Toolbar Cycle and Management

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
mazot

Re: Toolbar Cycle and Management

Post by mazot »

I have not tested your latest version of your script ,but was forced to say WOW WOW WOW, when I saw your
comprehensive explanation of use, I had never seen before. I did peruse your script and was equally impressed.
The way you have used multi comment for [INI] setting ,the number of new functions used, and your collection
of '$XY_TB_buttons' was impressive. I personally will be looking a lot further at this script for TIPs.
You can understand I have only looked at a quarter of your script.
You must must be very proud of what you have achieved since 2012.
I can only say WOW!!!!!

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Well thank you so much mazot. It's always nice to receive comments especially positive ones. It is really appreciated. I'm not a programmer by any means, but now in retirement, I do enjoy scripting in XYplorer.
Thanks again,
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Ken,

after I understood what caused my problem described here I decided to replace your ExpandableCTB.xys with this one. I have enough toolbar space to merge the former left and right click expansions into one expanded toolbar.

This is a very well-done script ui wise! Thanks a lot. :appl:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thank you very much Filehero. I do hope all is well with you and the family.

mackem

Post by mackem »

Thanks for all your work, klownboy - I love this script.

A quick question - in the latest version of xyplorer is a feature called HoverBox, that I want to add to my toolbar. I can see that adding it to the script is straightforward, but can't find its unique identifier (as in 'panellast', 'lstmgmt' etc). I presume that there is a list somewhere but have no idea where to look. Is it staring me in the face? Huge thanks for any info - mackem

mackem

Post by mackem »

It's ok - found how to do it (by doing what I guess I should have done in the first place, which was to scour the help documentation more thoroughly).

And just in case anyone doesn't know how, when you hold down ctrl and hover over the button, the relevant identifier appears in a hover box.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Sorry I'm late in replying. I'm glad you found what you needed. On the next revision, I'll add Hover Box [hb] to the listing for building a new toolbar and the one for modifying an existing one. I'll check first if there are any other new toolbar buttons since the last rev. Thanks.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Updated the script (ToolbarCycle_v1.04.xys) to include the new toolbar buttons for the menu as well as some others since the last update (like Dark mode, etc.). So now with little effort you change between a normal toolbar and one with your menu bar items. Please read through the notes in the first post.

Keep in mind if you are using a CTB to run this script you should make sure you include that CTB (e.g., CTB25) on all the toolbars you'll be cycling. A UDC is also a good idea for cycling toolbars - probably better.

Once Don is finished with the second toolbar for use as a menu bar this may not be necessary, but then again it can be useful in any case to be able to cycle toolbars along with building new ones and modifying existing ones.

I've included an example Toolbar used as a menu bar here. Change the extensionn from XYS to TXT. As stated in the first post these toolbars are located in the Toolbars folder under <xydata>.
Menu bar.xys
(33 Bytes) Downloaded 86 times
Toolbar as Menu bar.jpg
Toolbar as Menu bar.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
Toolbar normal.jpg
Toolbar normal.jpg (81.93 KiB) Viewed 1809 times

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Updated the existing version 1.04 for the latest toolbar button name changes made in beta v22.80.0104 (e.g., men_1 is now men_edit, added the group menu, All Menus (Group) [{menus_all}], etc.). I didn't bother changing the script revision so if you have already downloaded before today, you may want to re-download.