The Unofficial XYplorer Archive

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Unofficial XYplorer Archive

Post by admin »

It's a totally unique thing. (Even) I only have a fraction of those versions here. Just FYI.

highend

Post by highend »

I'm only keeping the last four main version branches here myself (currently v18 - v21, when the first v22 comes out, v18 will be deleted, etc...)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

I keep about one year's worth of versions both beta and full and clean it up whenever I feel it's getting a bit much.
To answer Marco's question, I never had to rely on the freezer nor Marco's collection, thus not sure whether it fulfills a need.
I would expect that users who are "stuck" with older builds due to their license having expired, should keep a few older versions they are allowed to use themselves. So the archive could be stripped from all beta versions that are too old, whatever the definition for this would be.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Marco

Post by Marco »

Ok, I did some simulations and, if I moved everything to Mega and its 50 GB, I would run out of space in ten years. I have a fiber connection, but the hassle of reuploading everything and recreating the folder structure doesn't appeal to me as of now (tho I may change idea). I'll simply delete the older branches when I'll reach the 14.9 GB mark on GDrive, but I'll still keep locally everything, just in case.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

highend

Post by highend »

Marco, is it possible to copy the content to a different gdrive account (without the necessity for you to reupload it manually)? A "direct copy from one gdrive to another gdrive"...

I'll have an account with unlimited space^^

Marco

Post by Marco »

highend wrote: 25 Jun 2021 15:12 Marco, is it possible to copy the content to a different gdrive account (without the necessity for you to reupload it manually)? A "direct copy from one gdrive to another gdrive"...

I'll have an account with unlimited space^^
Oohh! I should check...
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer

Marco

Post by Marco »

Ok, so... I did a similar thing in the past (moving from my OneDrive to my GDrive) and resorted to use Mover, an online web service that could connect to different storage services and copy/move data between them. Now Mover is Microsoft's property and works only in the direction "other storage services" -> OneDrive. The current free alternatives to Mover would be something like MultCloud ( https://www.multcloud.com/ ) or CloudSwap.io ( https://cloudswap.io/ )

highend

Post by highend »

Such a simple thing :blackstorm: I won't handout the credentials to an online service...

Can you send me the current link to the archive via pm please? The one you send me in 2019 doesn't work anymore.

I'll download it and reupload it manually afterwards...

Marco

Post by Marco »

4000 builds!
A big thank you to all the people who supported all this!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow! :beer: :party:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

@Marco: A big thank to you as well! :party: :beer:

Are you still using "native" XYplorer?

Marco

Post by Marco »

What do you mean with “native”?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Marco wrote: 06 May 2022 23:02 “native”?
On a "pure" Windows machine (not something like Wine ...)

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Marco wrote: 18 Jun 2021 19:07 After eight years, and more than 3600 builds, the Archive has grown to a noteworthy 14.9 GB - just shy of the Google Drive 15 GB limit, that will be reached with the addition of less than 20 builds. A huge thank you goes to all the contributors.
But... Are we reaching the end? I don't know. The space limit can be overcome by moving everything to another hosting service. The real question is: is there any demand for such Archive?
i guess required storage space could be reduced noticeably by keeping the diffs of archives with a sensible amount of full-file checkpoints along the history. a webapp could be hosted somewhere to reproduce any requested version by combining the diffs with the closest checkpoint. :ugeek:
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Marco

Post by Marco »

SammaySarkar wrote: 07 May 2022 11:48
Marco wrote: 18 Jun 2021 19:07 After eight years, and more than 3600 builds, the Archive has grown to a noteworthy 14.9 GB - just shy of the Google Drive 15 GB limit, that will be reached with the addition of less than 20 builds. A huge thank you goes to all the contributors.
But... Are we reaching the end? I don't know. The space limit can be overcome by moving everything to another hosting service. The real question is: is there any demand for such Archive?
i guess required storage space could be reduced noticeably by keeping the diffs of archives with a sensible amount of full-file checkpoints along the history. a webapp could be hosted somewhere to reproduce any requested version by combining the diffs with the closest checkpoint. :ugeek:
Sounds like a brilliant idea! But I’m not an engineer anymore :ninja: