TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
ogroeger

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by ogroeger »

Now i have the perfect setup for my situation. :-)

As you might have suspected, i use the startup.ini feature to work as non-admin.

Code: Select all

[Appdata]
Path=%appdata%\XYplorer
Using that option XYPlorer uses the directory C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Olaf\Anwendungsdaten\XYplorer\ for saving/reading its options which is obviously writable for me. Another effect is that the variable <xydata> points now to that directory. By changing your script in that way that i replaced all occurences of <xypath> (which points to C:\Programme\XYplorer) to <xydata>, the script runs now fine, because it uses %appdata%\XYplorer\tag.dat to read/update. After setting the appropiate UDC everything works fine and very comfortable.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

Updated to v6.2
Get it here

-Fixed a bug that would crash xyplorer when working with too many items
XYplorer always crashes when the recursion stack reaches 390 (bug? :? ).
That means the script whould crash after processing around 380 items.
Now the script uses a "two-stage" loop, sending the item limit as high as 35000.
This can be changed using some settings.

-Configurable statusbar update interval.
You can set the update interval to once every xx items.
This works side by side with the new loop.
The statusbar is updated only when the loop goes back to the first stage.
The 2nd stage processes xx items then restarts the loop, but this can only happen 380-xx times.
You can choose between a high item limit and frequent updates.

-As a side-effect, the sript now works faster.
In v6.1 the statusbar was updated for every single item processed, and that slowed down the script.
Now, with the default setting of 25 items, you get good speed, decent info, and a limit of 8875 items.
The limit is for:
1-The number of items that will be scanned (i.e. selected items on the list when you copy or cut).
2-Number of tagged/commented items that were copied or moved (including those inside folders).

So, what next...
:idea:
Collect items?
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muroph wrote:-Fixed a bug that would crash xyplorer when working with too many items
No, not a bug but a physical limitation of any computer: you cannot recurse infinitely before running out of stack space. :)

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

updated to v6.3
-item limit is gone, thanks to the new "while" loops.
-saves a backup of your tag.dat IF you chose to keep the updated file. (this was actually done in v6.2)
-a bit of cleaning.

requires xyplorer v7.90.145
admin wrote:
Muroph wrote:-Fixed a bug that would crash xyplorer when working with too many items
No, not a bug but a physical limitation of any computer: you cannot recurse infinitely before running out of stack space. :)
well, living and learning, right? :)
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

Updated to v6.4

-collect and paste items
the collection and the normal cut/copy lists don't overwrite each other.
you can also choose what to do with tags/comms when pasting a collection (look at the settings).
-some bug fixes
-some other minor improvements
-lots of code cleaning

for xy v7.90.151
My shared scripts:

carmenm

Post by carmenm »

Is it possible to make so that teracopy is used when dragging files to another tab?
Right it doesnt and it s quite annoying...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

carmenm wrote:Is it possible to make so that teracopy is used when dragging files to another tab?
Right it doesnt and it s quite annoying...
Currently not, but maybe in a future version. Wait for Custom Event Actions (CEA)...

carmenm

Post by carmenm »

i ll wait ;)

One other question, i just found out about the files on clipboard list management, why not use that for teracopy?

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

carmenm wrote:One other question, i just found out about the files on clipboard list management, why not use that for teracopy?
hmmm...
i don't know if that's possible.
besides, i prefer to leave the clipboard alone.
having a second "clipboard" used only for file operations (i.e. the tc script) is a bless to me.
My shared scripts:

carmenm

Post by carmenm »

So what do you use the clipboard for?

feeks

Post by feeks »

I am running XYp and TeraCopy from a USB Portable and had to hack $teracopypath via $teracopypath = <xypath>."\"."..\TeraCopy Portable\TeraCopy.exe" being my first XYp scripting experience I would appreciate some thoughts on this and if there may be a better solution?

feeks

Post by feeks »

As an XYp scripting noob I would like to request/suggest providing the menu permanency/Cancel options be added as a part of the script menu environment

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

feeks wrote:As an XYp scripting noob I would like to request/suggest providing the menu permanency/Cancel options be added as a part of the script menu environment
Not entirely sure what you mean...

feeks

Post by feeks »

admin wrote:
feeks wrote:As an XYp scripting noob I would like to request/suggest providing the menu permanency/Cancel options be added as a part of the script menu environment
Not entirely sure what you mean...
If you load the scripts from the XYp library each script menu is sustained until a Cancel option is performed from the menu, when running the TeraCopy script currently selecting an option closes the menu and requires a script reload in order to get to the next step in the process

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

updated to v6.5

-now the script will use normal copy/move when teracopy isn't found on the path specified in the script settings.
this is an old wish, from last year, i think.
-added support for protable paths on the $teracopypath setting.
carmenm wrote:So what do you use the clipboard for?
lots of images and text, dozens (maybe hundreds) of times a day. :)
feeks wrote:I am running XYp and TeraCopy from a USB Portable and had to hack $teracopypath via $teracopypath = <xypath>."\"."..\TeraCopy Portable\TeraCopy.exe" being my first XYp scripting experience I would appreciate some thoughts on this and if there may be a better solution?
i changed the "run" commands to "open".
now you can just use a "?" as the drive letter in your path to teracopy.exe.
let me know if this causes any problems.
feeks wrote:If you load the scripts from the XYp library each script menu is sustained until a Cancel option is performed from the menu, when running the TeraCopy script currently selecting an option closes the menu and requires a script reload in order to get to the next step in the process
afaik, the menu will close as soon as you click anything outside of it.
keeping a menu open is done by reloading the script after every click (and it's incredibly annoying to me).
but it will still close when clicking something other than the menu.
i believe this is usually done when there are sub-items.
since all possible commands to my script are already in the menu, doing that is pointless.
anyway, i put a cancel button in the new version.

what do you mean by next step? :?
My shared scripts: