Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
klownboy

Re: Session Manager [v5.2]

Post by klownboy »

Thanks once again Flux. I tested with a dual pane session with Sync Scroll and Sync Browse activated and all is well (i.e., it was still active when I returned from another session). :tup: :appl:
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

hogaty

Czech translation for Session Manager [v5.1]

Post by hogaty »

CZ Translation file for SessionManager script (v5.1) - 16.3.2017 is available on usual place.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9541&p=127437#p127163

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@Hogaty
Thanks a lot for the translation!
I updated the main post.

@xyplorerköln & @Ken
Thanks for the feedback. 8)

GUIguy

Post by GUIguy »

New user here...

I think Session Manager is the answer to what I've been trying unsuccessfully to do. However, I'm not really sure.

While I have found bits and pieces of a manual and explanations--including the Help and Cheat Sheet-- I'm wondering (hoping!) if there's an actual document that would serve as a manual, explanation of use(s), etc.

Thanks...

Update: 2018-08-29
No longer a new user. And DEFINITELY, this is THE Answer to what I needed! This script ROCKS!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl:
Last edited by GUIguy on 30 Aug 2018 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
GUIguy
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind

Quick, hire a teenager while they still know everything!

Jim-W

Post by Jim-W »

This is a great script, it should be part of XYplorer!

Thanks!

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hello World! 8)

It’s been a while… Glad to see things are still alive and kicking around here —especially XYplorer’s continuous(ly amazing) development! :appl:

@GUIguy
Sorry I wasn’t there to give you a hand with Session Manager—and no, unfortunately, there’s no manual… So I’m glad to hear you found out your way with it! And thank you very much for the feedback !

@Jim-W
Wow, it was your first post —so first, welcome to XY forum!—, and just to deliver such kind words, thanks a lot!  :)

@all
Well, all the more reason for me to wake up a bit, get online, and post the latest version of Session Manager.
It’s coming soon (I’ll start by tidying up the first posts)…

☛ I’ve already compiled the whole changelog, and from now on, it will be accessible here.

Have a nice day,
Flux

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Good to see you're still around Flux! Yep, Session Manager continues to be used on a regular bases (think: multiple times everyday).
And congratulations on your 666th post. LOL :twisted:
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Coool (I didn’t notice)! Thanks for pointing it out! :mrgreen:

❖ Question to all
Call it coder’s remorse, but after updating the first two posts, I changed a few more things, especially in the way the layout menu is laid out. Let’s say that (to keep things simple), it makes more sense in general to have the Update entry before Reset.
So, here’s my question:

• In Session Manager main menu, would it feel ok for you if I switched the first two entries, so it would start with Update then Reset?
(Which would then have a "refresh" icon.)

I think it would be more logical in general, but I know this could be problematic for those who took the habit of clicking on the first entry to reset their current session… I must admit that even if I never Reset via the menu (I just Alt+Click on SM’s button), I once clicked on the wrong one myself while trying it out… Old habits die hard!

Well, if needs be, I’ll post the latest version with the new layout, so it will be easier to judge… Unless I have too many voices against this! ;)

Let me know what you think,
   Flux

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Flux, good to have you back in action on XYplorer and Session Manager. As far as your question concerning the order, no problem for me, do what you think is best. Personally I have the sessions listed on top since they are the menu items acted on most frequently so it's not a big deal. Thanks.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

hogaty

Post by hogaty »

No problem for me. Main menu may start with Update and then Reset.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Flux,

you can change whatever you like as long as you don't break "my" precious SM. :)

Regmos

Post by Regmos »

Hi.

The latest Danish, in the usual place :D
Kind regards
Regmos

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v5.73]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

###########################
###  Session Manager v5.73  ###
###########################

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the feedback. :)
And since there’s no voice against the latest change, here’s the new version. With a few handy features, and mostly fine-tuning.
Hope you enjoy it! 8)
Flux

P.-S.: I’ve updated the first post and its examples to (start to) make things more clear.

———————————————————————————

• HIGHLIGHTS:
++ The toolbar icon of Session Manager now matches the active session icon
   So if you frequently juggle between sessions (and you’ve assigned icons to your main sessions), you’ll always know which one is active.
++ XY's maximized/windowed state is now saved with layout (windowed state is restored on session change)
   I’ve finally figured out a way to (approximately) detect maximized state, so now your "Photo" session can really be full-screen-ultra-maximized in one click!
++ Thumbnails configuration can now be saved with layout (when Options > Extras are enabled)
   Now you can e.g. switch between your "Photos Portfolio" in real format with no caption but a nice border, and your "Incoming Photos" enlarged (Wall of pictures) with caption, etc. That’s cool and very efficient—yep it is, just try it!… ;)
+ Added layout entry to reset layout (of a layout session) to its original saved state without having to reset the whole session
+ Added option Go to tabsets folder
Notes:
+ Clicking on "About" also silently ‘fixes things’ if necessary (e.g. if tabsets have been damaged, etc.)
* Caution: "Update" is now located before "Reset" in the main menu
And there’s more! See just below…

• CHANGELOG:
Don’t hesitate to browse the exhaustive changelog (with download links to previous versions) here: • Session Manager Changelog •

• INSTALLATION » for first-time users:
 — Please refer to first post

• UPDATE » for all users:
 — Overwrite your existing "SessionManager.xys" file with latest version
 — Recommended: Update your layout sessions and default layout (and default toolbar if applicable)
   ☛ Session Manager > "Layout tools" > "Update Default Layout" / "Update Default Toolbar"
   ☛ For each layout session > "Update Session (and Layout)"

• UPDATE » for non-english users:
 — Also download one of the language files and extract it into the same folder as SessionManager.xys (language detection is automatic)
Note (if applicable): "Temporary" and "Autosave" sessions might appear as regular sessions after update, depending on how this strings are translated. Just save again the affected session(s) and delete the obsolete one(s).

• DOWNLOADS:   Require XYplorer ≥ 17.50.0211 (previous versions available in Changelog)

› Script:
SessionManager.xys
(154.39 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
› Script in UTF-16 LE: (Special version for foreign languages who encounter "invalid character" issues)
SessionManager-UTF16.zip
(37.13 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
› Languages:
Don’t forget to come back here to check when language files are updated…
 — Čeština by Hogatyv5.1/2
 — Dansk by Regmosv5.73
 — Italiano by Flora_RMCv5.73
 — Português (Brasil) by SkyFrontierComing soon
 — Français by pseudozv4.b1

• TRANSLATORS:
 — New contributions are more than welcome!
 — please head to the dedicated post on the ML forum for the changelog and latest english language file
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 27 Sep 2018 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

GUIguy

Post by GUIguy »

Options still shows "Help: Session Manager 5.2

How can I tell if I'm running 5.73?
GUIguy
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind

Quick, hire a teenager while they still know everything!

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi’
Well, Options should definitely read "Help: Session Manager 5.73"! So it seems like your previous SessionManager.xys file wasn’t overwritten by the new one. (You can check the scripts folder by entering <xyscripts> in the address bar.)
BTW, you can also confirm running the latest 5.73 version if the first two entries in the menu are Update then Reset, and not the opposite.
Don’t hesitate if you still have issues with the update.