AHK_RunFromEdge - Fast XYplorer Scripts Launcher

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Dario

AHK_RunFromEdge - Fast XYplorer Scripts Launcher

Post by Dario »

"Google Translate" will suffer with me through the next text... :-)
I am not scripter, and It is completely amateur, naive work, created with minimum knowledge, and mostly used method was "trial and error". :-) Solutions for ideas I found on the net, forums, help_file, grandma's recipes for cakes, and arranged in final script. Like outsider, I spent lot of time, playing with it. Probably, content of script has irregularity, but sorry, I am "trumpet" for scripting. It works fine here, on my Win7-laptop, and I use it with great pleasure.

Autohotkey script, or compiled exe, I will call it "RunFromEdge", or short RFE, is "xyplorer_messenger.exe" shortcuts launcher. When RFE launch shortcut, "xyplorer_messenger.exe" sends XYplorer script to XYplorer.These shortcuts should contain XYplorer scripts. (see image 2 - How to add XY script to shortcut ). I use Marco's "xyplorer_messenger.exe" to create shortcuts. Thanks to Marco. Added only two lines similar as Klownboy's version, to avoid long glitch. ( Find more about "xyplorer_messenger" in Forum - Script Exchange section.)

For easier manage, easier Add XYplorer scripts to shortcuts, these shortcuts are renamed. All names contains positions on the edge of XYplorer window, and suffix (abbreviation) for mouse hotkeys. e.g. LEFT_3_RB.lnk (RB = mouse RightButton). It means that XY script will be executed with RightButton on position LEFT_3 on edge of XYplorer Window. Complete 5 Mouse hotkeys and abbreviation used in RFE, you can see on image 2.

How it works:
There are 12 invisible, big, same size positions around the edge of XYplorer window, ( LEFT_1, 2, 3, TOP_1, 2, 3, e.t.c). 3 per every side of XYwindow (See image 1 - red text, red rectangle). If you press and hold CapsLock and Shift buttons together (TIP: Press it like one button, with one finger. Much easier.), this will lock mouse cursor inside XY window, and if you try go out with cursor, you will "catch" edge of XYwindow (cursor became double headed arrow cursor). At that moment, when cursor touch position on edge of XYwindow, you can use one of 5 mouse hotkeys to run shortcut with XYplorer script. It means that you can run 5 scripts on same position. After XY script executed, release keyboard buttons, too.
Above is described, how to RFE works in primary "2 hands mode", with combination keyboard and mouse hotkeys .

There is possibility for use RFE in secondary "1 hand mode", only with mouse. It should be only auxiliary way, how to use RFE. For that purpose, I made small script separated from main RFE script, but works together with RFE. Script is compiled to "LockXY_Window.exe". Script simulate that we hold CapsLock and Shift buttons 1 second by default. This time interval could be increased or decreased in Settings.ini. When "LockXY_Window.exe" executed , we have 1 second (by default), for execution Xyplorer script on edge of XYplorer window. For execution "LockXY_Window.exe", I use XYplorer tweak possibility. Need to find in XYplorer.ini two lines (CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite and CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite_Script) , and change it that should looks like as these lines below.

Code: Select all

CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite=6
CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite_Script=open "D:\RunFromEdge\LockXY_Window.exe"
Now, we can use RFE, only with mouse.

Image 1) shows:
1) Position of XYplorer window related to the screen. It should be near right and bottom screen sides. In this case, popup menus on bottom and right sides will be appear correctly, inside XYplorer window, otherwise menus will be outside XYplorer window.
2) Twelve positions around Edge of XYplorer Window (red text and rectangle).
3) Already added scripts, for fast test in "2 hands mode".
Image_1.jpg
Image_1.jpg (270.34 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Image 2) shows:
1) XYplorer_messenger folder, with xyplorer_messenger.exe and his shortcuts.
2) Abbreviation and full names for 5 Mouse hotkeys, used in shortcut names.
3) How to Add Xyplorer scripts to shortcuts.
(Press WIN+J buttons and go to xyplorer_messenger folder. Press ALT button and Double click on shortcut item, and that will bring Properties window. Add XYplorer script.)
Image_2.jpg
Image_2.jpg (446.21 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Requirements:

- RFE works with Edge of XYplorer window, and for that reason Edge of XYplorer window MUST BE always visible - Don't drag it out of screen, or below TaskBar. When press maximize button, RFE won't allow that edge of XYplorer window go out of screen, as it is usual.
- Position of XYplorer window (whatever size) should be near Right and Bottom screen sides, like on img. 1
- XYplorer window must be active in focus (If RFE wont work. Check first is XYplorer window active in focus. Clik inside XYplorer window.)
- Tested only on Windows 7 SP1

Start with RFE:
1) Put XYplorer window near right and bottom sides of screen, with visible edges. (Img. 1)
2) Extract "RunFromEdge.zip" to D:\ root partition. Main folder must be in D:\ root partiton. (You can extract to whatever you want location, but in this case, you should replace existing xyplorer_messenger.exe shortcuts, with 60 new shortcuts, and give them the same names like replaced shortcuts.).
3) If you don't use Autohotkey program, start RunFromEdge.exe and test it, like described on Image1.
(AHK Source code is inside main folder)
RunFromEdge.zip
(745.22 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

SkyFrontier

Re: AHK_RunFromEdge - Fast XYplorer Scripts Launcher

Post by SkyFrontier »

By passing the eyes by the description (no time to test yet, sorry...),

***HUMONGOUSLY AWESOME!***
(does that word exist? Had to be created, sure, for this...)

Thanks foe sharing!!!
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Dario, very cool idea! I tested it and it worked for me! :tup: :appl: I use autohotkey to accomplish a number of other things myself. I was surprised though that what you had uploaded for all the links (e.g., TOP_1_WU.lnk) were all void of any scripts. There was only "D:\RunFromEdge\xyplorer_messenger\xyplorer_messenger.exe" with no example scripts as you displayed in your Image 1. I figured you would have put some scripts in the links for quick testing and then of course we could change them to suit our own needs. I added a few like #661 up at the middle top border to disable the toolbar for testing.
EDIT: Sorry I noticed afterwards there were scripts in some of the links, not in the ones I happened to look at. :)

I really like the fact that I can continue to hold the capslock & shift down and cycle the link script back and forth like in this case turning the toolbar on and off.

You might want to expand or clarify that you hold down the combination Capslock & Shift buttons until you see the cursor change to the border type cursor and continue to hold them down while you perform the desired mouse click operation.
Edit: Again sorry, you did say that and I missed it. :whistle:

Have you tried any of the AHK techniques that might result in not having the caps lock being actuated after its use in a case? Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I use one that does a decent job, but it's used when you quickly hit the caps lock and another key (e.g., like the "a" key) and then release. In this case you have to hold them down. Actually I think my auto-run on start-up AHK script may be interfering with your script maybe because of my assignment using capslock so I had to turn it off to test your script.

Thanks again, very nice concept and scripts,
Ken

Edit: As a follow-up since I mentioned above that the capslock was sometimes on when I finished using the script. Well that's not entirely true. I found out if I initiate the script by pressing capslock & shift, but don't continue to perform the border operation, it leaves capslock on. If I proceed and perform the border operation with the mouse it works fine. Anyway you could put in a check if the user doesn't proceed on to invoke a link/script then the capslock would be returned to it's original state (e.g., the user decides to abort after pressing capslock & shift or presses capslock & shift moves the cursor to the border and decides to abort or not perform the mouse border operation)? Thanks.
Last edited by klownboy on 19 Aug 2015 20:41, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Dario wrote:I am not scripter ...
:shock: :shock: Incredible. Kills me. And also boosts my own motivation to stick with it. :tup:
Dario wrote: ...found on the net, forums, help_file, grandma's recipes for cakes ...
The one resource I have neglected so far .... cakes seem to hide valuable solutions for jailbreakers and programmers alike. Never underestimate the elderly.

pleiades

Post by pleiades »

Just found this out, amazing work! :tup: :tup: :tup: