Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v6.60]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Indeed, indeed… :biggrin:
Thank you,
and good luck and good work on XYplorer Next Gen!

Flux / diving out

GUIguy

Grouping sessions...

Post by GUIguy »

I have three sessions (out of about 16) that I want to group together as they are related to one project.

How can I group the listing of these sessions? It would be great to even separate them out with separator bars in the "menu"

Thanks in advance...
GUIguy
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind

Quick, hire a teenager while they still know everything!

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi everyone,

Back online (at least partially).
Hope you’re all doing fine!

@GUIguy
It’s already possible to "group" sessions with a separator, by using a "-" when ordering them:
Session Manager menu > Options > Reorder List of Sessions…

Here’s some (scarce) info about it:
Session Manager [v2.6b1]

☛ Note that it’s possible to only write the name of the sessions you want to order/group. All other "unordered" (unwritten) sessions will be automatically added at the bottom of the list after a separator.

Don’t hesitate if you have any questions.

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome back, Flux! :tup: :party:

GUIguy

Post by GUIguy »

Thanks, Flux...
That "scarce" bit of info was VERY helpful!
GUIguy
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind

Quick, hire a teenager while they still know everything!

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@Don
Thank you! 8)
And, from what I gathered while briefly skimming through the news: keep up the good work — i.e. having fun coding :mrgreen:

@GUIguy
Glad I could help!

oblivion

Post by oblivion »

This has triggered me to have a play with list organisation and the use of separators.

Brilliant! Now why didn't I spot that option ages ago?

(Of course, there will be a short period while I get used to where things are again but that's definitely my problem rather than yours!)

:lol:
-- bests, Tim

...This space unintentionally left blank.

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch for this script! I just started using XYPlorer and was having issues with presets. This made it much simpler, and for those of us who prefer keyboard based navigation, the instructions to quick launch the script via a hotkey make it perfect. Thanks a bunch!

LuckyJim

Post by LuckyJim »

Hi all,
Bit of a noob question but where do I place the Session Manger script?
Original post was to put it in <xyscripts> but I'm guessing it has moved.
Any help much appreciated.

PS I used XYplorer years ago and I would have bought this for the app alone but Session Manager is the icing on the cake.

highend

Post by highend »

<xyscripts> should still be fine
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Is there a way to make it so Sessions Manager does NOT save column layouts per session and instead uses a master/default column settings?

I'd like to configure my Recycle/List/Find columns once and then have them displayed that way across all my sessions/tabsets.

At the moment, if I want all my columns to match across my various sessions, I have to re-configure every session or copy-paste the .ini settings. Having to do this for even one tiny little change is very annoying.

I essentially only want my sessions to remember what tabs go in what panes, none of the column/configuration settings.

Edit
Looks like I had at one point defined a default layout in Session Manager. I'd just been updating my sessions and saving my settings, I hadn't also been updating that default layout. It appears to be working as I had hoped.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi everyone,

Flux here, back and presumably a bit more online this time! :mrgreen:
At least enough to soon (although belatedly) post the latest (june!) update…
And to wish you all a

¡ Happy —& Healthy— New Year !

8)

—————————

@WirlyWirly & @LuckyJim
Thanks for the kind words!
And glad that things worked out.

So, once again, thanks highend for being there and active! :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:tup: :beer: :party:

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v6.70]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

######################
###  Session Manager v6.70  ###
######################

Hi everyone,

Here’s a new version. Some of its highlights:
 — New option to display the name of the current session at the start of XYplorer title bar
      Available in Session Manager menu: Options > General: Display session Name in Titlebar...
      Note: To enable (or disable) this option, XYplorer will need to save its settings and restart. In any case, a confirmation window will pop up, so this will be done only if you press OK.
       Benefit 1: Another way to know which session is currently in use, by just looking at XYplorer titlebar or Windows taskbar
       Benefit 2: If you're using several XYplorer windows, easily differentiate them by their name in Windows taskbar!
      Credits: Thanks to autocart for the brilliant idea!
 — A few fixes

See changelog below for more info.

Have a nice day! 8)
   Flux

———————————————————————————

• DOWNLOADS:   Require XYplorer ≥ 19.90.0106 (previous versions available in Changelog)

› Script:
SessionManager.xys
(185.38 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
› Script in UTF-16 LE: (Special version for foreign languages who encounter "invalid character" issues)
SessionManager-UTF16.zip
(39.69 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
› Languages:
Don’t forget to come back here to check when language files are updated…
Note: All the following files work with Session Manager latest version (untranslated strings will just be displayed in English).
 — Čeština by Hogatyv6.50
 — Dansk by Regmosv6.50
 — Italiano by Flora_RMCv6.70
 — Deutsche by Dean36v6.60
 — Português (Brasil) by SkyFrontier – v5.2
 — Français by pseudoz – v4.b1

• REQUIREMENTS:
 — XYplorer >= 19.90.0106

• INSTALLATION » for first-time users:
 — Please refer to first post

• UPDATE » for all users:
 — Overwrite your existing "SessionManager.xys" file with latest version
 — Recommended if updating from < 5.73: Update your layout sessions and default layout (and default toolbar if applicable)
   ☛ Session Manager > "Layout tools" > "Update Default Layout" + "Update Default Toolbar"
   ☛ For each layout session > "Update Session (and Layout)"

• UPDATE » for non-english users:
 — Also download one of the language files and extract it into the same folder as SessionManager.xys (language detection is automatic)

• CHANGELOG – v6.70:
++ New option to display the name of the current session at the start of XYplorer title bar
      Available in Session Manager menu: Options > General: Display session Name in Titlebar...
      Note: When enabling or disabling this option, XYplorer will autosave its settings and restart (after a prompt)
      Benefit 1: Another way to know which session is currently in use, by just looking at XYplorer titlebar or Windows taskbar
      Benefit 2: If you're using several XYplorer windows, easily differentiate them by their name in Windows taskbar!
* Changed icon of "Reset Session [...]" to an Undo icon instead of a Tabset icon
* Options: Moved the AutoUpdate options below the separator with all other On/Off options
! Trying (but failing) to save new session with existing name of session with icon would still update toolbar icon
! Safeguard against saving new session with existing name would not popup if using name of first session
! Safeguard against renaming session with existing name would not popup if using name of first session

• CHANGELOG – all versions:
Don’t hesitate to browse the exhaustive changelog (with download links to previous versions) here: • Session Manager Changelog •

• TRANSLATORS:
 — New contributions are more than welcome!
 — please head to the dedicated post on the ML forum for the changelog and latest english language file

autocart

Re: Session Manager [v6.70]

Post by autocart »

Hi Flux,

in case you are bored and would like to have a suggestion for another awesome Session Manager feature:
I sometimes have the case that I rename a folder somewhere and then the paths in some tabs in the sessions are broken.
So, I thought, it would be cool if SM would have some kind of path repair feature to fix broken paths in all saved sessions at once.

I don't know if such a feature or script already exists somewhere in XY or in this forum. I did a quick search but could not find anything.
If someone knows about such a thing already existing, that would be cool, of course. Please, tell.

Thx for reading. Kind regards, S.