[AHK] redirecting Windows Explorer to XY

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
1024mb

Re: [AHK] redirecting win explorer windows to XY

Post by 1024mb »

autocart wrote: 30 Apr 2020 03:55
1024mb wrote: 30 Apr 2020 03:35Now that you solved all the problems I want to request something.
LOL :biggrin: :biggrin: That made me laugh. I am at least glad that it works now. :D
1024mb wrote: 30 Apr 2020 03:35As the script includes user customization it would be great if you could use #include to embed external files so we could have our configuration in something like user_config.txt. I've already tested this and it works well.

It should look like:

Code: Select all

#Include user_config.txt
Thank you again! :beer:
I really like this idea. Simple, effective and efficient. I want to do it but not sure when I'll have time again. The next days could be busy with other things... let's see. Thanks for the idea and for testing. :beer:
Thank you! hopefully one day it is implemented :mrgreen:

Keagel

Post by Keagel »

autocart wrote: 29 Apr 2020 16:35
Keagel wrote: 29 Apr 2020 15:29 This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
May I suggest adding the possibility to set the Windows Explorer window off-screen and letting Windows save its position so that it doesn't appear at all when opened?
Hi Keagel,

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad that you find it useful. :D

Regarding your suggestion, interesting idea.
Two things come to my mind about that right now:
1) How do I let Windows save the WE windows position? I don't know. :veryconfused: :?:
2) Even if that could work, I find it quite dangerous. What if something goes wrong and the WE window is stuck off screen. Would be quite hard to debug and might have also other unwanted side effects. :? Since I guess that it is no real problem for most users if the original WE window visually pops up for a short moment, I think I would rather like to leave it like that. If it is a big problem for you, I might consider adding it to the list and maybe implementing it as a user option in the future (with low priority on the to-do list, unless you could convince me of it's importance). Please, let me know if it should be a very important problem for you. :ninja:
1) I'm pretty sure Windows automatically saves the window position when closed. In fact, this has happened to me in the past when working with multiple screens: closing Explorer while in dual screen then unplugging the other screen and opening Explorer again results in the window being outside the screen.
2) Those are good points. To be honest if I find myself really needing that, I'll be adding it as it can be done in only a few lines, so don't worry!

autocart

Post by autocart »

Ok, cool. Thx for understanding. Good luck with coding.

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

autocart wrote: 01 May 2020 15:44 New Update in 1st post.
Version 4.0
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10671
I was losing my mind as to why the script was redirecting the paths matching the regex instead of the other way around and then I noticed that now this is enabled:

vKeepOrRedirect_matchingWEPaths := "Redirect"
:lol:

Thanks for the new release! :tup:

Dustydog

Re: [AHK] redirecting Windows Explorer to XY

Post by Dustydog »

Thank you, for the third time, for all your work and your recent updates. This is a very nice script. :appl:

You liked my little AHK for opening the 64-bit context menu on Win Right-Click. Win key is a little finicky, so it has to be done this way:

;***XYPlorer***
;Shows 64-bit context menu on Win-Right Click from within XY.
#IfWinActive ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC
*<#RButton::
Send {RCtrl Down}
Send {AppsKey Down}
return
*<#RButton up::
Send {AppsKey Up}
Send {RCtrl Up}
return
#IfWinActive
I've been using your script for awhile now - you made some very useful changes. Kudos man - I hope you work in professional development, if so somebody is lucky to have you - listening to users that way, politely, and with humor, then implementing useful suggestions or explaining concerns with others - this is so important. Don does that. If you don't work in development, that's still a great skill and attitude.

I'm extremely glad you feel that your work is appreciated. I wish more people using XY knew about this. I know you feel like your code per se is a bit sloppy, but the way it works certainly isn't, and I like the way you did your user exceptions, after listening to the suggestion, and all the options therein. Sweet stuff. And thank you for the options in the taskbar icon. I also like, very much, your adding ctrl-y to redirect manually; it makes the possibility of including things, rather than excluding, with the regex option much more interesting.

Of your brainstorming, the single idea I liked best was being able to open an explorer window with a hotkey from whatever location one happens to be in within XY. There is, of course, the "Open" command for folders, but using the same key that redirects to XY as a toggle I find very appealing. But as is, you're at a very nice point - it works, and elegantly.

autocart

Post by autocart »

1024mb, Dustydog,

You are both very welcome (as is everyone else). I am really glad, that some people like what I do. :biggrin:
Also, thanks, Dustydog, for your script. And for your kind words. :D

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

thanks a lot for the script.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Hello kotlmg,

and welcome to this thread. :wink:
Regarding the script, glad to read of yet another voice who finds it useful.

Funny that I had abandoned this script for years. It was my very first idea for a real script to share in connection to XY. I am actually surprised, that no one else had thought about this before or had taken the idea and improved it him/herself over all these years.

Now that also I have rediscovered it I find it quite useful myself, am shocked that I had kind of forgotten about it and am amazed of what a genius I was years ago. :mrgreen: Well, not such a genius since I had stopped using it in between ...

kotlmg

Post by kotlmg »

tried new version. it is working perfectly.
excellent.

gb007

Post by gb007 »

hello, i got a problem with this script, with a network shortcut.
i got a shortcut on my desktop, \\192.168.12.12
when i click it, i got a file:\\192.168.12.12 in xyplorer

autocart

Post by autocart »

yes, that's what the user configuration is there for... you must adjust it to your needs

gb007

Post by gb007 »

i added 192.168.12.12 to the configuration file
but this what i have in xyplorer file:\\192.168.12.12, i have an error message : location is currently unavailable
i want \\192.168.12.12
is it possible to remove the string "file:" appened to ?

gb007

Post by gb007 »

StringReplace, path, path, file:///
this line does nothing