XYstylEZ - Visual Themes for your XYplorer, made easy

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
SkyFrontier

Re: XYstylEZ - Visual Themes for your XYplorer, made easy

Post by SkyFrontier »

Interesting finding:

Code: Select all

load readfile("<curitem>"), , s;
-produces the Windows-reporting-error-twice (XYplorer stopped working...) when executing a theme with a structure like

$iniTRGT = "<xydata>\<xyini>";
   setkey "10604526", "clrLineNumBack", "General", "$iniTRGT";
   #190; //restart without saving
while if the content of a source file is just

#190; //restart without saving
, doesn't.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

You know a lot more about this stuff than I do and I'm not sure what you're experimenting on, but why are you using readfile along with the load command especially when you're reading the entire file and not a designated number of bytes (i.e., can't you simply use load SC provided the current item is a script file)? What would be the difference in this case?

By the way, I just ran the load command line from AB on a script with the contents you have above with no failures or errors on re-start! So what's up with that? :?:
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

klownboy wrote:By the way, I just ran the load command line from AB on a script with the contents you have above with no failures or errors on re-start! So what's up with that? :?:
I don't know. That's what's bugging me. As I don't know what's happening, I don't know which circumstances will lead another person to bump on this. Worse, he/she could blame XY while it seems to be a Windows issue, reacting to a certain XY feature. That's why I disabled auto-restart to apply colors in v2 themes. v1 (like yours/binocular's/Random's) themes do not trigger the issue. But then I had this experience today which left me intrigued.

I'm loadreadfiling as load() only supports .xys while I'm keeping everything under plain .txt-extension plain text files.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

SkyFrontier wrote:I'm loadreadfiling as load() only supports .xys while I'm keeping everything under plain .txt-extension plain text files.
To the best of my knowledge, Load supports all extensions, but will only try adding '.xys' if no other extension is specified (I think it's really if no period is present).

There's some gotchas though... Given the files:
C:\test
C:\test.xys
C:\test.lib
C:\test.lib.xys

Load 'C:\test'; // loads C:\test.xys
Load 'C:\test.lib'; // loads C:\test.lib

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

No time to check at the moment, but would using "f" for file instead of an "s" for script (for the load resource) make a difference in this case?

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

'f' wont do as readfile converts the file into a variable/script, Ken.
TheQwerty is right, load() behaves erratically when it comes to handling extensions.

-strange: the problem doesn't happen if I turn extension into .xys and use proper load (<curitem>) on those files. Nor if I use other extension than "xys" along with readfile(). In this case, at least, I know what's going on, finally: load()+readfile() won't play nicely on .xys files.
I'm wrong - it happened again, even on the same .txt test files.

-Can I have a word to describe something which is random by nature, but you can have
some control over it with proper mechanisms in the process of having interaction with it?
Like girlfriends. Or the internet. Or what the US govt. insists doing with the world.

Not tyranny. Nor N\S/I. Nor petismo.

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

klownboy wrote:Hey SkyFrontier,
I'm glad you like the silly icons. I was thinking I may further tweak the code such that when you save as a theme, you will be able to associate the theme with the current theme icon (as you can now - when saving as the same theme) or save the theme with any icon you choose from the theme icon folder instead of just the default theme icon. Fiddling with existing ones and making new icons is quite easy with Greenfish Icon Editor Pro 3.31 (open source freeware).
Thanks for the tip - downloaded, will play asap. And yes, your improvements sound great!
klownboy wrote: Do you have a permanent variable called "$p_theme" being saved as the current theme?
No "$p_theme" variable found here on reloading - but found the culprit: remember permanent vars was off. Now it's ok, thanks for the tip!
klownboy wrote:No, my only point about themes in general was the "Need for Speed" when changing themes, at least as fast as possible, since most people wouldn't want to bother changing themes unless it was very quick and without further user intervention after the theme selection. If you are using tools like your creation tools obviously that's a different story. The more attributes we can tweak the better as long as the speed isn't affected.
Hmmmm... Generally speaking, my heavy routines take twice the (re)loading time of XYplorer, which means 1.5-2 seconds. That used to be quick, last time I checked. :mrgreen:
I guess that's good, as until the arrive of themes we had to tweak several values, bla, bla, bla, to have the same effect, without the (or with the latent, better!) capability of saving those themes other than by swapping inis (since 2009 until now I had 2 themes: <xyini>_white, <xyini>_black, my default - but changes done in one required reflecting in the other manually = pain...).
klownboy wrote:Don always has so much on his plate between the continual updates and forum wishes etc., but theme capability would be a nice built-in addition to XY and it would go hand in hand with the "user.ini" request. Theme changing would probably be faster than we can do it. It would certainly look good on his XY Features web page as far as drawing in new customers.
Faster swapping doesn't bother me as I can take the 1.5 sec wait what?, once in a day? :biggrin:
...but lacking of a real time preview isn't good. I'm teaming up with Sammay to exactly fix that point, but as you said, it would be far from ideal.
But... BETTER THAN NOTHING! :wink:
I agree - it's always a pleasure to stare at a good-looking girl just to have her smiling...
Sorry for such late reply for this one - had to do some other prio stuff, but after all it took me less time than what I actually expected.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

SkyFrontier, I was glad to hear you solved the issue of the current theme not being flagged (i.e., your permanent variables were not being saved).

I since noticed an issue in my theme script version, when the theme which is currently in use (and flagged as current) is reloaded the script failed. Which is not something you would normally do, but I wanted to have it work right in any case. So I've uploaded a minor change as well as updates to the themes and theme icons. This version is also back with the ASCII character "017" which is shown on my earlier post with the screen capture (to the right of Snow Storm theme). If it doesn't display (i.e., to flag the current theme) then you can change the character to a space and standard asterisk in only 3 places in the script.
theme.zip
(34.08 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Thanks,
Ken

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Guys, I'm speechless.
User SammaySarkar made this:
reference.png
reference.png (119.83 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
It's WONDERFUL, Sammay!

Lacking time these days, but will give it some prio on my 2-weeks schedule to get it integrated into XYstylEZ.

Awesome. Awesome.

:appl:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

That preview looks really great and very promising...can't wait.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Thanks! :D
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Marco

Post by Marco »

SkyFrontier wrote:Guys, I'm speechless.
User SammaySarkar made this:
reference.png
It's WONDERFUL, Sammay!

Lacking time these days, but will give it some prio on my 2-weeks schedule to get it integrated into XYstylEZ.

Awesome. Awesome.

:appl:
Is that pure html that previews how a theme will look like?
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

HTML over a .png transparency frame, Marco.

Marco

Post by Marco »

So the png provides the icons and the toolbars, and the html code gives the areas colors and the colored text?
Yep, absolutely awesome, SammaySarkar you have all my compliments!!!
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Complements received with full gratitude! :biggrin:
But the project is still evolving!
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]