Filter Age and Size Cycler

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
klownboy

Filter Age and Size Cycler

Post by klownboy »

This script cycles through age global visual filters (i.e., past day. past week, past month, filter off). With a modifier key held down it cycles through the file size global visual filters (i.e., >1 MB, > 10 MB, >100 MB, Filter off). On CTB right click, the script reverses direction.

Often I engage or toggle a visual filter like "age", but it isn't currently set to the filter time or age I actually require. So, I end up having to go back to the toolbar button to change the filter time. With this script you can simply continue to press the toolbar button or a User Defined Command to cycle through a number of different visual filters including getting back to filter off or cleared. The toolbar button icon and tooltip / toolbar name will change to indicate the current filter whether you change the filter by toolbar button or UDC. The heart of the script is mirrored off the "Wall of Pictures" script viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15489 by TheQwerty, but instead of cycling through thumbnail views, we're cycling through visual filters. Thanks.

- If you left click CTB or UDC the script will cycle through the filters starting with day -> week -> month -> filter off. Right clicking the CTB (only - not applicable to a UDC) will reverse that direction. So for example, if you want the "month" age visual filter from the filter cleared state, you only have to right click once instead of left clicking through "day", "week" to arrive at "month". Likewise for "file size" filters with the modifier key held down.

- To set it up, right click white space on the toolbar or control right click any CTB and add a new user button and exit pressing OK. Right click the new CTB and choose "Edit...". In the edit user button dialog, reference the script in both the left and right click action (i.e., load "<xyscripts>\FilterCycleAge&Size.xys";). Don't worry about the name and icon fields, they'll be automatically filled in when you run the script the first time. Copy the provided icons to your <xyicons> folder.

- On first run of the sript, it will obtain the CTB index and save it to the INI section of the script for use when running the script. The CTB button icon and tooltip name will change to indicate the current filter.

- If you use the XY's Global Visual Filter button, the button icon for this script will be temporarily out of sync, but it changes based on current global filter conditions and will quickly come back into sync (in one click).

- Holding control and shift while pressing the toolbar button will bring up XYplorer's GVF dropdown arrow menu.

- I've found this script to be very useful. I hope you do too and thanks for trying.
FilterCycleAge&Size.zip
(147.08 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440