ShadowCats [beta]

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
chumbo

Re: ShadowCats [beta]

Post by chumbo »

No problem at all! I'm just thrilled it exists and works :)

chumbo

Post by chumbo »

One 'issue' I've noticed is that, I have my XY setup so that it shows me the size of folders in the 'Size' column and therefore it updates the folder sizes when....I'm not sure exactly when but, maybe when it detects a change or, dunno.
Anyway, the point is, most times XY doesn't re-calculate folder sizes of it's own will. If want to know because I've made modifications, I hit Shift+F5 on the selected folder(s) to update the size.

In case of these dummy folders, every time I bring it into view, it will start calculating folder sizes (which as we know are zero), and it takes forever so I always interrupt the process or I have that hourglass whirring all the time.
Voilà, not a big issue but since you asked....

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

Wow, this is pretty cool! I think it's the best solution so far for the "Virtual Folders" feature that's been attempted a few times.

Are you planning on/working on a sync option? Since, as you say, this is most likely going to get used for having virtual copies of spare and offline disks, most of the time they're going to have a large number of files and we would only need to do incremental updates to the ShadowCat.

I tried to use the sync function with the 'preview' option to generate a report, and then manipulate the report to decide which files to add/update/delete in the SCat. But it seems that sync specifically doesn't save a report in preview mode.

chumbo

Post by chumbo »

Is it possible to make the default path for the ShadowCats a portable location?
i.e. the Data/ShadowCats of the current running portable install of XYPlorer?
RIght now it's pointing to an older location of a previous install of XYPlorer. Probably because I imported my settings from the previous install to my current.