XYSkinner [DEPRECATED]

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
bdeshi

Re: XYSkinner [DEPRECATED]

Post by bdeshi »

uh, well, I'm kind of too busy nowadays to update this, sorry.
I'll try to update the skins tomorrow... unless someone lends a hand some pixels... ? :whistle:
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Well, two "tomorrows" have gone by, so an explanation is due: some icons changed places in the recent revision of XY's skin resource, and some were removed. I'll have to find matching icons for each custom set, and more pixelly stuff. Be patient. update: forget it. :cry:

On a relevant note: For XYSkinner v2, anybody opposed to moving to C# (.NET dependency) ?
[ this user is asleep ]

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Hi Sammy,
I only recently learned about XYSkinner... At the very beginning of the first post you mentioned that it's a version behind XYplorer... Does the mean that if I'm running xy v16x I shouldn't try to use xyskinner? (I haven't read all of the thread, and don't want to get all excited if the tool is unusable anyway).

From time to time (as time allows) I can probably donate some pixels.

Also, I put a new post on the "Wishes" sub called, "Skin please." If folks want they can reply to that and help encourage Don to make xyplorer more skinner-friendly. (I don't know whether this is even something on his drawing board).
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Recently (in some 15.80/15.70 beta) Don added some new icons to the master skin, changing it's dimension, also moved some graphics around. It's boring work to keep up with the changes.
Does the mean that if I'm running xy v16x I shouldn't try to use xyskinner?
At this point, you're better off using resource hacker to manually update the master skin. The main "selling point" of XYSkinner was that it could manage multiple skins and automate the resource update process. But it's core mechanism now clearly appears to be flawed.
You could download the [outdated] template, plus your favorite community-made skin, and update them to match current master layout.

Anyways, now you can't download XYSkinner! :twisted:
From time to time (as time allows) I can probably donate some pixels.
:D Appreciate it, I'm sure many will like a few skins updated to match current XY version. But please don't waste much of your time trying to revitalize a dead defunct obsolete lifeless project.
[ this user is asleep ]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SammaySarkar wrote:Recently (in some 15.80/15.70 beta) Don added some new icons to the master skin, changing it's dimension, also moved some graphics around. It's boring work to keep up with the changes.
Yes. I need this freedom. Therefore I will not provide any skinning myself, or expose an interface. Would take too much time to keep it uptodate.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Oh no, I'm not asking you to stop developing XY. This project just wasn't compatible.

But we'll find a way... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[ this user is asleep ]

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

I know the XYskinner script is abandoned for now and no longer available for download, but I have updated the "flat" series toolbar graphics to the 580x500 pixel size used by XYplorer ver 16 (~ 15.80), and I thought I would post them for anyone who still has and is using the script or is interested in using ResHacker directly to update the toolbar graphics.
sample.png
sample.png (60.25 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Attachments
flat-XY-toolbar.zip
(1022.7 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Appreciate the contribution. :tup: Sorry I couldn't continue with this.
[ this user is asleep ]

sfwood

Post by sfwood »

SammaySarkar wrote:Appreciate the contribution. :tup: Sorry I couldn't continue with this.
As far as I'm concerned the script still works fine :), and it's no big deal to use ResHacker even if it didn't. Too bad there aren't more users interested in it, but I get it. Anyway, I just updated the images for my own use and figured I might as well share. Thanks for your efforts.