TeraCopy Integration

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
TacticVintage

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by TacticVintage »

oh wow thanks god i post at the correct time ;)

i will try the beta version

thx
admin wrote:Don't know about this script, but the current beta version supports TeraCopy without scripting. You can use TeraCopy switches to control rename versus overwrite.

Right now I'm thinking about something like this...

You are lucky that you came to the forum right in the moment when I'm working in this area. Very soon you will get what you need... :)

john2k

Post by john2k »

admin wrote:Don't know about this script, but the current beta version supports TeraCopy without scripting.
I just installed the current beta version. How can I make TeraCopy the default copy/paste program within XYplorer?

I looked all over the place in the settings and did not see TeraCopy mentioned anywhere. The only setting I found that seems like it might be for this is the "External Copy Handlers" section in the "File Operations" area of the Configurations. "Enter One Specification Per Line" is all it says in that area. I'm not sure what to do.

By the way, I just learned about XYplorer while searching for a replacement for Windows Explorer which can enable the use of TeraCopy for copy/paste functions.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

There's a couple of threads in the wishes forum about this new feature, then there's beta version thread which usually has an expanation how to use new features and finally (I haven't checked yet whether it's in there already) the help file.

But you're on the right track. The setting for the external copy handler is the one you're after.
Please check the other threads I mentioned for the syntax of it.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

Donwload latest Beta here: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... start=2820
Then, you can enter something like:
FastCopy|C:\Program files\FastCopy\x32\FastCopy.exe|/auto_close /open_window
TeraCopy|C:\Program files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/Close /open_window
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will update the Help file today...

john2k

Post by john2k »

admin wrote:I will update the Help file today...
If there was a simple checkbox that states "use TeraCopy as default copy/paste program" or something to that effect it would be incredibly useful.

I tried adding "TeraCopy|C:\Program files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/Close /open_window" in the External Copy Handler setting as was recommended above... but it didn't work. I have the latest beta installed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's easy but not that easy because TeraCopy can be present anywhere as portable program. Therefore XYplorer needs two steps from you:
1) You need to tell it where TeraCopy (path to exectuable) is and how you want to use it (switches).
2) You need to tell it that you want to use it now.

You have done step 1). Now for step 2) you need to select TeraCopy as copy handler. This is done in the right-click menu of the Use Custom Copy toolbar button. OK, I now realize that this is not very intuitive. :) I will add something easier to the configuration window...

john2k

Post by john2k »

admin wrote:It's easy but not that easy because TeraCopy can be present anywhere as portable program. Therefore XYplorer needs two steps from you:
1) You need to tell it where TeraCopy (path to exectuable) is and how you want to use it (switches).
2) You need to tell it that you want to use it now.

You have done step 1). Now for step 2) you need to select TeraCopy as copy handler. This is done in the right-click menu of the Use Custom Copy toolbar button. OK, I now realize that this is not very intuitive. :) I will add something easier to the configuration window...
That explanation was enough for me to get it going. Thank you.

I like how you have it set so we can easily switch between copy handlers.

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

i have added the following line in win 7 64 bit

TeraCopy|C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/Close /open_window

and configured the copy handler in dropdown as teracopy and it is perfectly working.

thanks for adding this feature.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Awesome! Thank you Don! The whole integration have been very smooth. It works great! :appl:

kennethfranz

Post by kennethfranz »

This is a great software, especially if you often work with a lot of repetitive data that you need to streamline. I downloaded the software here <link removed by moderator>. I often have problems with it, because something is in conflict with the files of this software and the best way to solve the problem is to reinstall it.

Sammey

Post by Sammey »

TheQwerty wrote: 02 May 2013 17:06
kotlmg wrote:your script is working for the options copy to ->enter path, move to -> enterpath.
thanks a lot. can you please make copyto->browse, moveto-> browse options also function.
Maybe?

Again... please take care with this and if concerned wait for Muroph to respond.
I am using TeraCopy 3.5 and XYplorer 21.30 Pro.

I receive dubious syntax errors when using this script. Several error windows pop up on my screen every time I want to copy something using a keyboard shortcut, however, if I click to continue through the errors, TeraCopy will start and execute a command.

Below are images of the errors as well as the settings for TeraCopy in my version of XYplorer.

XYplorer Settings -> File Operations -> External Copy Handlers Configuration Window

Here are the error windows that pop up when I try Ctrl + X on a random file.

Error Window 1

Error Window 2

Error Window 3 - Main (Lines 1-21)

Rest of log details in 3rd window (lines 20-96), I do not know if it is important:
Error Window 3 Lines 20-40
Error Window 3 Lines 41-61
Error Window 3 Lines 62-82
Error Window 3 Lines 76-96

I do not want to click through the errors every time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Help! Please and thank you in advance.
Last edited by Sammey on 01 Dec 2020 01:24, edited 2 times in total.

highend

Post by highend »

I've took v7.4b4

and fixed (I guess) all syntax problems. Untested!
Teracopy_v7.4b5.xys
(46.42 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

Sammey

Post by Sammey »

highend wrote: 01 Dec 2020 06:24 I've took v7.4b4

and fixed (I guess) all syntax problems. Untested!

Teracopy_v7.4b5.xys
All seems to be working well with this version. Thanks so much!