[Script] WhiteSpaceCtxMenu

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
klownboy

Re: [Script] WhiteSpaceCtxMenu

Post by klownboy »

CookieMonster wrote: 19 Aug 2019 05:10 What is the white space in any pane called ?
I call it white space and based on the tweak name Don refers to it as "White" space. Though if you're in Dark Mode, you could call it "dark space". Essentially anywhere or any space where the files or folders are not listed (i.e., it even works in the other columns that are not the name column).
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

CookieMonster

Post by CookieMonster »

klownboy wrote: 19 Aug 2019 15:46
CookieMonster wrote: 19 Aug 2019 05:10 What is the white space in any pane called ?
I call it white space and based on the tweak name Don refers to it as "White" space. Though if you're in Dark Mode, you could call it "dark space". Essentially anywhere or any space where the files or folders are not listed (i.e., it even works in the other columns that are not the name column).
I'm trying to find why when I right click on white space, I'm always getting the favorite files list. $dir=<<<FOLDER is not the answer ?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

CookieMonster wrote: 20 Aug 2019 00:59 I'm trying to find why when I right click on white space, I'm always getting the favorite files list. $dir=<<<FOLDER is not the answer ?
It's probably because you have this tweak set to "5" in your XYplorer.ini file?
; Tweak: 0=Edit menu, 1=Folder's shell menu, 2=Favorites, 3=reserved, 4=Tabs, 5=FavFiles, 6=Script
CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite=5
A setting of "5" brings up Favorite Files on a right click on white. Look at your ini file and search for clickonwhite to see what your setting is.

CookieMonster

Post by CookieMonster »

klownboy wrote: 20 Aug 2019 01:10
CookieMonster wrote: 20 Aug 2019 00:59 I'm trying to find why when I right click on white space, I'm always getting the favorite files list. $dir=<<<FOLDER is not the answer ?
It's probably because you have this tweak set to "5" in your XYplorer.ini file?
; Tweak: 0=Edit menu, 1=Folder's shell menu, 2=Favorites, 3=reserved, 4=Tabs, 5=FavFiles, 6=Script
CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite=5
A setting of "5" brings up Favorite Files on a right click on white. Look at your ini file and search for clickonwhite to see what your setting is.
Nope it is set to "6", not "5" ?

highend

Post by highend »

Then fix your script^^
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

The WhiteSpaceCtxMenu script was only meant to be a guide in showing what could be accomplished using a right click on white space depending on the circumstances like what file type is selected or if a folder is selected or if nothing is selected.
CookieMonster wrote: 18 Aug 2019 20:57 I searched this thread twice, I don't think there was a mention if no folder is selected how to modify the menu when clicking on white space ? There is a folder menu but that is strictly when a folder is selected, not when one clicks within white space.
It's all about clicking on white space and what happens depends on what is selected (file type or folder) or not selected.

If you look at the script (near the end), it lists actions that occur if a file is selected if(exists("<selitem>") == 1) {and then breaks down actions depending on the file extension. Next the script checks if you have a folder selected elseif(exists("<selitem>") == 2) {. If a folder is selected, a menu with the selection of Favorite Folders, New folder, and Favorite File menu is shown. Of course you can have whatever you want displayed and you have probably modified the script as I have. If no folder or file is selected (the commands following the else { statement), a modified Favorite Folders menu along with a copy/move menu under it is displayed.