XYplorer Automatic Updater

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
feeks

Re: XYplorer Automatic Updater

Post by feeks »

I am an XYp Noob and running XYp and XYAU in both portable and standard environments and getting a couple of issues

1 constant across the update cycles in both environments the following packages are identified as out of date, go through the update cycle successfully but the update does not appear to implement. I have manually checked the package versions from the web site and they are the latest from the download pages. The packages are:-

Batch New Items
C4
Multi-Item Rename
ReportHTML

The following is a sample of the XYAU output prior to the update request portion of the XYAU update process

Update Batch New Items from v0.01.0000 to v
Update C4 from v0.01.0000 to v
Update Multi-Item Rename from v0.01.0000 to v

[next day]

OK I think I have discovered why ... there appears to be version control string differentials in each of the above scripts ... noting the CJ v0.01.004 entry in CollectItems.xys!

Version control string from CollectItems.xys v0.01.0003 2009.01.27 XY v7.90.0021 CJ v0.01.0004
Version control string from Batch New Items.xys v0.01.0000 2009.01.18 XY v7.80.0032

All of the above scripts are similarly structured, although I don't know enough about XYAU to say that this is the net consequence. Suffice to say that adding a string solves the problem and the update is currently completed albeit to the versions without the last argument :!:

2 I am getting recursion errors in the portable environment but not in the desktop environment.

[addendum] Appended Setting "AllowRecusion" .... happy now!

scrotty

Post by scrotty »

The updater (v0.01.0021) does not install (but does download) versions newer than XYplorer v8.10.0005. I love this script. Its brokenness gives me sorrow!

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Took me a while to answer to that one, all apologies. Better late than never I guess...
feeks wrote:1 constant across the update cycles in both environments the following packages are identified as out of date, go through the update cycle successfully but the update does not appear to implement. I have manually checked the package versions from the web site and they are the latest from the download pages.
Oops... Thanks, you're right, and this should be fixed now -- it was actually due to a little bug in the library, and not the script.
scrotty wrote:The updater (v0.01.0021) does not install (but does download) versions newer than XYplorer v8.10.0005. I love this script. Its brokenness gives me sorrow!
I'll admit that, still using 7.90.0261 myself, I haven't been using it lately, so I just tried and went from 0002 to 0008 without problem. I then "updated" back to the latest official (0000) without problem either. I'll need more information and/or a way to reproduce this to see how I could fix it...
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

feeks

Post by feeks »

Hi Jacky ... just tested the update script and all seem to be fine. Many thanks.

scrotty

Post by scrotty »

Hmm. It's working for me now. Weird. Sorry for the false alarm, jacky.

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

Jacky,

Thanks for updating this script to work with the new setup -- this script is GREAT!

Thanks again!

andy

little titty

Post by little titty »

doesnt work, I get url not found, has the url been changed recently?
Why doesn't everybody have a great user name like mine?

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Sorry, no time to check if your URL is mentioned in this post, Little Titty.
-which one are you currently using?
-try to change it to ...9.00_beta...

Regards,
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

drewkeller

Post by drewkeller »

The domain at http://88.191.26.34/ , which this script uses to determine updates to the Automatic Updater script, appears to be down. If you run the script and it reports an error related to this domain, run the script again but choose Configuration and remove the option to check for updates to the automatic updater script. Then run the script again and it should be able to check for updates without crashing.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

FYI I put the latest version of the script available for download back on top of the first post, so it can be downloaded again. Also, fixed it so that it works again after Don changed a bit the format of changelog somewhat recently.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

Pulinski

Post by Pulinski »

Have been using this script for awhile now. However while the script is working, the script comes up invalid before continuing on.

Any chance for a tidy up on this script, to bring up-to-date with XYPlorer changes?

Thanks

Paul
Paul Kemp
Auckland, New Zealand

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

I feel like someone's shot my dealer and cleaned up the streets - this script stopped working somewhere around the change to XY 10 I think (I'm still on 9.9 and can't upgrade via script).

any chance someone who knows what they're doing with scripting could take a look and update this? It's by far the best way to feed my habbit, I mean update to beta versions of XYplorer ;)

Thanks!

Code: Select all

Error:  	9 (00000009)
Desc:   	Subscript out of range
Dll:    	0
Proc:   	ReadURL

Source: 	XYplorer
XY ver: 	9.90.1115
Date:   	07/07/2011 17:30:00

Code: Select all

Download failed:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=0&sd=d
Reason: 
readurl
$XYAU_page
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=0&sd=d
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That was a bug in 9.90.1115, not in the script. I guess you have to update manually now like everybody else...

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

admin wrote:That was a bug in 9.90.1115, not in the script. I guess you have to update manually now like everybody else...
Does that mean that the bug is fixed in 10.x? I manually updated to 10.00.0000 and the automatic updater script still wouldn't work, so I manually updated to 10.00.0001, and it still doesn't work...

Is a fix coming, or are we just out of luck? (I'm guessing a fix is coming -- Don wouldn't leave something like this broken, right? :) )

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

avsfan wrote:
admin wrote:That was a bug in 9.90.1115, not in the script. I guess you have to update manually now like everybody else...
Does that mean that the bug is fixed in 10.x? I manually updated to 10.00.0000 and the automatic updater script still wouldn't work, so I manually updated to 10.00.0001, and it still doesn't work...

Is a fix coming, or are we just out of luck? (I'm guessing a fix is coming -- Don wouldn't leave something like this broken, right? :) )
You mean you get the ReadURL bug?