get a second opinion on suspicious files!
This script gets VirusTotal reports for selected files and displays them in a nice-ish html table, with some bells and whistles. Features:
• as stated, gets VirusTotal reports on files.
• Results can be sorted and filtered (thanks to list.js and TheQwerty)
• Only Filename is visible initially. Fullpath is shown as tooltip.
• Links to VirusTotal's report page on that file.
• If File does not exist in VirusTotal Database, then links to VT homepage instead. (so that user might upload the file a little bit easily)
• Selection is limited so that XYplorer doesn't freeze for eternity while downloading too many urls
• Links open in new IE window, so that the report stays visible.
*) links open in new IE windows, to open them inside the scripted dialog, open the code and remove relevant target="_blank" (commented in code) .
*) don't select files larger than
*) extracting an archive's contents might give better results than selecting the archive itself.
if you want a feature, if there are any mistakes, or if any problem occurs, or if you have any pointers, by all means, please let me know!
Current Version: [/size]
highend has written an alternative workaround for the script-breaking "URL empty" error. Download here.changes wrote:* fixed "URL empty" error
* warn about archived files
* all syntax warnings should be gone now.
No anti-malware programs are perfect! Always be careful when dealing with suspicious files!