[AHK] redirecting Windows Explorer to XY

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Norn

Re: [AHK] redirecting Windows Explorer to XY

Post by Norn »

:tup:
Win10, Win11 @100% 2560x1440 22H2

autocart

Post by autocart »

WirlyWirly wrote: 16 Apr 2022 02:47 Also, @autocart, thanks a bunch for this script! I've been using it for months with no issues. If I had to make a suggestion it would be to standardize the .ahk filename going forward. Having the version number in the docstring is standard, regular changes to the filename break scripts such as this little toolbar script. Not a big deal and an easy fix for the end user, but just thought I'd mention it.

Keeping a .log file for the version info and other stuff might be useful too. With syntax highlighting it's easy to tell where comments end, but for people who don't use such an editor big blocks of comments can make it difficult to navigate.
Hi WirlyWirly,
Thank you for your commendation and also your feedback confirming that it runs ok.

Regarding your suggestion about the version numbering:
First of all, thank you for that too. If with docstring you mean the first multi-line comment at the beginning of the code, then the version information is there already too.

I hope you will be able to forgive me, but I still want to keep it in the file name, though, as well, because it just makes more sense to me to be able to differentiate different versions at one glance, for example for archiving purposes, also when I still continue to offer older versions as download.
As you mentioned, it is extremely easy for a user to download and then just change the file name, possibly after copying it first for archiving.

Regarding a .log file, I am not familiar with that. Sorry, I am not a professional programmer and not that sophisticated.

So, in summary, sorry, but I think I will not apply these suggestions. Hope you are not too upset or hurt. It is just to complicated for me.
I am still glad you shared them with me. Hope you are still too.
Regards

Norn

Post by Norn »

For "Minimize to tray" checked, this worked.

Code: Select all

Run, D:\Tools\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe /feed='::#1029'
              sleep, 5000
              Run, D:\Tools\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe /feed='::#1029'
              WinWait, ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC,,15
XYStarup.png
XYStarup.png (3.56 KiB) Viewed 420 times
redirectWE.png
redirectWE.png (33.8 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Win10, Win11 @100% 2560x1440 22H2