[AHK] redirecting Windows Explorer to XY

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
gb007

Re: [AHK] redirecting Windows Explorer to XY

Post by gb007 »

the correct line should be

Code: Select all

StringReplace, path, path, file:
or

StringReplace, path, path, file://, //

autocart

Post by autocart »

StringReplace, path, path, file: doesn't do anything? Where in the code did you add it?
And why do you think that StringReplace, path, path, file://, should work?

gb007

Post by gb007 »

StringReplace, path, path, file:///
doesn't do anything, this line is in your script
you can try to display the path variable before and after this line
you'll see by yourself
WE have file:// in the path so file:/// doesn't trigger the replace

StringReplace, path, path, file:
or

StringReplace, path, path, file://, //
are doing the trick
replace is triggered and file: is removed from the path

autocart

Post by autocart »

So, finally I am back for now.
Couldn't check it before in the source because I was away, sorry that it took so long.

You are right, StringReplace, path, path, file:/// is in the code, but it is a function which I copied from someone else. Therefore I did not remember / know it when I answered at first.

I added StringReplace, path, path, file://, // for the next release.

hankr123

Post by hankr123 »

No doubt, mine was just reproducing local XY conduct yet it didn't generally make a difference to me as long as it implied that WE weren't opened. Then again, my content doesn't expect XY to be open so it's a tad of a compromise with either content. I do LOVE that yours chooses the document since that is perhaps the greatest inconvenience about XY (despite the fact that I'm generally diverting to an organizer, not a record) at the same time, for me in any event, it doesn't look over the record into seeing. Is that normal conduct and, assuming this is the case, would it be able to be changed? Provided that I despite everything need to look to the document then it diminishes the advantage of having it preselected. Good health.
Sorry, using a signature is not allowed for new users.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Hello hankr123 and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for replying. It keeps me motivated to keep working on my script.

Unfortunately, I don't understand most of your post.
Could you, please, give it another try to explain. I would love to help and improve my script, but I don't really understand, so far, what you really need/want.

Regards, S.

sovot29146

Post by sovot29146 »

Hi, I've been using this script for a while, it works great, but there is some delay between closing the explorer window and opening xyplorer, is this normal or is it just my problem?

highend

Post by highend »

Execute this from the address bar after you've had such a delay time and show the results

text get("loadtimes");
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

autocart

Post by autocart »

highend wrote: 12 Jan 2021 19:44 Execute this from the address bar after you've had such a delay time and show the results

text get("loadtimes");
That could already provide hints.

Another thought is, does this only happen when XY is not running and, thus, the script is kicking XY to start up first, or are the delays also happening when XY is already running in the task bar?

sovot29146

Post by sovot29146 »

From your answers, I deduce that it's probably my problem. I am attaching a gif of the problem: the duration of the explorer.exe screen depends on the workload of the pc, in this example I had nothing else open, but sometimes it can even last 1 or 2s.

XY ver: 	XYplorer 21.40.0101
OS:     	Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit, Release 2009, Build 19042.685
Loaded: 	2021-01-13 14:22:32 in 947 ms.
Threshold: 	10 ms

0 ms:     211 ms - Start Load
   211 ms:      19 ms - Init Language
   230 ms:      77 ms - Load Language
   320 ms:      33 ms - Init Controls
   353 ms:      92 ms - Init Graphics
   445 ms:      19 ms - Init Tabs
   464 ms:      47 ms - Create Info Panel
   511 ms:      84 ms - Set Interface Font
   595 ms:      36 ms - Init Panes
   646 ms:      67 ms - Load Folder Size Cache
   716 ms:      16 ms - Add Folder C:\Windows
   736 ms:      11 ms - Layout Bars
   747 ms:      14 ms - Layout List
   761 ms:      72 ms - Show Window
   839 ms:      30 ms - Set LookIn Text
   869 ms:      76 ms - Load Other Pane
   947 ms:            - Load Done

MaxiTree: Rows=17, Nodes=18, Expanded=2
Check Existence of Subfolders in Tree: Yes
Pane 1: Items=24/116, Pane 2: Items=1/5, Catalog: Items=1
Get Folder Sizes: Yes
Attachments
b.gif
b.gif (1009.13 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
Last edited by sovot29146 on 13 Jan 2021 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Sorry for the delay in answering. I had not gotten any notification about your reply.

From your answer, I deduce that XY is already running.
I was asking because in the case that it is not running, XY is first started up and that would explain a delay.

However, it sometimes happens to me too, that, even when XY is running already, the Windows Explorer window stays open for 1 or 2 seconds before it gets redirected to XY.

Still, since this happens to me rarely, and the same view gets redirected much faster on consecutive redirections, it did not and still does not bother me enough to investigate the reason, especially since I would not know what it could be. If you can convince me with enough credibility of why it is very important, then I will try to investigate the issue further.

wfeg

Post by wfeg »

autocart

This script looks as if it will do the job nicely.

Thank you for pointing out this to me.

Wfeg

autocart

Post by autocart »

wfeg wrote: 01 Feb 2021 07:21autocart
Thank you for pointing out this to me.
For the record:
It was highend, who pointed it out:
viewtopic.php?p=184895#p184895
Thx, highend.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Alrighty, folks,

A new version is out, roaming the streets:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10671

I also rewrote the help in the first post and, thus, also inside the script itself.
I am always happy about feedback, positive and negative. 8)

The most noteable changes are:
-) So far, the focused control in XY did not change after a redirection. It was mere chance whether or not the list had focus.
Now it can be specified whether the list in XY should automatically get focus after a redirection, in case some other control of XY has focus. This can be useful, because if the list does *not* have focus, then any selected items might visually not be distinguishable so easily.

-) Redirected WE paths can now be opened in separate (new) XY read-only instances or still in the normal XY window as new tab, as before.
For such read-only instances, a different ini file can be specified, so that these instances have a different layout.
Details in the help.

Couple of small changes to the system tray context menu:
-) Added an item in the tray menu, that activates or deactivates (on the fly) the hotkey for manually redirecting XY tabs to a new WE window (the other direction than usual). That hotkey could already be specified in the config file of the previous version. I just added the corresponding item to the tray menu, as it was already there for the a similar hotkey.

-) The tray icon context menu can now be opened also with a single left mouse button click on the tray icon. Before, the context menu opened only with a right mouse button click.

-) Changed the indicator symbol in the tray menu for the suspended state from a check mark to a big fat dot. This way it might be less confusing, since the meaning of the other checkable items is slightly different, plus their logic is reverse too (namely check = hotkeys are "on" but with the suspend item it means check = script is "off"). Just a little tiny experiment. (FYI, other indicator symbols for the tray menu items are, it seems, not available in standard AutoHotkey.)

-) If a hotkey is not defined, then in the previous version no tray menu item was generated for them. Now, the tray item context menu will still generate an entry indicating that the hotkey could be defined but has not been. (BTW, the Ctrl-Hotkey for manually avoiding redirection is, so far, hard coded / not user definable. Right now it can be de-/activated, but only through the tray icon context menu at runtime. However, this is on the to-do list, to "raise" specification, and thus de-/activation also to the config file.)

And other internal changes. Full change log in the first post.

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

Thanks for the hard work! :appl: