TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
kotlmg

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by kotlmg »

i am using win 7 64 bit system. i am using teracopy 2.2 and it is not getting integrated with the xyplorer. only default copy handling is tabking place. i have configured the teracopy path using script also. even then tera copy is not getting integrated? is there any workaround?

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

kotlmg wrote:i am using win 7 64 bit system. i am using teracopy 2.2 and it is not getting integrated with the xyplorer. only default copy handling is tabking place. i have configured the teracopy path using script also. even then tera copy is not getting integrated? is there any workaround?
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you expand on what you do and don't see as expected?

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

while copying or moving files tera copy window is not popping up. only default xyplorer copy command is working.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

kotlmg wrote:while copying or moving files tera copy window is not popping up. only default xyplorer copy command is working.
I should have been clearer: I was wondering how you started the copy/move. TeraCopy integration is only possible with the Ctrl+C/X/V keyboard shortcuts, not with drag-and-drop nor through the default menu commands for Move/Copy/Backup To.

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

i am using the catalog to run the teracopy.xys script. it is working with the 32 bit and 64 bit systems. recently i have bough one win7 64 bit dell xys inspiron 7. i have installed teracopy 2.2 on my system. from catalogue, the xyplorer options are popping up, the moment i click the script, but teracopy window is not popping up while copying or moving files.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (58.62 KiB) Viewed 8377 times

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

i am using the catalog to run the teracopy.xys script. it is working with the 32 bit and 64 bit systems. recently i have bough one win7 64 bit dell xys inspiron 7. i have installed teracopy 2.2 on my system. from catalogue, the xyplorer options are popping up, the moment i click the script, but teracopy window is not popping up while copying or moving files.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (58.62 KiB) Viewed 8378 times

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

kotlmg wrote:i am using the catalog to run the teracopy.xys script. it is working with the 32 bit and 64 bit systems. recently i have bough one win7 64 bit dell xys inspiron 7. i have installed teracopy 2.2 on my system. from catalogue, the xyplorer options are popping up, the moment i click the script, but teracopy window is not popping up while copying or moving files.
Three things to check would be:
1. does TeraCopy work at all, e.g. when called from Windows Explorer;
2. is the path to TeraCopy.exe correctly defined (I'm aware you said you checked already) by way of either an explicit path (C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe) or through the %ProgramW6432% variable (instead of the %ProgramFiles% variable, which resolves wrongly when used by a 32-bit app);
3. did you create an empty folder for the script to store its lists in (e.g. scripts\TeraCopy)?

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

1.the teracopy works perfectly with explorer.
2. i have used ProgramW6432% variable instead of the %ProgramFiles% variable and it is working like a charm with xyplorer.

your second tip worked for me. thanks a lot for solving my problem patiently.
i wish you and xyplorer team a very happy and merry christmas.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

kotlmg wrote:your second tip worked for me. thanks a lot for solving my problem patiently.
Good to hear. :)
kotlmg wrote:i wish you and xyplorer team a very happy and merry christmas.
Thank you and the same to you.

Just in case there was confusion: XYplorer is a one-man operation (Don = admin). I'm just a user who's been around a while.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

hey everyone! :mrgreen:
damn, it's been a long, long time since i've been on the forum.

i've changed some things in the script and thought i should share it here.

2 new commands:
-delete: self explanatory. this also removes all tags in the deleted items.
i mainly use this to delete large numbers of small files from USB drives.
-check collected files: use teracopy to check the integrity of the collected files and folders against the contents of the target folder.
this one i often use when burning dvds.
teracopy.xys
TeraCopy Integration v7.2
(40.13 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
OT: maybe i should try getting active in the forum again.
lot's of catching up to do...
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

Muroph wrote:hey everyone! :mrgreen:
Welcome back!
Muroph wrote:i've changed some things in the script and thought i should share it here.

2 new commands:
-delete: self explanatory. this also removes all tags in the deleted items.
i mainly use this to delete large numbers of small files from USB drives.
-check collected files: use teracopy to check the integrity of the collected files and folders against the contents of the target folder.
this one i often use when burning dvds.
Thank you for the update. To be honest, I'd given up using TeraCopy since Custom Copy (a.k.a. XYcopy 2.0) offers both queuing as well as verification, the two things I needed TeraCopy for. TeraCopy's ability to verify targets against sources however, is an interesting use I hadn't discovered previously.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Muroph wrote:hey everyone! :mrgreen:

OT: maybe i should try getting active in the forum again.
Welcome back! Looks like you were gone for about 10 mths...I'd say you have LOTS to catch up on! I have trouble when I'm gone for a couple of days! :lol:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:OT: maybe i should try getting active in the forum again.
Catch up, man! :)

paul0

Post by paul0 »

This script is very useful. :appl:

If you can add some icons before each menu item, it will be more user friendly.

I made minor changes as follow:

Code: Select all

Left file: \teracopy 7.2.xys
Right file: \teracopy 7.2 edited.xys
51c51
< "Cut : cut"
---
> "Cut |:cut : cut "
57c57
< "Copy : copy"
---
> "Copy |:copy : copy"
63c63
< "Paste : paste"
---
> "Paste |:paste : paste"

Please see menu in the attachment.
Attachments
teracopy menu.png
teracopy menu.png (9.4 KiB) Viewed 8104 times
Last edited by paul0 on 31 Mar 2012 04:00, edited 2 times in total.

paul0

Post by paul0 »

Some suggestions:

1. items (files/folders) are copied or moved, the collection should be cleared.

2. take tags files as collections. user can move/copy items from different tags too.