Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Say it if you mean it...
allen

Post by allen »

j_c_hallgren wrote:For those very rare times when I use AB, having the auto-complete makes it almost fun to use, and not a PITA! Thanks much! :D
Now imagine -my- joy. I use the AB as much as you -don't- :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

allen wrote:The icons added to the clipboard editor are a nice touch and add usability to an already amazing feature that I use quite frequently.
Do you ever rename or add a new item in that interface? I'm inclined to remove these two possibilities (and just keep "Delete" and reordering), because they are too strange. It would spare me to write code for retrieving icons for manually typed items, which already shows how strange this possibility is...

allen

Post by allen »

admin wrote:
allen wrote:The icons added to the clipboard editor are a nice touch and add usability to an already amazing feature that I use quite frequently.
Do you ever rename or add a new item in that interface? I'm inclined to remove these two possibilities (and just keep "Delete" and reordering), because they are too strange. It would spare me to write code for retrieving icons for manually typed items, which already shows how strange this possibility is...
I do add/edit items!

As long as the edit mode is left intact I'd still find it sufficiently useful. I'm assuming that populating the list with after switching back from Editor to list wouldn't be much more difficult than the initial launch of the clipboard editor and that you'd rather do that than deal with individual, manually typed lines one at a time as added.

While I wouldn't complaint at the possibility of a Browse button when adding new items, taking away the New/edit buttons wouldn't kill me. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

allen wrote:
admin wrote:
I do add/edit items!

As long as the edit mode is left intact I'd still find it sufficiently useful. I'm assuming that populating the list with after switching back from Editor to list wouldn't be much more difficult than the initial launch of the clipboard editor and that you'd rather do that than deal with individual, manually typed lines one at a time as added.

While I wouldn't complaint at the possibility of a Browse button when adding new items, taking away the New/edit buttons wouldn't kill me. :)
Okay, just added the missing icon update stuff. Sometimes it's easier to simply add a feature than to explain why it does not work in a certain context. Less Exceptions, More Power -- the LEMP-principle! :wink:

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

JustinF wrote:Yep, address bar autocompletion is a very nice addition to XY's already huge library of features! Thanks!
Yes it is, very cool! 8)

It's just too bad it's AB-only and doesn't work on the Go to menu aswell, I would have really loved that, especially since then I'd have actually used it ;)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
JustinF wrote:Yep, address bar autocompletion is a very nice addition to XY's already huge library of features! Thanks!
Yes it is, very cool! 8)

It's just too bad it's AB-only and doesn't work on the Go to menu aswell, I would have really loved that, especially since then I'd have actually used it ;)
No problem, I'll simply add the option. :) I'll also add it to find files/location.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:No problem, I'll simply add the option. :) I'll also add it to find files/location.
Excellent! :D
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

allen

Post by allen »

admin wrote:
jacky wrote:
Yes it is, very cool! 8)

No problem, I'll simply add the option. :) I'll also add it to find files/location.
Excellent -- any chance on adding it to the moveto/copyto/backupto popups as well?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

allen wrote:
admin wrote:
jacky wrote:
Yes it is, very cool! 8)

Excellent -- any chance on adding it to the moveto/copyto/backupto popups as well?
Easy, BUT I have a stupid little problem here: when pressing ESC to close the autocompletion drop-down the key is not eaten but propagated to the dialog window which is then immediately closed too! :( :evil:

allen

Post by allen »

admin wrote:Easy, BUT I have a stupid little problem here: when pressing ESC to close the autocompletion drop-down the key is not eaten but propagated to the dialog window which is then immediately closed too! :( :evil:
A minute technicality :P It's easy enough to ctrl+g again -- in the mean time it's a small price to pay for the added convenience of the auto complete.

As for the move/copy/etc. dialog(s) -- I'm reminded that I've meant to mention this for some time now. Hitting tab to bring focus to the browse/free-type location puts the cursor at the beginning of the line. Would it be possible to have it auto-highlight the text to allow for quick deletion?

zridling

Post by zridling »

Man I blinked and there's been seven revisions. CTRL+ALT+F7 to go to last folder where files were moved or copied is really fantastic. Yet one more feature I will use throughout the day, thanks!
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Code: Select all

v5.20.0060 - 02.11.06 21:30 
  +++ Added "Default Tab" to the tabs' context menu.
yaay!! Time to party! :D ;)
Been trying it quickly, it's just awesome, I love it! Especially usefull, to me, after running a search. From the SR I used to either click on Tree to go where I wanted to or use Go to Focused Item (Ctrl+Left) which always opened a new tab, now it's back to my default tab!! :D

Awesome little feature, thanks a lot Don!
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

jacky wrote:

Code: Select all

v5.20.0060 - 02.11.06 21:30 
  +++ Added "Default Tab" to the tabs' context menu.
yaay!! Time to party! :D ;)
Been trying it quickly, it's just awesome, I love it! Especially usefull, to me, after running a search. From the SR I used to either click on Tree to go where I wanted to or use Go to Focused Item (Ctrl+Left) which always opened a new tab, now it's back to my default tab!! :D

Awesome little feature, thanks a lot Don!
What Jacky said. :D

John
Win2K
1,503ms

surrender

Post by surrender »

Default tab is awesome. Hail anti-tab proliferator. 8)

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

I don't mean to diss this great achievement but

> Note: the "Default Tab" will only be used if no other tab pointing
> to the desired location does already exist in which case this tab
> will be selected.

If I choose a folder not on another tab, then it gets shown in the default tab, great, but if while on the default tab, I choose a folder in the tree that is on one of the other tabs, it does not make that tab focused but stays in the default tab and shows it there.

John
Win2K