers with different codepages), it shouldn’t raise new ones hopefully.

Main change apart fixes:
Quick sessions now have better display of path, e.g.

C >
C > Short First Folder
C > Overlong First Fold…
C > … > Short Other Folder
C > … > Overlong Other Fold…
Changelog
! Fixed (potential) multiple separators in session list
! Fixed Quick Session not working when active tab was just a "Drive:"
* Changed Quick Session naming scheme for better readability
* UTF-16 LE for better multilanguage support
+ Started to fill menu "Options | Help" with some… help! (at last, but still preliminary…)
Attachments
SessionManager.xys
(268.23 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 05 Jan 2016 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks Flux v4.52 is looking good. :tup: I was thinking the cause for my extra line may have been in the Quick Save area of the script only because when I did make a Quick Save, it is displayed between those two lines, but as you said, the cause for the extra line could be just about anywhere.

Just a side note Flux and anyone else interested, when you add an icon to a session you use a file input dialog so you are restricted to using an icon file name/path. However, if you would like to use a XY built-in icon you can do that by editing the ini file like so and it does work.

[Dual - Pics and Walls]
Icon=:dp

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Ooops. Sorry I disappeared again. Anyway new version works great! And seems like it works for everyone now! Yaay! Thank you!

But yeah it's quite a hefty size now but that's perfectly OK for such a good script anyways. Also the advantages at this point far outweighs the disadvantages lol. Anyway, this is sweet~

edyyus

Post by edyyus »

Thank FluxTorpedoe, for usefull SessionManager script,

My english not so good, to write more

I edit SessionManager V4.1b, just want to share with admin and other forumer,
edit and add some i want to use, small info like in the picture
SessionManager V4.1b (+Edit)
SessionManager(edit).png (20.44 KiB) Viewed 6803 times

Below edited SessionManager.xys V4.1b, fellfree to try and edit
and for FluxTorpedoe, if like some my edited, fellfree to use or edit to next update
SessionManager.xys
(144.32 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Jut for info, i get massage invalid Character •• to zip(Backup) Xyplorer data
Invalid Chracter to Zip .png
Invalid Chracter to Zip .png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Last edited by edyyus on 16 Jun 2016 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Thank you, but you realize SM's already advanced to ~ v4.51? :ninja:
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hello everyone!

Been a while since I was online… Well, glad to see XYplorer doesn't stop evolving! :)

So there's also a new version of Session Manager incoming of course, ETA in a few days.

———————————————————————————
klownboy wrote:when you add an icon to a session you use a file input dialog so you are restricted to using an icon file name/path. However, if you would like to use a XY built-in icon you can do that by editing the ini file like so and it does work.

[Dual - Pics and Walls]
Icon=:dp
Excellent tip Ken, didn't know about it, thanks a lot! :)

Enternal wrote:But yeah it's quite a hefty size now but that's perfectly OK for such a good script anyways. Also the advantages at this point far outweighs the disadvantages lol. Anyway, this is sweet~
Well, on second thought, I think for the main version I'll revert to the regular (ANSI) version; so I'll add the UTF16 “only” as an extra. Maybe more beneficial to everyone.

edyyus wrote:Thank FluxTorpedoe, for usefull SessionManager script, [...] I edit SessionManager V4.1b, just want to share with admin and other forumer, [...]
Jut for info, i get massage invalid Character •• to zip(Backup) Xyplorer data
Invalid Chracter to Zip .png
Hey, glad to see you tweaked Session Manager to your needs! :)
Regarding the problem with the “••”, it's related to your OS' codepage. As Sammay mentioned, there was a more recent version of SM, so you shouldn't have this problem with the latest UTF16 one. And in any case, you can also replace those symbols in the script itself with more regular ones.

Well, talk to you soon with some more news…

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v5.2]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

#########################
###  Session Manager v5.2  ###
#########################

Hi everyone,
Back online (but only for a very short time)…
Just enough to post this update. Hope you enjoy it! 8)
Flux

---------------------------

• HIGHLIGHTS:
* Cheat Sheet
   Summary of commands and how-to renamed/added in "Options" menu > "Help: Cheat Sheet…"
+++ Quick load dialog
   Sort of a "live filter" for Session Manager: access your sessions even faster by typing part of their name.
   ⏵Assign a keyboard shortcut, e.g. F12, to ::load "SessionManager", "_QuickLoad"; (See Cheat Sheet for details)
   Then press your shortcut and type the first meaningful letter(s) of the session you want to load, e.g. F12 > "w" > will load your session called "my work" ; "vid" will load your "Videos" session, etc.
   Or just press F12 > "Enter" to switch back and forth between your last two sessions
   It’s really snappy, I use it all the time! ;)
+ Real "popping" menus
   No more clicks… ’nuff said!
++ Sessions can now remember if they need to display items: Hidden, System, and Protected (Thanks Don!)
   Works with all sessions (regular and layout), you just need to have "Extras" enabled in menu "Options" > "General: Enable Extras..."
   Very useful, e.g. to automatically show everything (including hidden, system and protected items) for your sessions "System Maintenance", "Software Installation"… while hiding them all for your leisure sessions.

• REQUIREMENTS:
 — Minimum requirements: XYplorer ≥ 17.50.0211 (for real popup menus/show protected)
 — Previous version v4.51 for XYplorer ≥ v15.00.0518 (for User Defined Functions) available here
 — Previous version v3.2 for XYplorer ≥ v14.10.0104 available here
 — Previous version v2.71 available here

• INSTALLATION for first-time users / UPDATE from v2.x:
 — Please refer to first post / this post

• UPDATE » for all users:
 — Overwrite your existing "SessionManager.xys" file with latest version
 — Recommended: Run Session Manager and update your "Default Layout" (and "Default Toolbar" if applicable)

• UPDATE » for non-english users:
 — Download one of the language files and extract it into the same folder as SessionManager.xys (language detection is automatic)
Note (if applicable): Temporary Session and Autosave might appear as regular sessions depending on translation. Just save again/delete obsolete.

• TRANSLATORS:
 — New contributions are more than welcome!
 — please head to the dedicated post on the ML forum for the changelog and latest english language file

• DOWNLOADS:

› Script:
SessionManager.xys
(144.29 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
› Script in UTF-16 LE: (Special version for foreign languages who encounter "invalid character" issues)
SessionManager-UTF16.zip
(33.97 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
› Languages:
Don’t forget to come back here to check when language files are updated…
 — Čeština by Hogatyv5.1/2
 — Dansk by Regmosv5.1/2
 — Italiano by Flora_RMCv5.1/2
 — Português (Brasil) by SkyFrontierComing soon
 — Français by pseudozv4.b1

• CHANGELOG:

Session Manager v5.2 — Updated 2017-03-15
! State of SyncBrowse/Scroll is now (re)activated correctly for matching sessions.
   Note: These states (Panes > Sync Browse / Sync Scroll) are only remembered:
   › for sessions with layout;
   › with layouts enabled (Layout Tools > Use Layouts: ON);
   › if Options > General: Enable Extras…SyncBrowseScroll… is checked.
   When switching to regular sessions, these states are reset to default (the states saved, if any, with your default layout — Layout Tools > Save/Update Default Layout).
* Slightly changed entry Options > General:Enable Extras… by reordering it and adding "Layout" before SyncBrowseScroll

(Note to translators, too minor a change to update now, we’ll wait for next update).

Session Manager v5.1 — Updated 2017-03-11
+++ Quick load dialog (assigned to shortcut): type the first meaningful letter(s) of a session name to open it, or just "Enter" to switch to previous session (Details in Menu "Options" > "Help: Cheat Sheet...").
++ Sessions can now remember visibility status of Hidden/System/Protected files (check menu "Options" > "General: Enable Extras...")
+ Menus "Layout Tools" and "Options" are now real "popup" menus
+ Added new entry "Save Auto-Named Quick Session..." in menu "Options" (previously only accessible via Shift+Click on SM toolbar icon)
* List of commands for quick control of Session Manager are now regrouped in (and renamed as) "Help: Cheat sheet..." in menu "Options"
* Reordered and renamed some entries of menu "Options"
* Quick Sessions: added year to date prefix (yy-mm-dd * instead of mm-dd *), better readability
* Changed suffix of sessions with script from ® to °
- removed saving of elevated state with Extras (too cumbersome)
! Delete dialog displayed wrong text when only two sessions available
! Enhanced strict syntax checking compliance

Session Manager v4.53 — (internal)
++ Sessions now also remember visibility status of Hidden/System files
! On rename of ordered session _with autosave_, ordered position was lost
! On rename of session with icon, icon wasn't reassigned
! On session delete, potential metadata entry (icon) wasn’t deleted from INI
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 19 Mar 2017 21:40, edited 5 times in total.

klownboy

Re: Session Manager [v5.1]

Post by klownboy »

Thanks Flux for another update and for taking the time to incorporate XYplorer's latest and greatest developments. I noticed one very minor nit pick in the options menu - a couple characters that I don't believe belong there (circled). Honestly, I'm not sure if they were there previously. I'm using the standard 5.1 version (not UTF-16LE).
SM_options.jpg
SM_options.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 6082 times
Thanks again.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the feedback!
But as a matter of fact, those signs do belong here…

They serve as reminders that some sessions are associated with scripts (sessions suffixed °) and that some sessions have a specific toolbar (suffixed ¶).

• Rationale:
Executing a script when launching a session can be quite invasive! So I wanted a way to remind the user which session was associated with a script.
Now, if you click, e.g. on your "System Maintenance ° " session, you’re sure to remember and expect it to run an associated script.

Same with layout sessions with a custom toolbar saved. It’s good to know that XYplorer interface didn’t just broke when you loaded e.g. your "Dedicated Photo Tools ¶" session, which display thumbnails in full UI single pane, no Navigation panel, and a toolbar with lots of custom buttons to convert pics, etc.

On second thought, here’s a quick and dirty missing manual entry:

•••   Session Manager Missing Manual – Options > General: Enable Extras…   •••

:idea:  Sessions with associated script (suffixed °) and toolbar (suffixed ¶)  :idea:

• Sessions with script:
 — Open any session (regular or layout session)
 — Associate script with this session:
   › menu Options > Associate Script with Current Session…
— Session will now be suffixed with ° in main menu

• Layout Sessions with toolbar:
:!: Important: First, save the toolbar you’d like to keep as default!
   › menu Layout Tools > Update Default Toolbar
   › Note: You only need to do this once. Then,
 — Open a layout session
 — Modify XYplorer toolbar according to your needs
 — Save toolbar with session:
   › menu Layout Tools > Save Toolbar with Layout of Current Session…

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks Flux for the explanations.

Could you try setting up a session that applies Sync Scroll and Sync Browse (if you don't already have one) and see if it stays effective on your subsequent uses. I've looked at my SessionManager.ini file for a saved (with layout) dual pane session where I use both Sync Scroll and Sync Browse and the setting for both is "1". Yet, those attributes are not applied when I return to the session. I've remade those 2 settings numerous times along with Auto sync select and saved the session with layout, but it's never applied when I return. Just curious if it's working for you or maybe I'm fooled up a different option. Option | General: Enable extras is enabled.
Thanks,
Ken

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@all
Minor update to v5.2, fixing broken activation of Sync Browse / Sync Scroll (when concerned).
See previous post.

@Ken
Indeed, the previous "fix" I used stopped working, thanks for letting me know !
(The Sync Browse and Scroll were still correctly loaded (returning 1), but were not "active").
I’ll spare you the details, but I updated Session Manager accordingly.
I hope there’s no other tiny :bug: lurking around…

xyplorerköln

Post by xyplorerköln »

Wow, this is really cool.