Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Say it if you mean it...
serendipity

Post by serendipity »

The new 6.70.0005 beta wrote:

Code: Select all

+ List: added functionality to jump to the target of *.LNK files (aka Shortcuts). You find it in the context menu of List items (if the focused item is a shortcut). The target is displayed in the status bar when hovering the menu command.
I am loving this feature. So cool. 8)

zridling

Once again, the customizable keyboard shortcuts features are

Post by zridling »

fantastic! In the CKS dialog, the presence of the Options and All Free Shortcuts features save me a ton of time when committing them to memory. XYplorer has evolved to much more than I ever thought I would need out of a file manager and search tool.

Thanks Don!
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

ugus

Post by ugus »

v6.80.0030 - 2008-01-21 14:44
+ Scripting got new commands:

- MoveTo
Syntax: moveto [location]
Examples (use Go To dialog to test!):
::moveto D:\Archives\<dyyyy-mm-dd>

- CopyTo
Syntax: copyto [location]
::copyto D:\Archives\<dyyyy-mm-dd>

- BackupTo
Syntax: backupto [location]
::backupto D:\Archives\<dyyyy-mm-dd>

- Rename
Syntax: rename bat|re|sr|kc|ext, [pattern], |p
- bat|re|sr|kc|ext =
batch|regexp|search&replace|keepchars|extension
- |p = no preview|preview
(simply omit the argument to skip preview)
Examples:
::rename bat, *-<myyyymmdd>, p
::rename bat, *-<myyyymmdd>
::rename , *-<myyyymmdd>
::rename re, \.html$>.htm, p
::rename sr, ü/ue
::rename kc, 0123456789, p
::rename ext, htm
Note that the third example is a batch rename since "bat" is the
first (=default) value for this option field.

* Scripting: when processing scripts stepwise, you now are presented
a preparsed version of your script in the form:
Command Name
Arg1
Arg2
Helps you to immediately see if the parsing went alright.
+ Scripting command "Goto". Addendum: while XYplorer accepts scripts
in all places where a location to go to is expected (Address Bar,
Catalog, Favorites, Goto UDC, etc...) the "Goto" scripting command
is, of course, an exception! This will NOT work
::goto ::#222
and is totally superfluous anyway because if it would work it
would be identical to
::#222
UNICODE.
WOW !!! Don, this is really looking awesome...

:D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Ok, so I tried out the new Find:

v6.80.0078 - 2008-02-16 12:43 
  +++ Find Files | Size: Now you can find folders by size! Simply check 
      the new option "Search for folders as well".
Well, that's pretty handy...but...how would one find only empty folders and not files?
Could the checkbox option be split into two parts 'Search folders' & 'Search Files' maybe? So that one could target either or both? If this is already possible, it wasn't readily obvious...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

You know there's an Attributes tab right? Just ask for "Directory" to get only folders, no files. ;)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Ok, so I tried out the new Find:

v6.80.0078 - 2008-02-16 12:43 
  +++ Find Files | Size: Now you can find folders by size! Simply check 
      the new option "Search for folders as well".
Well, that's pretty handy...but...how would one find only empty folders and not files?
Could the checkbox option be split into two parts 'Search folders' & 'Search Files' maybe? So that one could target either or both? If this is already possible, it wasn't readily obvious...
You can use the Attributes filter and check "Directory". But I admit that a second check box or 3 radios would be more handy.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:You can use the Attributes filter and check "Directory". But I admit that a second check box or 3 radios would be more handy.
Maybe a second checkbox on Size that would thus also adjust the Attributes filter as needed for folders...yes, it would be redundant, but it would make it more novice friendly, I think, as they may not use Attrib tab much...I'd forgotten that Directory was there. :oops:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:You can use the Attributes filter and check "Directory". But I admit that a second check box or 3 radios would be more handy.
I'm not sure about that... because :
- A second checkbox seems very "wrong" to me. I mean, we're on the Size filter, and an option to include folders make sense as it means calculating to sizes of folders as well. To check for files is like, so what, I can search for items bigger then 100 MB, but not folders & not files either ? uh ? :roll: Plus, asking for files only is like, what else could they be (if not folders) ?

- Radios makes a little more sense, but doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I mean: I say "At Least 100 MB" and choose "files & folders". Then on Attributes Tab I say "Not Directory". Now what ? Which does XY use, the Size filter, or the Attributes filter ?

I think it's good as it is now. Maybe rename "Search for folders as well" by something more like "Calculate folders size" or something, to get it less confusing.

BTW: what I'd like on Attributes is a new radio option: AND vs OR
So I can search for items that are hidden AND system, or hidden OR system !
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
I'm not sure about that... because :
- A second checkbox seems very "wrong" to me. I mean, we're on the Size filter, and an option to include folders make sense as it means calculating to sizes of folders as well. To check for files is like, so what, I can search for items bigger then 100 MB, but not folders & not files either ? uh ? :roll: Plus, asking for files only is like, what else could they be (if not folders) ?

- Radios makes a little more sense, but doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I mean: I say "At Least 100 MB" and choose "files & folders". Then on Attributes Tab I say "Not Directory". Now what ? Which does XY use, the Size filter, or the Attributes filter ?

I think it's good as it is now. Maybe rename "Search for folders as well" by something more like "Calculate folders size" or something, to get it less confusing.

BTW: what I'd like on Attributes is a new radio option: AND vs OR
So I can search for items that are hidden AND system, or hidden OR system !
Oh, I'm glad to agree, especially on a saturday evening. :wink:

new radio option: later...

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Whatever... :roll: ...my only point was that it would be (IMO) more user friendly to have some method on Size tab that would allow me to specify that I desire to apply this criteria to files or folders or both...and that it may be redundant with another way, but ease of use is also a benefit.

There are times when what I need is any folder with total size of some value, and other times I'm after the files themselves only, while on occasion, like looking for zero/empty, I may wish to scan both...If that can easily be done now, then ok...no changes are needed.

Having the OR/AND on Attibutes is another good proposal, as jacky is correct about some files that would only meet one but not both criteria.

Linkaday
Location: Hamburg, Germany - Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 1920x1080 (100%)

Post by Linkaday »

:D Ooh, can't really tell how much me likes the "Paste Special ... to new file" (special thanks to Jacky pushin it)!

All those i recommended XY or gave a license to (except Tonto, who is still just a bit away from reading :lol: ) charged me with telling you how enthuastic they are about the "Tour"!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Linkaday wrote:6.80.0097
:D Ooh, can't really tell how much me likes the "Paste Special ... to new file" (special thanks to Jacky pushin it)!

All those i recommended XY or gave a license to (except Tonto, who is still just a bit away from reading :lol: ) charged me with telling you how enthuastic they are about the "Tour"!
Thank you! Today I finished the help file for 7.0 (well, apart from Scripting chapter... :roll: ). Now there's more time for working on the Tour.

Linkaday

Post by Linkaday »

At least a thousand thanks for the updated help file with the grandioso Scripting Commands Reference! Since my daily copy & paste of betas' changelogs to compile "Here is scripting.txt" and my poor attempts to group some along the line of - you named it - Jacky' s great wiki work, i apprehend the "sweat" it must have costed alongside your admirable ride towards 7.0. The holiday break is the least you deserve. We can surely await the ideas you'll bring back.

Linkaday

Post by Linkaday »

Breathtaking - man, leave something for v2 :lol:
(OTOH i believe there's no one here who will not acclaim what you put in).

And I have scarcely swallowed the bits from 0111 - click and scroll savers par excellence alltogether: saved settings msg on status bar; direct call of commands reference; touch!
And according to Don's law now scripting commands reference parenthetically grew an overnight horizontal index!

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Linkaday wrote:And according to Don's law now scripting commands reference parenthetically grew an overnight horizontal index!
So that's why as of v111, the Install.exe now is over the 1MB size line! I was wondering when that would occur...the zip is still barely under it...