[XYScript] ChildLauncher: Launch Relative Programs

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
WirlyWirly

Re: [XYScript] ChildLauncher: Launch Relative Programs

Post by WirlyWirly »

noembryo wrote: 22 May 2022 02:30 Haven't checked a lot because its late here, but one thing I noticed is this:
Although my first entries have two 7-zip apps and one ABBYYFinerReader app
0.png
when I try to hide the first 7-zip entry, I get this..
1.png
..which has one 7-zip app and three ABBYYFineReader apps..

Anyway, thanks for the update! :party:
I will check it more thorough tomorrow.. :)
The 1st screenshot is of the main list, where display names get sorted alphabetically. Judging by the clipped off 2nd screenshot, the executables in question all start with different letters, so no they wouldn't appear sequentially in that list.

The 2nd screenshot is of the Hide Applications list, where there is no sorting. The parent-folder sorting you see is actually just the order the search happens to return in, which works well for identifying exactly which application you'll be hiding. That 7zG program must not share the 7-zipPortable folder, so it'll be further down the list in whatever folder it's actually in. If you don't know where then just use the filter box.

You can always rename them to a common prefix, like I did with the Affinity programs in the OP.

noembryo

Post by noembryo »

Oupss!! You're right! :oops:
It was late as I said.. :P

A new day now, a new wish:
When renaming entries, is it possible to start with the original name already typed in the input box?
If not, can you find a way for the text above (Enter the text...) to be selectable, so we can copy the original name?
There are a lot of entries with big names that I would like to avoid retyping.. :whistle:
Check my free programs here..

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Yeah that's a good idea, usually we're just removing or re-casing parts of the name anyways.

It's a simple 1-liner, not really something that warrants an update in the OP.

If you'd like to start using it, I've attached the updated .xys.
Attachments
ChildLauncher.xys
(20.47 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

noembryo

Post by noembryo »

WirlyWirly wrote: 22 May 2022 16:02 If you'd like to start using it, I've attached the updated .xys.
Thank you :appl:

noembryo

Post by noembryo »

WirlyWirly wrote: 22 May 2022 16:02 It's a simple 1-liner, not really something that warrants an update in the OP.
Hmm, since you asked ( :P ), what about grouping entries?
Now, here is something that warrants an update in the OP!! :lol:

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Don't see how that'd be useful. There wouldn't be any clear divider between list items, so you wouldn't know where one starts and another begins. You'd still have to scroll through the list to see different groups, which is much slower than typing a few keys into the filter box.

If you wanted, you can group items by giving them a common prefix 1: LibreOffice , 1: Microsoft Word. You could then filter those group items by typing 1: into the filter box. If you don't care about displaying them in order, give them a common suffix LibreOffice (1). Easy.

noembryo

Post by noembryo »

WirlyWirly wrote: 22 May 2022 23:13 Don't see how that'd be useful. There wouldn't be any clear divider between list items, so you wouldn't know where one starts and another begins. You'd still have to scroll through the list to see different groups, which is much slower than typing a few keys into the filter box.
What I was thinking was, something like a new type of entry that will temporally hide some of the other entries and show them again on execution.
It will have an easy to spot difference from the other entries (like an arrow or something), or it will be shorted first of the simple entries (like the folders).
Its not the shorting that bothers me. Its the number of entries that I have to scroll to find what I want.
There are many apps that I don't remember their names so I can't search for them.
It would be easier if there were groups based on usage (e.g. Multimedia apps, Office, Games, etc.)

What I'm doing to you is exactly the thing a friend of mine did to me when I finished an RSS app I was doing and he ask me the same thing (to add groups).. :twisted:

yogi

Post by yogi »

hello !noembryo i hadn't made the connection ! i took all your apps a long time ago !especially the one for katalib !!! and the renaming !
glad to see you here!

noembryo

Post by noembryo »

yogi wrote: 23 May 2022 12:47 glad to see you here!
Glad to found XYplorer and this nice forum.. :D

yogi

Post by yogi »

this latest version is super cool! I just have one problem, I have all the exe files that appear, and suddenly it's rowing to death!
is there a solution so that it automatically filters certain exe and not others???

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

No