TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
fishgod

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by fishgod »

When using the "open"-command to start Teracopy, add the 'w'-parameter so, that the windows-file-association will be taken. (that will obviously execute the application)

Not using it, leads XY to use the PFA before asking windows-file-associations. If there is a PFA that matches .exe-files, the whole script may not work since Teracopy cannot be launched.
Instead of this you also can consider using the "run"-command...

I'am have a PFA at the end of my list that matches "*" and calls to a script instead of directly running the windows-default action.
Operating System: Win10 x64 / Win11 x64 / almost allways newest XY-beta
totally XYscripting-addicted

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

fishgod wrote:When using the "open"-command to start Teracopy, add the 'w'-parameter so, that the windows-file-association will be taken. (that will obviously execute the application)
i never thought of that.
thanks. :)
i'll fix it when i re-post v6.8 (probably tomorrow).
fishgod wrote:Instead of this you also can consider using the "run"-command...
"open" supports portable paths. :wink:
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

i finished the "official" v6.8.

-the custom command lines can be changed using the configure command.
-you can customize the colors of some statusbar messages, also using the configure command.
-now the script will bypass PFA.

i recommend using this script with xyplorer 8.40.0116.
it will run with versions 8.20.0017 to 8.40.0115, but you may need to add extra quotes to the command lines.

EDIT:
I'm not sure whether setting an item to Default (Bold) also focuses it
i've tried using the "default" flag for some items, but i didn't see any difference at all.
it wasn't bold (probably because of window blinds) and it also wasn't auto-focused (i.e. opening the menu and hitting enter didn't do anything).
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator

carmenm

Post by carmenm »

Thanks a lot for that update.

By any chance does anyone know if we can use supercopier with this script? I looked everywhere for command line help but i am not even sure there is one :s

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

carmenm wrote:By any chance does anyone know if we can use supercopier with this script? I looked everywhere for command line help but i am not even sure there is one :s
i've also tried using supercopier before, but it looks like it really doesn't work with command line parameters.
My shared scripts:

carmenm

Post by carmenm »

that s what i thought

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

Muroph wrote:EDIT:
I'm not sure whether setting an item to Default (Bold) also focuses it
i've tried using the "default" flag for some items, but i didn't see any difference at all.
it wasn't bold (probably because of window blinds) and it also wasn't auto-focused (i.e. opening the menu and hitting enter didn't do anything).
That's unfortunate; it sounds like a bug report is in order. I can't find one yet; would you like to file one (as probably a heavy user of this sort of thing :wink:) or shall I?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

nas8e9 wrote:That's unfortunate; it sounds like a bug report is in order. I can't find one yet; would you like to file one (as probably a heavy user of this sort of thing :wink:) or shall I?
it doesn't really matter, but if you leave it for me it might take a while.
i (usually :P ) run a bunch of tests before reporting smth as a bug.
My shared scripts:

swan_x

Post by swan_x »

tanxs for your work!
but any time 'copy to' or 'move to' you can call the script....
it's not possible use teracopy as default copy handler in XY??

or one command for 'customize keyboard shortcuts - scripting'
you can call the script 'teracopy6.8.xys' automatically....

swan_x

Post by swan_x »

ok! i find it!
customize toolbar - new user button - copy&paste the script in 'edit' windows!!
byeeeeeee

Minimax

Post by Minimax »

Thanks for the script Muroph and to all who were involved. :)

kiku

Post by kiku »

Hi,
I would like to implement a tweak to only use an external copy handler (I'm with FastCopy) only if the total size of the files to copy is bigger than 10 Mb for example. Can you please help?

Thanks!

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

kiku wrote:I would like to implement a tweak to only use an external copy handler (I'm with FastCopy) only if the total size of the files to copy is bigger than 10 Mb for example. Can you please help?
it's possible, i think.
but it could make the script very slow when copying folders.

i'll see what i can do, but i don't have much free time to work on the script at the moment.

btw, i also use teracopy only for big operations.
i use ctrl+x/c/v for the shell copy and ctrl+shift+x/c/v for teracopy.
My shared scripts:

kiku

Post by kiku »

Muroph wrote:
kiku wrote:I would like to implement a tweak to only use an external copy handler (I'm with FastCopy) only if the total size of the files to copy is bigger than 10 Mb for example. Can you please help?
it's possible, i think.
but it could make the script very slow when copying folders.

i'll see what i can do, but i don't have much free time to work on the script at the moment.

btw, i also use teracopy only for big operations.
i use ctrl+x/c/v for the shell copy and ctrl+shift+x/c/v for teracopy.
Nice suggestion ;)

Gynsu2000

Post by Gynsu2000 »

Call me a newbie (which I actually am :) ) but can anyone explain me how to make TeraCopy the default copy handler in Xyplorer?
I've downloaded the script, loaded it (a context menu pops up right after) and then ... what? I've tried to check in "customize shortcut" menu but couldn't find teracopy's commands.
Anyone kind enough to make a quick "Use TeraCopy with Xyplorer for dummies"? :)

Thanks!