unzip/unrar automatically

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
manmeetbhangu

unzip/unrar automatically

Post by manmeetbhangu »

Hi guys

I am a new-bie at xyplorer.

What I want to do is : Whenever I download something, that is zipped or in rar format, xyplorer should automatically unzip or unrar it as soon as it is downloaded.

If anyone else has already implemented, can you share or can you show me the direction on how this could be achieved using script or something else in xy.

Thanks

highend

Re: unzip/unrar automatically

Post by highend »

Not possible through XY. Scripts can't be invoked by events.

Option: Get a file / folder monitor (real-time) software that let's you configure an application with parameters (so you can use e.g. winrar) to extract new files in one / multiple watched folders
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

zer0

Post by zer0 »

If you use JDownloader download manager, it has an extension built-in that would automatically unpack your archives. If that doesn't help you, sorry.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

manmeetbhangu

Post by manmeetbhangu »

highend wrote:Not possible through XY. Scripts can't be invoked by events.

Option: Get a file / folder monitor (real-time) software that let's you configure an application with parameters (so you can use e.g. winrar) to extract new files in one / multiple watched folders
Thank you a lot for your suggestion.

PS: Sorry, I was not able to reply earlier. Seems like I forgot to check "notify me when a reply is posted" option. So didn't know you replied.

manmeetbhangu

Post by manmeetbhangu »

zer0 wrote:If you use JDownloader download manager, it has an extension built-in that would automatically unpack your archives. If that doesn't help you, sorry.
Thank you a lot for your suggestion. I will try JDownloader. I normally use Internet Download Manager

PS: Sorry, I was not able to reply earlier. Seems like I forgot to check "notify me when a reply is posted" option. So didn't know you replied.