text replacer

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
admin
Site Admin

Re: text replacer

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:
admin wrote:BEACH! 8) The word alone is melting some of the snow here...
there wasn't a single sunny day in the 2 weeks i stayed there, tho. :cry: :evil:
Where was that, Alaska?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

admin wrote:
Muroph wrote:
admin wrote:BEACH! 8) The word alone is melting some of the snow here...
there wasn't a single sunny day in the 2 weeks i stayed there, tho. :cry: :evil:
Where was that, Alaska?
:lol:
well, it wasn't sunny, but it was still freaking hot, even when it was raining.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Tested beta 3.

Weird:
When renaming back

test1 to test2 then again to test1

resulting replace was "test2".
Also, each time I execute it brings Firefox to front of XYplorer, which is NOT the default navigator (I have NONE setup as default navigator!).
Hmmm - once I have NO Internet Explorer installed as default, where your script calls him to operate the .html...?
Can we have a non-html version?
...and what about the simple "point-and-shoot" code to just manually edit the script with search/replace and fire it from a CTB?
-Thank you!
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

SkyFrontier wrote:Tested beta 3.
Weird:
When renaming back
test1 to test2 then again to test1
resulting replace was "test2".
renaming? :?
i tried replacing test1 to test2, then test2 to test1 and it worked.
is this what you were doing?
SkyFrontier wrote:Also, each time I execute it brings Firefox to front of XYplorer, which is NOT the default navigator (I have NONE setup as default navigator!).
Hmmm - once I have NO Internet Explorer installed as default, where your script calls him to operate the .html...?
i use xy's html() script command.
SkyFrontier wrote:Can we have a non-html version?
i tried it before and the input was very akward.
i'll see if i can think of something better.
SkyFrontier wrote:...and what about the simple "point-and-shoot" code to just manually edit the script with search/replace and fire it from a CTB?
favorites are on my list.
maybe they will be ready this week (if i have enough time).
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there Muroph, I realise this script is getting on a bit now but I downloaded it anyway. The Name and Remember sections work but the Search and Replace sections don't. Is there maybe some outdated (is deprecated the correct word?) code in there?

And I would love to be able to customize it to have only Search, Replace and Submit. I've managed to edit the html form code to remove the other components but I don't know where to start with the XY code. And especially if the Search and Replace aren't working then I wouldn't have a clue how to troubleshoot that.

Cheers from De.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Well what a dork I am. I've just figured out it's replacing text in the 'contents' not the 'filename' :oops:

Well in that case it works just fine :lol:

I would, however, love to use it on file/folder names if someone could point me in the right direction for what code to change and what to change it to.

And, as per my first post, I'd like to know what to take out in order to get rid of the excess code (everything that isn't to do with Search, Replace and Submit).

Cheers :D
Windows 10 Pro 22H2