vTBs or Vertical Toolbars

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
kodyman

Re: vTBs or Vertical Toolbars

Post by kodyman »

Hi Ken. Changed over to v1.04 and haven't noticed any problems.
Not sure if this was in the previous vers but I just realized it. I like when creating a new toolbar I can right-click on one of the button selections in the list and Check All or Uncheck All. With Uncheck All I can start with a "clean slate" and just select the buttons I want. Nice!
Also set up separate left and right click selections as you suggested.

I need to set aside some quiet time to figure out what all I am going to do with vTB. I'm sure everyone has their own favorite scripts. vTB is becoming one of mine. :tup:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi kodyman, it was only recently that I stumbled across that right click feature in the inputselect dialog box...it is handy.

As I mentioned earlier when I get some time I may make a separate toolbar menu script which will immediately bring up all the toolbars for a quick selection and change (i.e., essentially break Tools out of LayCat) which may help quickly changing especially if you have a keyboard assignment.

Did you take advantage of the removal of the Generate/Load/Delete portion of the menu as I mentioned in the v1.04 notes? It may help if you have a very long menu.
Thanks for the comments.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

kodyman

Post by kodyman »

Hi Ken, No I haven't disabled the Generate/Load/Delete buttons yet. I'm still adjusting the way I want my vTB's. So far each hasn't been so long the three extra buttons have been an issue.

I'm also thinking on trying a couple of different things with your script if it's ok. It will only save a click or two and may not be worth it. But with my limited scripting knowledge at least it'll be a learning experience. :lol:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

kodyman wrote:I'm also thinking on trying a couple of different things with your script if it's ok.
Modify to your heart's content. That's the best way to learn - experiment. If it's a good idea let me know and I can do some mods as well or a modified version.
kodyman wrote:It will only save a click or two and may not be worth it. But with my limited scripting knowledge at least it'll be a learning experience.
2-1/2 years ago I had no XY scripting knowledge and absolutely no programming background, and now I'm still a hack but get by. Most of all, I have fun learning and experimenting. :)

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Uploaded version 1.05 of vTB script. This update takes advantage of XYplorer's new capability to detect the modifier key pressed when you click on a menu item. This script is very well suited to use this feature in that now you'll be able to execute both the Left and Right actions of the user CTB's or XY built-in Toolbar buttons. See the first post for more details and to download. Thanks.

kodyman

Post by kodyman »

Thanks for the new version.
Since this uses the new modifier keys am I correct it is for use with Beta 15.80.003 or later?
I usually wait and update when the formal new versions come out so I'm still on 15.80.0000. So should I wait until I update to the next formal new version to try this?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

kodyman wrote:So should I wait until I update to the next formal new version to try this?
Hi kodyman, well that up to you. No one reported any issues with v15.80.0002. Or, if you haven't tried the script you can use the previous version of vTB (v1.04) and make some vTBs that don't take advantage of the modifier keys so when the next major revision is out, you can simply update the script. The same vTBs will still work but then will have the additional modifier capabilities. But yes,I should have noted the beta revision needed. I'll reflect that in the first post. Thanks.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Uploaded a new version of Vertical Toolbars (vTB_v1.06). Please see the first post in this thrread for details. Thanks.

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

vertical toolbars is a novel idea.
excellent for the your efforts.
i liked this idea very much.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Thanks kotlmg, I hope you can get some use out of it.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I wasn't so happy with the wording on the inputselect dialog box so I changed it. I also wanted to reflect that you can drag and drop menu items to reorder them. So you may want to re-download if you have already. Nothing changed technically though. Thanks.

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

vertical toolbars is very useful to me. your zip version has two files. i.e. vTB_v1.06_L&R.xys
vTB_v1.06.xys .
i have assigned one button the code in vTB_v1.06.xys. i got vertical toolbars and able to use them. but i am not able to reorder commands.
i am attaching screenshots for your information.

Even without reordering commands, i am able to get my work done. wonderful code written by you.
Attachments
00263.jpg
00263.jpg (321.01 KiB) Viewed 5056 times

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi kotlmg and thanks for the comments.

I noticed the menu item "Generate new vToolbar" has a question mark for an icon. That's my fault. I had a personal icon assigned there and before I posted I should have substituted an XY built-in icon that everyone has available to them. So on line 235, "Generate new vToolbar|<xyicons>\CustomizeToolbar_on.ico"; of the script change the icon referenced to one of your own or one of XY's built in icons.

The reordering of the menu items has to happen when you are selecting the buttons for your tool bar on that inputselect dialog box. You can do that by drag and drop or by using the control button along with the up and down arrow keys.

Edit: You can also open the text file for your named vToolbar in the <xydata>\vToolbars folder and reorder the entries though be mindful of the commas between entries.
I was thinking previously of adding another menu option which would allow the user to add, delete and reorder menu items, but it so easy to make a new ones it hardly seems worth it.

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

i have changed the 235 line as follows.
"Generate new vToolbar|:sync";
i am attaching screenshot for your reference.
Attachments
00264.jpg
00264.jpg (466.65 KiB) Viewed 5008 times

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Posted version 1.07 of vTB.xys. See the first post in this thread. I hope you try it and get some use out of it. Thanks.
V1.07 includes:
- Provided an option to modify existing toolbars. The existing TBs will be pre-checked with the previous order maintained and will be located at the top of the listing.
- Added option to assign the Vertical Toolbar script to the Right Click on White Space in the List. The really nice thing about that with this type of script is: if you have multiple vTBs you can load them via the menu and whatever vTB is current will be the one loaded on right click on white space. So it ends up being quite easy to change menus displayed via right click on white.
- Added an additional option when you hold a modifier key like control or shift down when you click on the above new Right Click menu item. This option allows you to assign an alternate script to Right Click on White Space in the List. So if you have another script you use regularly you can assign that script via that menu. This will allow you to easily switch between the Vertical Toolbars script and another script of your choice.
- Cleaned up the button name in the inputselect dialog used for selecting buttons to only show description and not include the icon name in brackets.
Once again there are 2 versions of the script included in the compressed file.